taultunleashed logoEvasion question and Vit. vs Armor. Hidden ability items. : FFXI General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 3 posts ] 
blue large dot

Evasion question and Vit. vs Armor. Hidden ability items. : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: May 30th, 2004, 4:14 am

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
If you evasion is Maxed out, do you still get bonuses to evade if you have + evasion equipment on?
( and then thers' the whole " if you have high Evasion, you will never counter", argument; any info?)
Is it +2 Vitality = 1 armor bonus? or defense bonus?
I've been told that it's best to have a combination. ( aka for a paladin)

Pluses to Str, like +5, will that help whit the damage you deal and The better chance of a critical hit? What gives Critical hit bonuses??
** Ant links to websites that explain stats and such would be greatly appericated,

Hidden ability, I know so Monk footwear Has a "Hidden" effect when worn, where can I find out more information, or other Hidden ability items?
Thank You.

Posted: May 30th, 2004, 8:52 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Ok ill try to answer as many of these as possible:

1. If evasion is maxed. (i.e blue) and you have equipment on IT DOES go over what your at. So Yes.

2. Well if you have high evasion, you wont be getting hit, so you would counter less in theory no?

3. +2 Vitality, Your Vitality Decides how much damage you take from a Monster, So + Vitality= Defense Bonus. VIT is a PLD best friend.

4. + STR will hit for more because + STR adds to your attack, thus you hitting harder.

5. Critical Hits: DEX determines if the hit will be critical or not, so the more DEX you have the more chances of making that critical hit.

6. I dont know much about tht hidden ability, never heard anything like that.

Hope this helps.

-J

Posted: May 30th, 2004, 11:56 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
OK, although most of the above poster's info was correct:

1) Yes, if you have say... +15 evasion, and your evasion is capped, you still get the +15 to it.
2) In this game, damage is on a curve. Your Defense rating determines where the attacker is on the curve. Lower defense means he's higher on the curve. VIT lowers the curve of damage itself, why Defense lowers your position on the curve. VIT is good, but it can't really help much without good defense.
3) STR and Attack are just like the relationship between VIT and Defense. STR raises your damage curve against the monster, and Attack raises your placement on the curve itself. Attack has more effect with a higher damage weapon. If you're a MNK [and by your questions, I think you are] It would be generally more efficient to enhance STR. Why? It's simple: a DRK will get more out of +1 Attack then you do, but +1 STR adds the same damage to his scythe as it adds to each of your fists.
4) DEX affects the percentage of critical hits. DEX has an affect on Accuracy similar to the one that STR has on Attack. [+2 STR = +1 ATK, but STR has it's own effect on damage, just like DEX effects critical hit percentage]
4) Yes, if you have high evasion, you will Counter less. This is because the game checks for evade before Counter, so if you evade, there is no chance to Counter.
5) There are three MNK boots [they can be worn by all jobs but are only useful for MNKs] that have hidden effects. First of these is the Kung Fu Shoes. Level 51 requirement, DEF: 8. These usually go for 500-600k on Carbuncle, although I'm sure it varies by server. Now, why are these boots so valuable? At level 51, Monks throw in random Kick Attacks for extra damage. Normally, these attacks deal damage as if you had no weapon equipped on your fist. The Kung Fu Shoes act as the equivalent of a +20 DMG knuckle for your kicks. [To give some perspective on how good these are: the highest damage MNK knuckle is +23 DMG with a level 75 requirement] The second of these shoes is the Wulong Shoes. These are a level 66 requirement, and have DEF: 9. The Wulong Shoes act like a +25 DMG knuckle for your kicks. There are Wulong Shoes +1, which are an exceptional result from the recipe for Wulong Shoes [Wulong Shoes are crafted from Kung Fu Shoes]. They have DEF: 10 and act as a +27 DMG knuckle for Kick Attacks. The last of these special boots cannot be bought, unlike the Kung Fu or Wulong Shoes. They MUST be obtained from the NM that drops them, and he does use 10,000 needles [Cactuar NM] These boots are called Dune Boots, and they act as a +30 DMG knuckle for your kicks. They have a lv 70 requirement. With DEF: 11. Good luck on getting them.

Also, here is how to obtain each of them:

Kung Fu Shoes: Purchase, or the NM Cactuar Cantautor, this NM is around lv 50.
Wulong Shoes: Purchase, or craft from Kung Fu Shoes. Because Kung Fu Shoes are practically the same price as Wulong Shoes, I suggest just buying them. They are a level 82 Clothcraft recipe.
Dune Boots: The Cactuar NMs Sabotender Bailarin, and Sabotender Bailarina. You cannot buy these on the AH.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online