blue large dot

Fame stradegy : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: May 10th, 2004, 11:07 am

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Ok, i need fame for all nations. (lvl 20 summoner quest)

Can any of you please give me any stradigies that will get me good fast fame? I do not care about gil, i just want fame. I am in windy now so start with that first.

Thank you for your time, appretiated :D

Also, please no arguements on this forum. :cry:

Posted: May 10th, 2004, 7:46 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Windy: Lots of little quests, a lot of the quests in Windy aren't easily (or even) repeatable, but there are a few.

The "fastest" one I can think of is "Mandragora mad", Given by Yoran-Oran (E-5 Wind Walls; in the house). Hand in Coronettes 1 at a time. You'll only get 200 gil each, and on fairy they sell for 300->500. So you might bite some big money. Coronette's can be found off mandragora's in the Sarutabaruta areas.

After you get decent fame, you can also do "A feather in one's cap" (assuming you've done hat in hand") from Baren-Moren (H-7 southern Windy Waters; in the hat shop). requires 3 large bird feathers dropped off mid level and up Cockatrice. On this you WILL end up biting a considerable amount of gil, but the coronettes will disappear fast. So have friends in other cities and buy those before you start this one.

Sandy:

The best ways to get fame you can start at no fame. There are two repeatable quests that are easy.

My prefered one was "fear of the dark" given by Secodiand (F-6 N. Sandy, ont he wooden walkway, but not down either side). 2 bat wings, 200 gil. I typically could get stacks anywhere but sandy for around 2k a stack.

The other is "The merchants bidding" given from Parvipon (E-8; Southern SAndy outside hte tanners shop) 3 Rabbit skins for 120 gil. More work, less profit... but another alternative.

Bastok:

I had a hard time doing quests in bastok also. There aren't any cheaper quests for bastok. That I found at least.

One repeatable is "a flash in the pan" but she only needs flint stones ever so often. This quest is given by Aquilna (K-9; Bastok Markets). It's something to check on the way to the next repeatable.

"Gourmet", Given by Salima (L-8 Markets) you can give here one of 3 items. Wild Onion, Treant bulb, or Sleep shrooms. Treant bulbs 6:00-11:59 (200 gil) Wild onions 12:00-17:59(350 gil) and Sleep shrooms 18:00-5:59(200 gil). You can ask the child what to give if you forget the times.
Note: You can give any of the 3 at any time, but will only yield about 100 gil reward.
Note2: You need to zone to reactivate this quest. She won't take 2 items without you zoning between.

Another repeatable is not at ALL profitable, but if you get bored of those, you can do "Buckets of Gold", given by Foss (F-7 Markets). 5 Rusty buckets and he'll give you 300gil. No zoning needed, and close ot the AH. Rusty buckets were like 150gil. 450 gil loss.

After you get a moderate amount of fame, I suggest you switch to "vengeful wrath",given by Goraow (Bastok mines, in the staircase at hte top, corrdinates unknown) 900 gil reward, and the helms were about 1k each on fairy. Even up to 1,500 still be about the same.

Those were how I got my fame max for hte summons quests. I"m sure there are better ways, but I was lazy and stuck with what I knew wasn't too bad.

Posted: May 10th, 2004, 9:15 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
http://somepage.com/ffxi/fame.html#How_to_Level_Up_Fame

go click on the leveling fame link there... or just scroll down. all the repeatable quests there ^^

Posted: May 11th, 2004, 6:03 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
wow, thanks alot guys^^ lol. definatly this helps me allot i love this forum

Last edited by Tault_Tault Community on May 12th, 2004, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: May 12th, 2004, 5:47 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
hmmm... i don't understand tt post ...lol... just tried to help ppl here.. ^^

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online