Fishing guild test : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: June 16th, 2004, 10:26 am

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Does anyone know either:

a: a quick way to to get from SanDoria to Windurst for low level characters (under 10) to take their level 10 fishing cap test.

b: another way of lifting the level 10 fishing cap without having to be in Windurst

I am in SanD and I am low level (level 10 BLM) but I am also capped at 10 in my fishing....is there hope?

Posted: June 16th, 2004, 3:41 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
nope, no hope, give up now.

There are several ways to get your lvl 10 character to windy from sandy. All of them involve great risk and a long haul. Except a teleport, but since you probably don't have the crystal you need, its outa the question. Hrmmm. Yep I was right, no hope, you're doomed.

Run your lowbie but to Selbina, hop the boat (DO NOT LEAVE THE CARGO HOLD), then run your lowbie butt to Windy. You'll probably die, multiple times, in horrible unspeakable ways, but if you set home points along the way it shuld only take you 4-5 hours.

<.<
>.>
-.-
x.X

Posted: June 16th, 2004, 10:27 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
What crystal do I need. I have ALOT of gil so if I can buy it I will. Can I just have someone teleport me like I always see others doing for gil?

Posted: June 16th, 2004, 10:31 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
That sounded so noobish, Im not even going to answer.

Posted: June 17th, 2004, 2:36 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Never said I am not a noob. I guess you must have been borne knowing everything about this game....WOW you are SO lucky, I wish I was as smart as you are 0111, you're my HERO!

Posted: June 17th, 2004, 4:42 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
yeah you need to go to the crag to get the crystal, so you cant buy it.

Posted: June 17th, 2004, 5:17 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
that sux...oh well, I am up for a journey

Posted: June 17th, 2004, 5:31 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
o0o0o

Posted: June 18th, 2004, 7:42 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
The crystal cannot be bought, sold, traded, dropped or in any other manipulated by your character. It's a key item. Go to the Crag of your choice, ultimately all of them, and investigate the telepad. You'll recieve a crystal if your detective skill is above 0. Once the crystal obtained you beg any whm you like to teleport you and you'll pop out at the crag. Don't be supprised if the WHM you ask to teleport you doesn't reply, sounds a bit irritated, or even responds negetively. WHM get harrased by ay and everyone who wants to something remotely dangerous or travel great distance will relatively little risk.

The correct path imho for your character is putting about 3 more solo lvls on, then getting a PT in the dunes till your around 15 or so. You should be able to safely navigate the terrain seperating you from your desired bait and tackle mecca. However, at lvl 10, you are taking your life into your own hands. Congrats btw on getting to fishing lvl 10 before your character. Quite the accoplishment since it generally take but a day or two to get your character to 10, but 4-x that to get your fishing up. Or should I congradulate your choice of bots? Either way, autodrive never taught anyone how to win a race.

Fighting fire with fire seldom extinguishes the flame.

Posted: June 25th, 2004, 3:39 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
first of all you dont have to be a high level to get from san d oria to selbina when i was level 5 i got from bastok to san d oria only dying twice. as long as you know how to be sneaky its not that bad well as long as you have a map. my job levels ar 13WAR 11 RDM and ever since i got to san d oria the first time i keep going back and fourth between the 2 makes me lots of gil. on the other hand though the trip from Mhuara to windhurst is a lil difficult and the monsters in the area are 2-3 times stronger than those in the kutzoz region so i wouldnt reccomend taking the trip to windhurst unil atleast level 20.....thank you.

Posted: June 25th, 2004, 2:08 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
so in other words....

What I said :D

Who said anything about high lvl anyway....

Posted: June 25th, 2004, 7:29 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Without trying to add fuel to the fire (why does everyone take offense so quickly here? Disagreement with your point is not a personal attack against you), I agree with highjynx here. Not that this cannot be done, but it will be extremely difficult to get a level 10 character to Windurst from the other continent. You could conceivably make it without ever dying, but that is HIGHLY unlikely. I think you'd even have trouble getting to Selbina around the Valkurm goblins, and you ain't even on the boat yet at that point. If you do get on the boat, you can't go up to the deck, every monster that can appear on the ship will kill you very quickly. Then there are more gobs in Buburimu Peninsula, and these are still a problem at L20. To be honest, getting your fishing rank up is not worth the tremendous amount of effort and time this will take, especially when you could be 15-16 with one good day of partying and make it a heck of a lot easier on yourself. (Though this passage isn't really guaranteed until L20 or so, then you can reasonably expect to survive most fights on the way)

Posted: July 22nd, 2004, 1:54 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Anything is possible, I made it from Bastok thru Marshlands as far as the Marlboro at lvl 8. While pondering if I could sneak around it or not a gob attacked & killed me. I also know someone who came by foot from Sandy to Bastok at lvl 10, with no maps. Not sure how he did it, but it can be done. You have to be very cautious, look around a lot, stick to the walls, make wide turns around gobs or anything that attack, hide behind rocks or trees whatever it takes to be sneaky, just don't take the time to fight if you're aim is to get to somewhere. My advice is get maps first though, would make the trip much easier. Rara

Posted: July 22nd, 2004, 4:29 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Thanks for all the tips. Yes, I did choose a rather effective bot to get my fishing up to 10 before my character ;) Now that character is a Lvl 21 BLM and I use another character that I started in Windurst as my glorious fishing bot and he is making me quite a bit of Gil now, accept it all goes to buy equipment/spells for my BLM....what a vicious circle.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online