taultunleashed logoFishing while getting Lu Shang. : FFXI General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 7 posts ] 
blue large dot

Fishing while getting Lu Shang. : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: June 1st, 2004, 11:22 pm

tidusace
tidusace's Reps:
Feeling bored so might as well start of with how I kinda lvled fishing while getting lu shang, help this helps =/.

WARNING: This guild is not for lvling up FAST, it is slow as hell. If you want a way to LV fast just PM me and I'll find information to compile up a fast lvling guide that atually works for you.

Lv0-11 Windurst any except for port.
Carbon / Little worm, windurst waters, fishing up crayfish which cap at LV6. You can go target moat at lv6 and on now if you'd like, but it will be slow. Get carbon rod, bait is insect paste, and start fishing for moat carp. Very slow, VERY!

Lv11-20 Fish at East Ronfaure
Composite rod / fly lure, forgot what fish. Just fish here till 20.

Lv20-27 Jugner Forest, for high lv or have sneak on, because can catch monster, or you can go fish at North Sandoria.
Composite Rod / Insect ball, your target now is tricolored carp (Cap 27)and gold carp (Cap 56). You'll be getting moat at a better rate now.

LONG AS HELL WAY---- BTW THIS IS NOT THE WAY I WENT
Lv27-56 Anywhere that can fish up gold carp and moat carp.
I'd suggest windurst, go there buy a Mithran Rod, and fish gold carp till lv56, with insect ball, by the time your that lv, you should have 10k moat..

Different Way

Lv27-35 La Theine - Can fish up monster.. I was lv53 so I could kill those mob.. not sure how high of a lv they are tough.
Rod is composite, bait is Frog Lure, Target fish is Dark Bass, and Red Terrapins. You'll also catch Rusty Cap which sells for 1.5k-2k at AH.

Lv35-38 South Gustaberg
Note: ONLY FISH HERE ON NEW / FULL MOON, IT SUCK CRAP WITHOUT IT!
Rod is composite, bait is SLICED SARDINE, not sinking minnow, or minnow, they both suck crap when I used it cause all i was getting is You didn't catch anything. But if your cheap you can do that if you want..

Lv38-50 Rabao
Go to rabao, if you dunno where, go find out..
Rod is Carbon, bait is Insect Ball, you will be getting mad moat, while some sandfish, do this till 50, you'll have 2-4k moat =).

Lv50-56 Windurst anywhere cept for port.
Rod Mithran Rod, Bait Insect Ball.
You're going to be fishing up gold carp some which caps at 56 while you fish up tons of moat. By the time you end this maybe you end up with 6k moat total for all your time fishing moat, you can use that 600k if you still have it from turning in 6k moat, to buy 1-3k moat. Then fish up the rest at rabao.

This is how I went, and didn't copy and paste crap from other guide, and it wasn't so bad to me. Good luck have fun.

Posted: June 2nd, 2004, 9:22 am

joreallean

Total Posts: 98
joreallean's Reps: 0
Lifetime Member (Guides)
I have an alternate route that doesn't require you to leave Windurst at all.

1-11 Moat Carp (Little worms or Insect Balls)
11-29 Papira (Meat Balls)
29-56 Gold Carp (Insect Balls)

I've been working on this for about two weeks or so now and I'm to 43 and the speed is picking up. I presume that I will be up to 56 before the end of the week easily.

I sold a bunch of the moat carp in the beginning to get all my space increase quests done. I have about 500k left over or so right now and about 1100 moat carp turned in for lu shangs.

Posted: June 26th, 2004, 3:34 pm

junky_w_a_m
junky_w_a_m's Reps:
As a note since I've been trying your method joreallean for the last .. day or so I'm curious if you used it yourself? All the information I have links it to saying Papira are best caught if your a higher rank (rank 2) and have atleast 15 skill.. With my full set of Fishing Gear, Carbon/Comp. rod, meat balls, adv. fish and all I had difficulty not only catching papira but raising my skill.. I think in the last 14 hours I've raised it maybe 0.6 or 0.7 from 12 or 13 (which is above your starting point). Granted I've barely used any money for bait, but thats because I cant catch them.. In the said mentioned time (half of it was in a favorable moon as well, which is actually where all 0.6 points came from) I've caught 21 Papiras, once again most of them coming from a favorable moon only.

I am, amitably a fishing newbie compared to your person skill, but I have yet to see any mention other then here that Papiras should be caught at below 18 skill (when you can raise rank again) x_x. Apologies for any stupidity on my part.

Posted: June 26th, 2004, 4:35 pm

asl18fs

Total Posts: 2707
asl18fs's Reps: 1
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
premium
Only a bot has the patience to skillup on Pipira, be smart and just dont do it. It's a royal waste of time.

Posted: June 26th, 2004, 8:49 pm

junky_w_a_m
junky_w_a_m's Reps:
Indeed I am using a bot, xunleashed itself. The problem I've fallen across is its still a royal waste of time if my bot is sitting around and neither gaining skill OR gil in my opinion.

Posted: June 27th, 2004, 3:30 am

asl18fs

Total Posts: 2707
asl18fs's Reps: 1
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
premium
Then do your homework, just because you can bot fishing doesn't somehow turn into a goldmine. Start by reading tidusace's post then visit osakana, lisaarndt, clanwind etc (if you don't know what those are use google).

Posted: June 27th, 2004, 8:15 am

junky_w_a_m
junky_w_a_m's Reps:
Exactly what I did, clanwind in this case as havnt heard references to osakana or lisaarndt, will check them out. But a Pipira shows on clanwind to be foolish to fish at anything below rank 3 fishing lvl 15. Rank 3 you cant even get till what.. level 18 skill ? This is starting at 11 fishing, I'm curious to know or if I was making a mistake in reading it whether its any use because I'm simply not going ANYWHERE on pipira compared to basically any other fish I've hit =\

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online