taultunleashed logohas this game died? : FFXI General Discussions - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 56 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
blue large dot

has this game died? : FFXI General Discussions - Page 2

Posted: March 9th, 2007, 12:59 am

syztem
syztem's Reps:
my nipples goth ard every time he typed fanboy...

Posted: March 10th, 2007, 1:15 pm

fishingguy
fishingguy's Reps:
I strongly disagree that the original EQ is dead. I log onto that game and group/level faster than I ever have in FF. I get almost instant group invites in EQ. I think EQ2 didn't meet the designers expectations and didn't become as large as the original. But the original is still played with peak time having well over 2k players on my server. Players are just spread out more over the multitude of zones that EQ has, but they helped that by adding "Hot Zones" that have increased XP for certain levels. Yes the servers were merged and there are now only about 12, but that's still not bad. Plus they added progression servers which started with the original game and as players get to a certain point in each expansion that unlocks each successive expansion one by one. And they are only about 1/2 way through on that. I believe that FFXI is dwindling, yes, but dead, far from it.

EQ has been up for almost 9 years now, FFXI should be so lucky to still have servers up that far down the road.

Posted: June 10th, 2007, 2:07 am

terrah

Total Posts: 66
terrah's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
FFXI died for me a year ago

why?

Having the best gear for your job isn't always fun. BAck when you're a noob, you keep playing to become the best for your job. Well once you've got it there's not much to do except keel stuff you've yet to keel. This plan was all fun in my linkshell, killing big monsters for fun that other shells cant. Well this game failed the moment AV was introduced. The only monster in the game that our LS had yet to keel. One JoL AV pops and even though we know it's impossible to beat legitly basically we give it a try. A long story short, we locked its 2hours over a 3 day period (yes we had lvl 1 bsts pulling it over and over, over night for 3 days straight) and we tried several different strategies. Hell we tried to aspir that !@#$%^&* to suck all its MP. (Idea came from a 2hr kirin back when we were nobs and it took that long and Kirin ran out of mp lol) Finally we found a strategy to dmg it and somewhat stay alive. 79% boom, sup meteor spam. We figured a GM took over (multiple shells were calling GMs on us for holding it for so long for some odd reason) result of our AV attempt, pwned at 79% 2 best plds in shell were banned and LS leader was suspended. Why play a game when you've got 1 monster left to defeat that is unbeatable? (been a year since then and that fact has yet to change) ToAU monsters were realeased, they're cake compared to AV. This game is dead to me

Posted: June 10th, 2007, 3:08 am

anbukilla
anbukilla's Reps:
dead???? I give it 2-3 years. since yes when people begin to quit they will merge servers so in the end I do think it will go for 2-3 years or it will just die as soon as the new FF MMORPG comes out. which is maybe 2 years or 3 so yeah! I cant wait for it too! By then I will quit FFXI and just go the that one.

Posted: June 10th, 2007, 3:30 pm

syztem
syztem's Reps:
this thread died a month ago

Posted: June 10th, 2007, 5:16 pm

vaxthemonk

Total Posts: 379
vaxthemonk's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
syztem (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
this thread died a month ago

Try three months ago lol... +1ftw

Posted: August 12th, 2007, 8:50 am

irleetman1
irleetman1's Reps:
I still play FFXI and I have been on and off for a few years...I played WoW for about 6 months but i got really tired of doing stupid instances so i came back to FFXI when the prices of stuff was finally down.(One of the reasons i quit was because of inflation) I dont think this game will "die" but i do think it will lose a lot of members to the new MMORPG but either way SE makes money so i guess it doesnt matter to them.

Posted: August 15th, 2007, 10:19 am

mmiller40
mmiller40's Reps:
Not dead.. New expansion coming out soon.

Posted: August 15th, 2007, 12:35 pm

tault_lildemon2445
tault_lildemon2445's Reps:
mmiller40 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Not dead.. New expansion coming out soon.

just because a new expansions coming out dosent mean its not dead lol this game will be gone in a year, if longer then i will be very suprised.

i quit just becasue i heard they were coming out with a new expansion, just makes it seem like more work to be done {No, Thanks!}

Posted: September 28th, 2007, 9:42 am

km0207
km0207's Reps:
not sure that,but i think this game will dwindle..like they said.

Posted: September 28th, 2007, 5:45 pm

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
This game isn't go to die within the next 10 years, and I would bet on it...

As long as SE is making ANY profit off this game at all, the servers will be up and running. Once they start losing money, then it will die. But I would seriously bet a LOT of money that this game won't die within the next 10 years...

The rate of people joining and leaving the game fluctuates greatly from year to year, so for all you know it could suddenly boom and thrive in population like it used to... But then on the other hand, I have extremely bad karma, so odds are it's going to blow up in my face and I'll be proven wrong and laughed at.... But hey, we won't know till it happens.

But if you do the math, you could roughly figure out how many players there are on every server (it would be an EXTREMELY crude estimate, but it's a step in the right direction).

Let's say...

Total number of players on your server (guess roughly, should be anywhere from 3,000-5,000) = n

Total amount of servers = s

Total number of players on every server (estimate) = x

And since we want to find a rough estimate of how many people still play this game (not religiously, just in total) we would do the following math:

n * s = x

n ~ 4,000 On My Server.

s = 32

x = n*s = 4000*32 = 128,000

So the estimate I'm getting is a total of 128,000 people (NA/JP/GA/FR/SP/Whatever)

The 4000 people I got was a total of all the players on the server including those from every race and every time of the day (NA Time and JP Time so to speak).

Once again, this is a VERY crude estimate, so don't kill me if it's like 10,000 people off... But since the math is correct, this should be close...

Note: * = Multiplication Sign On a Computer.
Note: ~ = Approximately Equal To.

Posted: September 28th, 2007, 10:11 pm

aozora

Total Posts: 195
aozora's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
i laughed at the flyff statement on the first page.. because flyff just killed itself by forcing everyone into open PVP

Posted: November 16th, 2007, 11:17 pm

mrgaymario
mrgaymario's Reps:
FFXI died for me awhile back lol but I don't remember why exactly. Maybe it was the whole DRG never gets invite BS or the fact that this game was only about grinding and farming, which simply just gets boring...
I really lost any desire to play this game when I realized that spending 8 hours to level after 8 hours lfp just really sucked. The fights were all hours and hours of the same thing. Pull->voke->kill sure you had to do your 3 or 4 macro'd skills every few minutes or if you were healing fix everyone up, but it is such a repetitive game.
I also thought it was really lame that quests were almost impossible to solo and the rewards were always lame. No gil no neat equipment no exp. The only quests worth while were ones to get spells but some of them were such a pain you ended up buying it on the AH instead. Another really lame thing was that you had to level multiple jobs depending on your main. A subjob for your main and a subjob for that when you were leveling it and you had to have equipment for all of that which meant more farming which meant hours of your time not doing what you really want to do which is grind because it's so much better than farming and that's about time you realize grinding sucks I hope to God there is actually stuff to do at high level which there really isn't for some jobs because some jobs just aren't wanted on some servers (cough*DRG*cough) I can just keep going about this games flaws. It was a fun game though for awhile kinda maybe not really.
That's just my experience :D

Posted: January 4th, 2008, 8:00 am

evangile
evangile's Reps:
well man check its easy to check if ffxi die
type /sea all
at this time it have 3000 dude online and its EU time playing
so lot more during JP/US time.

last of all when ffxi will died and no peaple will be in server
square enix will start reduce the number of server for gather player
(wich is far to happen).
so yeah none is in bastok sandy cuz its now noob area
higth level play other place than that .

so ffxi is the same succes than when i start just the word is bigger
peaple have nothing to do in bastok! and are all with there shell farming hnm or higth level stuff!

ffxi is long life again^^
and for peaple say its too long its too boring
just you should not play mmorp maybe??
more that long more that hard and more that good thats low of every mmorpg^^

Posted: January 4th, 2008, 12:16 pm

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
As long as SE is getting ANY profit off of FFXI, it will not be shut down.

End of story.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online