taultunleashed logoHey Guys I just started FFXI i really enjoy it but need Help : FFXI General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

Hey Guys I just started FFXI i really enjoy it but need Help : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: May 1st, 2004, 6:58 am

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I just started i play on Odin. I made a Black Mage lvl 6 right now. But i have no clue how to lvl what to buy etc etc.. Right now it takes ages to level and i die alot T.T i must be doing some thing wrong. I would really like to know more about what I should do. Also best way for me to make money at my level i seem kind of gimp with that lol.. ( Sandoria )

Last edited by Tault_Tault Community on May 2nd, 2004, 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: May 1st, 2004, 10:09 am

tault_kioto
tault_kioto's Reps:
What city are you in? Windurst, Bastok or Sandoria?
It would be much easier if you get me that info.

Posted: May 1st, 2004, 4:14 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
hmmm... the best way to earn money at low levels would be to kill stuff which drops exp. crystals. e.g. fire, wind, dark, light.

Just grab what u c as decent challege and u shudn't have a problem. If u can afford, get some mithkabobs and u can kill even match and sometimes tough.

Posted: May 2nd, 2004, 3:16 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
If you are in Windurst, I'd recomend hanging around the Eastern Ruins from lvl 7 - 9. You can pick up a lot of fire crystals and wild onions there, which can earn you some decent gil. The goblins also drop gil. Even after you reach lvl 9 it's still not a bad place to go for gil, but EXP gets horrible. I find it better to use a melee character there, as there will be less downtime, but I took my BLM there quiet a bit too. Don't go behind the cracked walls until you've leveled some. It's ok to do the first mission, but otherwise don't wander too far.

From lvl 10 or 11 - 13 join a party and hunt Maze Makers at the Maze. I prefered an all mage party here. Just watch out for goblins and bats. Don't wander too deep either.

From lvl 13 - 20 Valkrum Dunes is a nice place. You need to come here to get a subjob anyway, so you might as well start collecting the items long before lvl 18 when you will actually need them. Snippets are good to start out with. By lvl 15 -17 you should also go after goblins and flies. lvl 17 -20 go after Pugs too. You'll definitely need a well balanced party here.

You should also craft for some gil. It will take pretty much all your gil to lvl a craft and stay well equiped, but it's worth it in the end. Fishing and cooking are the cheapest to get started with. You will also want to keep a stock of hardboiled and softboiled eggs so cooking will definitely save you some money here.

It also helps to make friends who are trying to lvl a different craft than you. I give one friend all my eggs and enough fire crystals to keep my hardboiled egg supply up; she's more than happy to do this for me because it's a free way for her to lvl her cooking.

As for equipment, focus mainly on spells and the best armor you can afford. Once you start partying, you will usually only need your weapon for stat enhancement, not damage. I'm still using an Ash Pole +1 at lvl 18 for my BLM and intend to do so for a while yet.

Posted: May 3rd, 2004, 12:44 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Yep I agree with ootsanati for the most part. LVL up around eastern ruins until say... LV 10 and then I would recommend valkurm dunes. I know that might sound a bit low; but I have lvled all of my "mage" characters in Valkurm starting at that LVL. Since Mages are in high demand you should have no problem finding a party there. For a melee job, however, things are a lil different. I usually have to wait until LV 12 or so when I LVL up any of my melee classes. Oh and after LV 19-20 go to qufim island ^^.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online