taultunleashed logohow to search CTS memory pointer via artmoney? : FFXI General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 11 posts ] 
blue large dot

how to search CTS memory pointer via artmoney? : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: April 19th, 2007, 7:08 pm

ahdum2k
ahdum2k's Reps:
hello, i'm found that the CTS pointer is probably outdated,
instead of asking for another offset. i'm working on getting offset on my own using artmoney.

however, can u giv me some instrstions of wat value to search and filter for..
or at least let me know wat the POINTER_SELECTED_ITEMCOUNT does??

Thanks a lot.

Posted: March 12th, 2008, 8:30 am

tubotzz

Total Posts: 213
tubotzz's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
Even though people were talking about doing this in the CTS thread. I looked through all 22 pages of it and no detailed instructions were ever given.

Admittingly I'm a complete noob at this but here's what I was able to do.

Following the somewhat broken english instructions in the Artmoney help file, I was able to locate the memory address for itemcount.

When I searched the pointer for that address I got 0 results. Searching the range yielded about 67000 results. Logging in and out I was able to somehow squeeze that range down to 267 pointers. However those pointer values all changed as my itemcount in the game changed. I'm not sure if I pressed the wrong command too soon but I was unable to narrow down that list of 267 any further.

I have no idea where to go from here as I think the-

var POINTER_SELECTED_ITEMCOUNT = 0x(insert 6 digit hexadecimal number here) <----- [how you get this is beyond me].

requires some kind of calculation using tools I don't have or don't know how to use properly.

Checking the rather cryptic posts on the topic I think it has something to do with your base address (no idea how to find that or where to start) minus the itemcount address. Only a small handful of people may be able to help with this such as blakmarket or Kagetsu as they've provided these values in the past...

If anyone knows anything please respond! It would be helpful to know that I'm on the right track or really off base.

Posted: March 12th, 2008, 1:50 pm

pyrolol

Total Posts: 795
pyrolol's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Well. You can try narrowing the default range.

An offset is relative to the base address of ffximain.dll. It's where the module starts in memory. Artmoney doesn't provide an easy way of finding it (try Cheat Engine); it will usually be something like 0x0***0000. Also, it will begin with "MZ" in the string view. Having said that, the program attached to this post (own risk, scan it etc etc; been sitting on my hdd for years.) will do it for you.

Memloc = Offset + Base Address.

Offsets do not change. Base addresses (and therefore memlocs) do.

You may have to trace back a pointer chain. When you find the itemcount's address, search for pointers that point somewhere in the range ic_adr - 0x100 to ic_adr, increasing that until you get stuff. You want to find a pointer with an offset that does not change.

Unfortunately, I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but this will probably not work. Since you say there is no direct pointer, an additional offset is needed - between the pointer target and the itemcount. While these offsets change much less often, they do still change (eg any old bot using NPCMAP will no longer work for this reason). So much time has passed that I would not be at all surprised if this has happened here, and the bot's source code will need to be modified.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: March 12th, 2008, 1:54 pm

tubotzz

Active User > 50 Posts
Thanks for the help, I'll see what I can come up with

Posted: March 13th, 2008, 7:09 am

blakmarket

Total Posts: 257
blakmarket's Reps: 0
Million Dollar Member
premium
Ok new kids on the block ... Step by Step....

Step one, We can have lots of fun
Step two, Theres so much we can do
Step three, Its just you and me
Step four, I can give you more
Step five, Dont you know the time has arrived

Bad joke lol ok to the real thing.

1.- First fire up ffxi lets assume you are using windower....

2.- Next open art money, on the select process combo box find the one with your character name (Assuming again windower)

3.- Now go to your character and select a crystal, any crystal, then move down to an stackable item, any item, now you are on the part where you have to choose the quantity of the item to synt so lets put 4

4.- Now go to art money and click search, search > Exact Value, Value = 4, Type click on the ... button and select Integer 1 byte only, address range ALL and hit OK, on the left side you are going to get a lot of addresses,

5.- Go back to the character and move the amount of the item lets say to 6.

6.- Back on artmoney click on filter and put value = 6 hit ok,

Repeat steps 5 and 6 changing the selected item on the game and filtering until you are left with 1 address max 3 its ok.

7.- Now that you are left with one address only its time to find the pointer, the memloc you get can vary every time you fire up ffxi so if we restart i will get another memloc and so on, i got the 0AACEC73 (you could get another number) now fire calc on windows and convert that value to decimal its 179104883 (remembers yours could be anohter).

8.- On art money go to Edit -> More -> Search -> Search the pointer to this adress

9.- On the search box mark range, now you have adress >= (Here put the decimal value minus 100 units) <here>= 179104783 <= 179104883, hit ok.

10.- You will get a list of pointers with a + ?? number, if you remember the line on CTS says:
(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
var POINTER_SELECTED_ITEMCOUNT_OFFSET = 35;
so we search for the pointer saying XXXXX Adress +35 and should be one similiar to the historic values we had on the ffxiservice.js file, because what really happened its that update moved the values from place but not too far, so i got on art money that 049FCDB4 Points to the memloc containing the item count value.

11.- Now i fire up my FFXI Offset Maker and put this value on memory address and hit calculate it will return the offset 4CCDB4.

12.- Now ill go to FFXISERVICE.JS and put this line:
(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
var POINTER_SELECTED_ITEMCOUNT = 0x004CCDB4

Thats all... piece of cake ^^ i hope this will help, thest the pointer i hope i got the rigth one...

Regards

Edit: i attached the offset maker i made in vb so you can calc your offsets...

Regards.

Edit: i attached the offset maker i made in vb so you can calc your offsets...

Regards.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: March 13th, 2008, 11:38 am

tubotzz

Active User > 50 Posts
Thanks a bunch Blakmarket. I got up to step 7 but was unable to resolve the issue from there. This clears it up immensely :D

You got the right stuff... baby...
love the way you showed me this :P

Posted: March 13th, 2008, 12:15 pm

pyrolol

Active User > 50 Posts
Decimal value minus 256 units you mean, if you're taking it from what I suggested.

Posted: March 22nd, 2008, 3:20 am

mrsapro
mrsapro's Reps:
ADMIN EDIT USER BANNED FOR POSTING A TROJAN SITE

Posted: March 23rd, 2008, 5:03 am

tubotzz

Active User > 50 Posts
mrsapro (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
ADMIN EDIT USER BANNED FOR POSTING A TROJAN SITE

What's this site for? Looks designed to steal accounts if you ask me....

Posted: March 23rd, 2008, 9:52 am

pyrolol

Active User > 50 Posts
It's probably perfectly safe. Just choose a unique password.

Posted: March 23rd, 2008, 1:13 pm

blakmarket

Total Posts: 257
blakmarket's Reps: 0
Million Dollar Member
premium
lol yup thats the thing i registered and used a unique password, no email ever was sent to me to confirm so i think its for stealing passwords

Regards...

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online