blue large dot

hunting nm's : FFXI General Discussions - Page 2

Posted: May 28th, 2004, 9:02 am

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
<.< I think a NM bot -can- be written, but it's really not worth it. All monsters have a lot of spawn points, but it's just random which one they can go to. So if you just pick a spot and run a bot, you might be able to get it if you had some kind of detection of when it spawned. But you'd have to know exactly where it spawns.

If you disagree with me, great, fine, that's cool. I just ask that you don't flame me for my thoughts.

Posted: May 28th, 2004, 3:43 pm

tault_kioto
tault_kioto's Reps:
not trying to flame, but its quite hard to impossible to do it and i'll try explaining AGAIN.

Most ways to detect anything in the active window is by using PIXEL detection, now imagine coding every pixel in the screen for 1 still spot and having it check every pixel by whatever its to look for. that being said its IMPOSSIBLE to hunt valkrum emperor and leaping lizzy.

Other way i have seen is by a log file and precise timing on same spot which ffxi doesnt offer since you you can log files but its not live and it would be hard to decrypt the log file in a log macro program.

As little as i know i have an idea of how it could ever be done, but its not worth the time to do it, which is over years of development.
IF you have any other methods you dont have to give it away just gve an example. and i'll take back whatever i have ever said about this subject.

Posted: May 28th, 2004, 6:17 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
And thus I said the following

"It's not worth it".

Posted: May 28th, 2004, 9:24 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
...hmm good points takin from both views...for the people who don't understand this portion of the forum...let me brake it down..

1- the man who sits in a hot little room to make an NM bot is a loser

2- The person that believes that someone has actually done it...and got away with it...need to join him and help make the NM bot 8)

3- Point blank its a waste of time

NO CURSING ON THE FFXI FORUMS!

Posted: May 28th, 2004, 11:10 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
well.. actually, a provoke bot will also be fine. if there is one tho... some NMs have just one spawn point. Usually campers just keep spaming thier voke marcos. E.g. argus in shakarami maze.

Posted: May 29th, 2004, 4:27 am

tault_kioto
tault_kioto's Reps:
yeah, but we arent talking about the argus, of the nm at qufim tower, we are talking about leapin lizzy and emperor.

Posted: May 29th, 2004, 5:15 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
^^; an alternative ^^.

Posted: May 29th, 2004, 7:01 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
<.< When I posted it, a provoke bot was what I had in mind. I also had in mind NM in general, not just Leaping Lizzy or the Valkurm Emporer. There's some NM in Castle Oztroja that there was someone with a provoke bot or something that when it spawned, he'd just provoke it before anyone else could.

I guess the random spawn point ones was a bit far fetched <.< Sorry.

Posted: May 29th, 2004, 7:28 am

tault_kioto
tault_kioto's Reps:
SetActiveWindow FFXiApp
Delay 90000
Loop 100
KeyDown @1 1
End

put that in ac tools and make the CTRL 1 and ALT 1 ingame a provoke job ability, such as provoke or chiblast or whatever, and everytime you hold down alt or ctrl it will auto voke.
maybe thats what your lookin for.

Posted: June 1st, 2004, 11:31 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
HAHAHA! Those "bot" screenshots up there are the lamest attempt ever to pull a scam. It's not possible to create such a bot. A program is not able to extract information about where the next NM is going to spawn on the map and then autorun/whatever your character over to it and pull + kill it. That is not possible unless FFXI developers implement a function that provides the 3rd party application with the exact location of the NM spawn. Those screenshots.. Anyone with newbie VB/Java etc. knowledge can code a window with those boxes and dropdown menus etc. Lame, lame, lame ..

- dekar

----------------------------------
WAR30/DRK15/MNK15/RDM05

"Dekar" @ Seraph server.

-= NorthernHeroes // Seraph's ONLY 100% nordic linkshell =-

Posted: June 1st, 2004, 12:28 pm

tault_kioto
tault_kioto's Reps:
My Thoughts exacly.

Posted: June 1st, 2004, 8:19 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
i said tt too after tt post. lol~

Posted: June 2nd, 2004, 4:16 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Well, you could make something like whats done in ragnarok and ultima online, would just take some time to break they encrytion and analyse the packets. Yes it would require alot of time... but people like me like to spend alot of time trying to make such things. I spent days collecting and analysing packets for Ragnarokonline, the thing with RO was that it was unencrypted in the start and many people could join and share their info, later on they added a encryption which was broken very fast (cuz it was lame). The resault was bots that could do anything the client could, they knew where they could walk because they read the data files which the client had for the maps, and set up waypoints automaticly so it could walk betwen maps.

But making a nm camping bot wouldnt take to long,
1 break the encryption, and be able to logon your char
2 find the packets which tells where and which mosnters that are close are and are walking to
3 find the packets that you send to walk(then you set up waypoints to patrol the area where the monster can spawn)
4 attack

Making such thing would surly make you better in the programing language your using.

Last edited by Tault_Tault Community on June 2nd, 2004, 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: June 2nd, 2004, 4:24 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
[quote="blackjakal"]...hmm good points takin from both views...for the people who don't understand this portion of the forum...let me brake it down..

1- the man who sits in a hot little room to make an NM bot is a loser

2- The person that believes that someone has actually done it...and got away with it...need to join him and help make the NM bot 8)

3- Point blank its a waste of time

NO CURSING ON THE FFXI FORUMS![/quote]

You forgot something.... EBAY!, after making such thing you can earn tons of Gill, which you can sell on ebay and earn $$ for the time you used to develop it, and more. Learing\boting mmorpgs are great ways of getting irl $$

Posted: July 5th, 2004, 6:09 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I have and will continue to speak with jpn players who are botters with not only vokebots but NM timers you are fools if you think this is an impossible feat in th beginning it was merely improbable now it is as easy as tieing your shoes if you have even a basic knowledge of programming...

YOUR GOD HAS ARRIVED!!!!

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online