taultunleashed logoI would like to know just one little piece of information... : FFXI General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

I would like to know just one little piece of information... : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: March 15th, 2008, 9:09 am

raxiaz
raxiaz's Reps:
(This kind of topic can go here, right? Or does it go somewhere in macro/exploit/bot discussions?? I'm still new here :))

The absolute only way to get caught using a bot that automatically does something for you is to go away from your computer for a long time, while it does the work, right? Kind of like how they try to find out bot fishers - sending them a /tell asking them whether or not they're there, or if they could "please stop fishing for a moment." I heard that's what happened to one guy - thankfully he was able to respond and stop fishing - and I was wondering if that's what it's like for other bots?

You know, like the bots that aren't -that- pronounced. Kind of like appearing at the mob already claiming it, that's pretty easy to spot, right?

So yeah, summary: What are ways to get caught using a bot?

Posted: March 15th, 2008, 9:46 am

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
Like you said, the most common way to get caught and banned is to go AFK from your character. That puts you in the most danger.

But, unfortunately, that's not the only way.

It is pretty easy to tell the difference between a normal player and a botter by watching their behavior:

1) Let's say you're using an NM claiming bot. You stand in the same spot for a REALLY long time, and as soon as the mob spawns, you run to it and claim it. Solution: don't stand still.

2) Let's say you told a friend you bot, they went to tell on you to a GM. Solution: don't tell ANYONE; friend or not.

3) Let's say you're fishing for a REALLY long time. GM notices you, goes through all the steps, blah blah, you get caught and banned. Solution: 1. Do NOT under any circumstances ever go AFK. 2. Look as normal as you can (IE. wear equip, linkshell, etc.). 3. Move around every once in a while.

Those are pretty much the basic ways of getting caught. It relies mostly on your attention span lol

Posted: March 15th, 2008, 9:53 am

pyrolol

Total Posts: 795
pyrolol's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Imagine you were someone else. Would you notice your character behaving strangely?

Posted: March 15th, 2008, 10:19 am

waitinginshadow

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Posted: March 15th, 2008, 1:28 pm

raxiaz
raxiaz's Reps:
Well, for fishing, I stay unanon. But I'm a level 75 WHM so I'm scared of getting asked for teleports or raises or whatnot. So... I just respond to them and tell them the old-fashioned {I'm sorry, I'm busy now.} response.

I can't say I can really relate to #1, since I don't use NM claiming tools (but I wouldn't hesitate in knowing when an NM is about to pop or where it's about to pop). I don't want a full-fledged claim NM bot though.

#2 is kind of a duh thing, even people who use the unofficial windower (like me) know about that one.

Thanks for your response. :)

Posted: March 15th, 2008, 5:57 pm

waitinginshadow

Np lol

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online