taultunleashed logoLu Shang : FFXI General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 9 posts ] 
blue large dot

Lu Shang : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: January 12th, 2008, 8:47 am

jarf
jarf's Reps:
So I just got Lu Shang's Rod yesterday... it appears i have finally fished up ten thousand freaking moat carps in north sandy. Unfortunately, I never really thought I would actually reach my goal and have no idea where to go from here. I'm @ 56 fishing, any suggestions?

Posted: January 12th, 2008, 10:12 am

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
Hahahahahahahaha, that reminds me of when I got my first 75. It was cool for like a day, and then I was all, "Wtf do I do now?! God damn it!!!" lol

Raise the skill some more and make some $$$?

Posted: January 12th, 2008, 10:53 am

jarf
jarf's Reps:
I was thinking about that... I remember reading a post saying you can't level up on a fish 30 or more levels above your skill (unsure if this is accurate information). My first thought was fishing in port jueno for sole to skill up but if they cap @ 96 and the 30 level thing is true then I can't skill on them.

Posted: January 15th, 2008, 2:35 pm

aozora

Total Posts: 195
aozora's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
search the forums for a "where to fish" guide. i wouldnt do soles until 80+ or else your catch rate will be horrendous and your fatigue will kick in 2 times sooner.
i started out at about 80 something and had about a 15% catch rate on soles, now im 95.3 and get about 32%. its the diffrence between 15 hours to get all 200, and 7ish hours. also now i noticed they are significantly easier to reel in

Posted: January 15th, 2008, 6:42 pm

tubotzz

Total Posts: 213
tubotzz's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
jarf (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I was thinking about that... I remember reading a post saying you can't level up on a fish 30 or more levels above your skill (unsure if this is accurate information). My first thought was fishing in port jueno for sole to skill up but if they cap @ 96 and the 30 level thing is true then I can't skill on them.

It's not true. You'll get skill-ups fishing Black Sole in Port Jeuno.

Posted: January 17th, 2008, 11:00 am

jarf
jarf's Reps:
I decided to go fly lure/ crescent fish. I'm not really catching much other than monsters and rusty's but at least I don't have to run my guy to town and back every day. I think I'll try some qufim fishing once I cap on the crescents.

Posted: January 17th, 2008, 1:36 pm

vaxthemonk

Total Posts: 379
vaxthemonk's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
You could totally start working on ebisu :D

Posted: January 19th, 2008, 1:29 am

mr_seer

Total Posts: 14
mr_seer's Reps: 0
talacca cove with shrimp lure will get you into the 90ies with ease :3

Posted: January 19th, 2008, 1:46 pm

jarf
jarf's Reps:
From what I've read, the thing that makes ebisu better than Lu Shang's is the fact that Ebisu is really unbreakable. If I can only break my Lu Shang's fishing up legendary fish on the boat, then the only reason to fish on the boat is for the ebisu... kind of silly logic to me. I guess if I really need the money some day, I'll just get ebisu to sell my Lu Shang's.

If there's some other advantage or Lu Shang's can break elsewhere, please enlighten me.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online