taultunleashed logoMaking Gil (is there a best way) : FFXI General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 17 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Making Gil (is there a best way) : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: August 21st, 2007, 5:28 pm

jinjinx
jinjinx's Reps:
I know there are a lot of ways to make gil in the game, but are there any ways that can be considered the "best"

Posted: August 21st, 2007, 5:32 pm

vaxthemonk

Total Posts: 379
vaxthemonk's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Goldsmithing 100 lol.

Posted: August 21st, 2007, 6:33 pm

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
Vax, that's not even funny.....

And no, there are no "best" methods because of a few reasons:

1. Economy inflates and deflates by the minute.

2. Server prices aren't the same.

3. Many methods are kept private as to prevent them from being over-taken by other players and ruining their profit.

Those are just some reasons, but there are many others...

Here's a really good way to make money, and all it requires is a WHM at 36...

Just become a tele-whore. Without the bot you can make roughly 100k an hour if you're good. With the bot you could make 150-200k if you're lucky...

One way is fishing, another is gardening...

Or if you have a level 75, trick your merit party into going to Nyzule Isle Staging Point > Caedarva Mire and kill Soulyflayers... They drop some nice Soulflayer Staff and Soulflayer Robe on a 50% drop rate and sell for roughly 20k per piece on my server.... They're tough to kill though, so make sure you got a half-decent tank and a good healer.

Posted: October 29th, 2007, 10:19 pm

unrealdj813
unrealdj813's Reps:
Promies and ... Promies.
I personally pick Holla, why?

1. each recollection at holla can be turned into an anima (on my server hystero and pyscho run about 8-10k) and these drop really fast.
So 8 to 10k a recollction drop. about 15 drops in one hour solo without /thf as a blu/nin. P.S. Signet helps TONS here now with the eva def bonus. as a blu you dont need to cast dmg spells, just wild carrot when u need and continue killing with swords and kabobs.
(out of the memories that drop, only somber is worth stacking and selling on most servers)

2. While the above is nice to keep regular xp going with good food tools drinks and gradually rise gil total, the best reason to come here is also the tons of B seals you get. they're all EP's.

3. well u get xp too lol.

so I dont know many places you can get 8-10k each drop x15 in one hour(Solo), beastmen seals to do bcnms and lots of them(i got pcc on 2nd run, thanks promy holla), and a little xp bonus all at the same time.
I did this everyday for a week for at least 40 minutes and made 400k threw recollections and 1.8m from pcc bcnm cause of the seals i got.
I've played ff for 5 years, and its hard to say anything is way better then doing this. Beside crafting that is. (I hate crafting though so here it is for the non crafters) try it before you knock it with signet and attack food, it pays for itself in 3 minutes anyway.
(saying bcnm doesnt count, this is part of that)

P.S. about recollections, you simply have to put the 2 animas u have up on the AH(dont have to sell just be up for sale) or send them to yourself in delivery box (or mule) to recieve 2 more from the npc in ru lude(Come back after sorting your inventory message). little time consuming, worth it.

part 2

short and simple
if you dont like doing the above get a strong team together to do assaults every 3 days and use the points to buy sellable gear.

peazzzz

Posted: October 30th, 2007, 3:33 am

waitinginshadow

I'm sorry Unreal, I'm going to have to say that's not true...

There is absolutely NO way you could get 15 by going back and forth between Ru'Lude and Promie zones and still manage more than 3-4 an hour.

2. AND not to mention, Animas on NO server are worth 8-10k!! That's outrageous! Not to mention the 2k you need to pay in order to get an anima from the Ru'lude NPC!

3. While they may be EP, they're grouped together, and it's hard to continuously pull EPs without linking another mob. So this is pretty much a total and complete lie, even if you somehow found out how to magically equip Shade Gear +1 on a BLU! >.>;;

No, I'm not insulting you, but when you put a little mini-guide out, make sure it's accurate and not a lie, and maybe you won't have me telling everyone it's fake.

Posted: October 30th, 2007, 6:18 pm

unrealdj813
unrealdj813's Reps:
Prove me wrong before you say "I'm sorry im gonna have to say its not true" When I offer factual information and someone has a problem with that cause they "ZOMG WHY DID YOU SAY THAT" cause they're scared people on their server will read and jump on it, it's pathetic.

Actually me and my wife BOTH get 10-15 each !@#$%^&* and its called making room in your inventory, do you even know what a gobbie bag is? we load up once in a day and call it a day. It's called FARMING, you think people go out and have 47/50 on their inventory when farming? lolmoron.

RE: 2. Lol at animas on NO server are worth 8-10k. Are you fkin retarded, another ignorant statement, do your research before you comment. I'm on valefor and hystero was bouncing between 11k and 12k 2 weeks ago, and now its 9k-10k. Ignorant !@#$%^&*. and if you have to pay 2k so the !@#$%^&* what, so you get 2k less profit out of 10k, o no 8k a drop whatever shall I do. I posted exactly what is done with no alterations of the truth. If you personally farm this and I just rained on your parade by telling people about it too !@#$%^&* bad. I share my findings not hide them. It's a game not real money, get over it.

RE: 3. If your too noob to get around them being grouped then dont do it I've had one link there all week from a repop, with my NPC me and my wife clear the whole bottom floor before any even repop, dont be ignorant. And you don even need shade gear though it helps, and adding that statement about using a +1 makes you look more ignorant.

Um its not !@#$%^&* fake cause I do it now, how are you going to tell someone its fake when they are currently doing it(obviously not a lie) and when you never done it yourself. IM SITTING HERE DOING IT! And it works just like I posted. I'm tired of all these new people on ffxi with big mouths and no skill compared to the people that used to crowd the servers but somehow have rank 10 and a 75 job, add !@#$%^&* above me to that list.

Posted: October 31st, 2007, 11:54 am

waitinginshadow

Ignorant.... Word with 3 syllables. Does that make you feel smart when you repeat that word multiple times throughout a worthless, harassing post? I hope it did, because that was honestly the biggest waste of time for me to read, and the biggest way to defend a lie so far on this site. I gotta give you credit for continuity and standing up for yourself, even when you're completely wrong and obviously lying.

As for your comment about "new people on FFXI." I've been playing this game since before you even heard about it, so don't go telling me I don't know what I'm talking about.

And stop harassing people with your nonsense. It's useless and annoying and all you're accomplishing is wasting your breathe. I'm waiting for the admin to edit that post of yours...

And about the "+1" statement, you obviously don't know what Shade Gear is or does. Here's a link for you: www.ffxiclopedia.org Go look it up before you call me ignorant.

And dropping the curses every 10 seconds... Wow, someone needs to have their mouth washed out with soap.... Do you kiss your mom with that mouth? 'Cuz if you did, she'd smack you for all the crap that's coming out of it.

Posted: October 31st, 2007, 7:53 pm

kourath

Total Posts: 1979
kourath's Reps: 23
Active User > 50 Posts
@unrealdj813

Learn to argue because you suck at it. In fact, from what I've seen so far you suck at everything. I recommend suicide.

EDIT MY POST BECAUSE IM BEING "TOO BLUNT"/"A JACKASS"/"INCONSIDERATE OF OTHER'S FEELINGS". I hate how we have to play fair here. Why is this forum being censored into a fairy-tale where no ones feelings get hurt? I wish more people would call me out on my crap and call me a jackass, maybe then this forum wouldnt be so damn boring all the time.

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: November 1st, 2007, 6:44 pm

vaxthemonk

Total Posts: 379
vaxthemonk's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))
Kourath = JACKASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Please tell me someone gets this joke)

Highlight: Happy Gilmore, duh! "YOU WILL NOT MAKE THIS PUT! JACKASS!!"

Last edited by vaxthemonk on November 4th, 2007, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: November 2nd, 2007, 3:25 am

waitinginshadow

LMAO VAX... Oh man, I got that as soon as I saw the picture lmao... But technically it's not a pun... But once again, we know what you mean...

But Kourath, we love you.... ; ;

Posted: November 2nd, 2007, 7:25 am

kourath

Active User > 50 Posts
<3 to both of you :)

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: November 2nd, 2007, 10:56 am

waitinginshadow

Awwwz, how sweet :)

Posted: November 3rd, 2007, 1:05 pm

kourath

Active User > 50 Posts
WOW im surprised my comment hasnt been edited yet.

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: November 3rd, 2007, 1:58 pm

hbjjthegame
hbjjthegame's Reps:
That would require one of the mods actually coming to the FFXI forums :mrgreen:

Posted: November 4th, 2007, 10:31 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Yea and we never read every post. That would just be crazy. Its not out of lines just yet. Its being watched.

PS hbjjthegame i see and know all.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online