taultunleashed logoNew type of /tells : FFXI General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 15 posts ] 
blue large dot

New type of /tells : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: December 1st, 2007, 3:56 am

_drohk_
_drohk_'s Reps:
They have been around, I just never realized that they were tells. I have talked about it as well as a few other people on the board. This is about the "GM Whoever, Are you using 3rd Party Tools" question box that appears and also says "Yes, No, and Afk" Well I accidentally passed out while fish botting and I woke up to this question with my bot paused. I wasn't moved, I didn't receive any "normal" tells, the pink colored text ones, and most importantly I wasn't in the judgment room. After I checked everything out, I click "No" to the question and it popped up 2-3 times and it gave me this error, "GM Whoever did not receive your tell, the player is either offline or changing areas" I don't know what order everything happened in, in the time frame that I was asleep, but hopefully I don't get questioned anymore and I just sink under their radar.

Posted: December 1st, 2007, 6:26 am

jarf
jarf's Reps:
It's probably just the /poll command or whatever that you use to vote on stuff with. Most people are unaware that they can make their party vote on stuff... I'd say a GM could use this feature whether he is in your party or not.

Posted: December 1st, 2007, 7:31 am

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
Jarf, no offense, but that has absolutely nothing to do with what he said.

First off, with a /propose, you need to type /vote # to answer.

Secondly, /propose is in the chat box.

What he's talking about is POPPING UP LIKE AN EXTRA WINDOW! As for detecting that, I'm sure there's a way to do it, but I don't know how to. Maybe this is something that a good programmer can work on. It would prevent a lot of bansticks.

Posted: December 1st, 2007, 7:35 am

jarf
jarf's Reps:
I haven't been caught cheating since I used POS to warp to HNMs... sorry about the lack of understanding. Since there are ways to read window titles, I'm sure it's not too hard to detect for someone experienced.

Posted: December 1st, 2007, 7:38 am

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
It actually might be, since I'm pretty sure what he's talking about is NOT in the ChatAPI, so it'd be pretty tough for someone to figure out what it's listed as and then right a code that can read from it.

Posted: December 1st, 2007, 9:14 am

kourath

Total Posts: 1979
kourath's Reps: 23
Active User > 50 Posts
learn ASM and go in and change parts of the disassembled exe to return "No" every time. Foolproof.

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: December 1st, 2007, 10:50 am

_drohk_
_drohk_'s Reps:
And I'd like to add, the answers change after every window that pops up

Ex. First window will be "yes, no, afk" choices, the second one that pops up "no, yes, afk" and so on, ON top of that, they can ask more than one question, so it may vary to "Are you afk?" or bluntly "Are you here?"

If I could program I'd try to do something, but I can hardly under stand basic java, just haven't taken the time to sit down and learn it. I also have 3 huge books on C++ code and how to learn it, and each book is at least 800 pages long. This intimidates me and I haven't gotten around to looking at 'em. :(

Posted: December 1st, 2007, 11:09 am

aozora

Total Posts: 195
aozora's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
this is a troublesome thing to try because there is no way to reproduce the box. you would have to be obviously botting and risk your account to get the message and do whatever the programmer needs to do to get the bot to recognize the bot. then you would have to do it again to test it out, eventually you'll be flagged and they'll start watching you

Posted: December 2nd, 2007, 5:43 am

pyrolol

Total Posts: 795
pyrolol's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
It shouldn't be *that* much of a risk. One or two boxes should be enough. What you would probably want to do is save an image of FFXI's memory when it comes up; or use a packet sniffer (but that's harder I think).

Posted: December 2nd, 2007, 9:59 am

aozora

Active User > 50 Posts
the best way i think to do it is have a friend report you so you know theres a GM on the way. if you leave it up to chance you could possibly be just sent right to jail. its unlikely, but depending on how obvious youre botting it could happen

Posted: December 2nd, 2007, 10:13 am

pyrolol

Total Posts: 795
pyrolol's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Fair point; although to an extent this is fairly irrelevant as far as I'm concerned; I disagree with people botting when they can't see the game, so if you want someone to actually do this you'll have to look elsewhere I'm afraid.

Posted: December 2nd, 2007, 10:47 am

_drohk_
_drohk_'s Reps:
Yeah, I did some tests, and it takes around 6 hours to pull up 200 Black Sole and completely deplete stamina. So I would wake up for school, set it up and let it run, and by time I got home, I would have 200 black sole in my inventory.

Also if I get another one of those pop-up /tell's I will def. take a screen shot, I don't know why I haven't, probably 'cause I get freaked out when it happens and I don't think straight. XD

I I'm not putting you down, but saying you disagree with what bots are made for, on a botting and hacking website, really doesn't mean a lot.

Posted: December 2nd, 2007, 10:57 am

aozora

Active User > 50 Posts
hmm i have 89 fishing skill and it took me about 9 hours to pull in 160 soles and most of that time was new moon. i cant seem to get more than 30% bite rate with a sinking minnow

Posted: December 2nd, 2007, 3:20 pm

_drohk_
_drohk_'s Reps:
I have 92 skill, and average a 25% pull-up rate

Posted: December 2nd, 2007, 3:22 pm

aozora

Active User > 50 Posts
how the heck do you get 200 of them in 6 hours then? i average abour 27%. today ive been on for about 6 hours and i have 120

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online