Total votes : 12
blue large dot

So I got rickrolled today.... : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: March 2nd, 2008, 4:01 pm

kourath

Total Posts: 1979
kourath's Reps: 23
Active User > 50 Posts
So, it was a rainy day here, and I was driving home in my chick car, listening to the radio. All of a sudden "Never gonna give you up" by that assfuck rick astley came on. I was rickrolled. By a radio station. In my car.

It was so full of win that I didn't even change the station, I just sat there and listened to the song. I was bouncing to that crap by the time the song ended.

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: March 2nd, 2008, 5:14 pm

pyrolol

Total Posts: 795
pyrolol's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
I've been rickrolled about twice in the last week...It's embarassing; although tbh the lengths some people I know go to...

Posted: March 2nd, 2008, 6:09 pm

kourath

Active User > 50 Posts
pyrolol (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
although tbh the lengths some people I know go to...

fckn seriously, like this dude

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: March 2nd, 2008, 6:51 pm

pyrolol

Active User > 50 Posts
I don't click youtube / tinyurl (and similar) links any more without thinking "it's going to be a Rick'Roll", which stops it being as bad xD.

Now in return you can do something for me: Prove (or disprove) that for any positive integer N, there exists a pair of positive integers a and b, such that ab/(a + b) = N.

Posted: March 2nd, 2008, 7:11 pm

vaxthemonk

Total Posts: 379
vaxthemonk's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Well duh if you have a positive and divide it by a positive, no matter what the number is it's going to be positive.

edit: i was being stupid. its late and im tired :) nite

Last edited by vaxthemonk on March 2nd, 2008, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: March 2nd, 2008, 7:43 pm

kourath

Active User > 50 Posts
pyrolol (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Now in return you can do something for me: Prove (or disprove) that for any positive integer N, there exists a pair of positive integers a and b, such that ab/(a + b) = N.

lol I'm supposed to be doing my decades project, but now I'm going to end up working on this.

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: March 3rd, 2008, 9:56 am

pyrolol

Active User > 50 Posts
kourath (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

lol I'm supposed to be doing my decades project, but now I'm going to end up working on this.

Yeesh, you're all slow. Consider a = N + 1, b = N^2 + N and the result appears.

Posted: March 3rd, 2008, 1:24 pm

kourath

Active User > 50 Posts
kourath (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

Math is definitely not my strongest point. I'm in AP pre calc, but the problem is that I forget basically everything that I've learned after the test.

Example: I couldn't tell you how to solve a simple problem such as 5^(2/3) because I've completely forgotten how to do it.

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: March 3rd, 2008, 5:28 pm

pyrolol

Active User > 50 Posts

Math is definitely not my strongest point. I'm in AP pre calc, but the problem is that I forget basically everything that I've learned after the test.

Example: I couldn't tell you how to solve a simple problem such as 5^(2/3) because I've completely forgotten how to do it.

Maths (yay for random regional variations) is fun :-p. Will be interesting to see how I react to studying it basically exclusively next year though (UK university courses are much narrower than US ones).

Posted: March 3rd, 2008, 6:45 pm

vaxthemonk

Total Posts: 379
vaxthemonk's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
lol AP precalc is like saying your the smartest ... well you know.

Posted: March 4th, 2008, 4:32 am

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
LMAO

I'm in Pre-Calc/Trig Honors and I basically just sleep through... I even have the choice of going to AP Calc next year, except for the fact that my teacher hates me because I don't do ANYTHING and I don't even want to take a math for my senior year, but I'm going to because I intend on going into the field of CompSci (Programming more specifically).

Posted: March 4th, 2008, 5:53 pm

kourath

Active User > 50 Posts
vaxthemonk (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
lol AP precalc is like saying your the smartest ... well you know.

lol yeah. 11th grade and they don't let students skip it though, unless your really outstanding :\

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
I'm in Pre-Calc/Trig Honors and I basically just sleep through... I even have the choice of going to AP Calc next year, except for the fact that my teacher hates me because I don't do ANYTHING and I don't even want to take a math for my senior year, but I'm going to because I intend on going into the field of CompSci (Programming more specifically).

I'm doing AP calc next year too. I'll probably major in chemistry or something related to science or engineering and then major/minor in business. After that, its on to law school, and then I'll go to work in the legal department for some company. Money + doing something I love. Its going to be easy getting a job too.

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: March 8th, 2008, 8:04 am

methosone

Total Posts: 51
methosone's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
ugh..... I read through this whole topic and.....well..... WTH does being rickrolled mean??

Posted: March 8th, 2008, 12:16 pm

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
Lol, now that's a question for the generation :)

Posted: March 8th, 2008, 12:21 pm

pyrolol

Active User > 50 Posts
This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online