taultunleashed logoSome wierd stuff that's happened... : FFXI General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 3 posts ] 
blue large dot

Some wierd stuff that's happened... : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: February 7th, 2008, 7:47 pm

lionhart180

Total Posts: 43
lionhart180's Reps: 2
On the discovery of hot and cold, when I was raising a chocobo to aid me in leveling my digging skill, I was rather delighted.

I became morbidly addicted to the treasure hunting mini game,a nd within a few weeks had my jungle chocograph.

Throughout the whole time I had been trying to lv my digging skill, and was about lv 27 or so. Then, as my digging skill finally passed from lv 27 to 28, and I hit rank 3, I was overjoyed to see my wait time go down by a few seconds.

Since I hadn't memorized what the wait time was for rank 3, I began to us macros to figure out how long my new wait time to dig was.

I quickly started growing excited as my dig time tested otu to be 11 seconds. no wait, 10... 9!?

holy crap, 4 sec- wait no...

I had zero wait time between digs :shock:

I then zoned and tested that wait time. 40 secs. Somehow, I had suddenly skipped form rank 3... to 5.

I began to be suspicious that something wasn't right, so I called a GM to ask if my religious playing of hot and cold every day had anything to do with it.

I don't know when it happened, but SE had stopped completely denying to tell us about hidden skills like digging, because the GM talked to me about it. But wait, if the 4 level skip wasn't good enough, it got better.

I began talking about how my skillups had made a big leap in digging, and the GM asked me if I had been experiencing the .5 skillups more often than usual, or if I had been completely skipping whole levels.

I stopped everything I was doing. .5 skillups you say? How can you tell when that happens?

The GM very quickly avoided the question and changed the subject, asking me if my skillups in other things, like synthesis had been going up faster than usual.

So, now I ask...

Has anyone else here played hot and cold while leveling digging skill, and noted any really big jumps in skillups?

Posted: February 8th, 2008, 4:35 am

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
Wow.... I don't believe a word of that, but then again I'm one cold mother !@#$%^&*... I don't trust anyone. Lol

Posted: February 8th, 2008, 5:12 pm

vaxthemonk

Total Posts: 379
vaxthemonk's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Interesting story xD

But yeah, I don't dig or do anything with chocobos aside ride them into the ground.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online