taultunleashed logoStopping scripts : FFXI General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

Stopping scripts : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: December 5th, 2007, 12:16 am

jarf
jarf's Reps:
It's easy enough to stop a script that's running, but when I close XUnleashed, my FFXI game crashes. Is there a way to unload XU to where I can close the window without crashing my game?

Posted: December 5th, 2007, 5:04 am

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
I don't think so, because when you run XU, it hooks onto the game of your choice. Think of it this way:

XU is the clothes line, the hanger is the hook, and FFXI is your favorite shirt. You put the shirt on the hanger, and put the hanger on the clothes line. Like that, it works, and no problems with it. But what happens if the clothes line suddenly vanished? The answer: the Hanger and the Shirt (FFXI) would fail. It's basically the same concept, but in the best way I can describe it.

As an answer, no there is no way for you to shutdown XU without crashing FFXI because of the hook. At least that's what my brain is telling me from this situation...

Why do you want to shut it down anyway?

Posted: December 5th, 2007, 9:48 am

jarf
jarf's Reps:
What I've been doing is using XUFish while LFG and then I'll stop when I get an invite, but I don't want to be obviously logging out for "lag reasons" every time i get an invite. I'm just paranoid about getting caught.

I use WoWGlider for world of warcraft and it does the same thing so I understand that it may not be possible, I just thought FFXI might be different.

Posted: December 5th, 2007, 10:22 am

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
As long as there is nothing malicious running from XU, which there isn't unless you run it yourself, you shouldn't get caught. There's nothing in XU alone that could flag your account, but what you do with it that will get you caught.

As for what you said about WoWGlider, it's probably the same thing. You're trying to remove the clothes line and the clothes are falling off.

And sorry for the childish way to explain it, but it's the only sensible way I can think of without going into PC Lingo lol

Posted: December 5th, 2007, 6:05 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
At one time, xu could be closed. As long as you didnt use it for the windower part of ffxi. Ie if you use windower and have xu start windower, then you could close xu. However, once closed you could not run xu again and have it rehook. :(

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online