[ 8 posts ] 
blue large dot

Stun Bot : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: August 18th, 2007, 2:17 am

mutantx

Total Posts: 4
mutantx's Reps: 0
Hi guys,

Im new to forum, i used search function but failed lol !. Im after a stun bot if anyone can help ^^

Posted: August 18th, 2007, 11:38 am

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
I don't think there is one in existence right now, I looked on google for you, but I came up empty-handed... You could always resort to making your own...

Pretty simple if all you want is stun...

Just need a couple things (Assuming you're writing in Java; written by AngryUndead who compiled the C++ stuff into a Java Library):

1. player.getMP (would get the player's MP)

2. chat.getLine (would read the chat line, which you could then have the program read to see if the monster does a move like "Meltdown" which is something you ALWAYS want to stun lol.

And then the commands to cast the spells and blah blah blah lol

Posted: January 11th, 2008, 8:40 pm

toujijr
toujijr's Reps:
cant w8 ill soon be able to make my own programs...... just gotta learn how either next year in school or some were b4 that ^ ^

Posted: January 11th, 2008, 8:59 pm

kourath

Total Posts: 1979
kourath's Reps: 23
Active User > 50 Posts
toujijr (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
cant w8 ill soon be able to make my own programs...... just gotta learn how either next year in school or some were b4 that ^ ^

Get motivated and teach yourself. Read a book, join a programming forum where you can ask questions, write code until your eyes bleed, yell at your computer until your code compiles or until you open the window and toss out the desktop, do whatever you have to in order to get what you need done. I don't know why everyone thinks they need a teacher, I taught myself everything I know by reading countless pages of subject matter, or inferring (read: trail + error) from said subject matter. Granted, I'm more educated in the actual workings of programming languages and concepts than I am at any one language.

I just realized I would kill myself if I didn't know how to program. I'm borderline serious here.

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: January 12th, 2008, 5:17 am

waitinginshadow

After you get one language down pat, you can pretty much figure out what the others mean. That doesn't mean you can fully comprehend what it's doing, or actually write in that language, but you understand the basic concepts, which is a good skill to have.

Just google: "[Your language choice here] tutorial" and click the first link, since odds are it's a link to a school tutorial website like w333 schools or whatever it's called.

Posted: January 13th, 2008, 10:29 am

terrahffxi
terrahffxi's Reps:
FFXIapp has this feature if you want it too. think it's called onevent watch or something. Has a text box you type in for it to find in chatlog. The exampe given is

Watchfor: Cerberus readies Gates of hades.
action: /ma Stun <bt> or <t> whichever

and it's pretty much instant from what i hear. Pretty much the only thing i find beneficial to ffxiapp IMO.

Posted: January 13th, 2008, 12:41 pm

waitinginshadow

terrahffxi (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
FFXIapp has this feature if you want it too. think it's called onevent watch or something. Has a text box you type in for it to find in chatlog. The exampe given is

Watchfor: Cerberus readies Gates of hades.
action: /ma Stun <bt> or <t> whichever

and it's pretty much instant from what i hear. Pretty much the only thing i find beneficial to ffxiapp IMO.

The PL bot I made that I use in merit parties does something like this.

It has a blank space for a Silena Target, so whenever a Heraldic Imp uses Deafening Tantara, the bot will cast Silena on the target's name I write in...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: January 14th, 2008, 10:33 am

pyrolol

Total Posts: 795
pyrolol's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Get me on msn sometime and I'll take you through making an FFACE one.

Beyond the beginning though, I think it's better if you try and find your way yourself, rather than having your hand held all the way.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online