blue large dot

summoner... worth it? : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: July 6th, 2004, 2:04 am

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
hey guys im posting here to ask is SMN really worth it? im forced to play a class that I don't like ( WHM ) because all other subs doesnt really work well with SMN and I really doen't even feel like getting my teeth into another mage class ( I play a mage in every MMORPG ). I don't know wether to stick it out and eventually get SMN or to change to another class. ( my WHM is only level 4 atm and I don't have another characte ) I don't know it just feels like its far too hard for me to choose a class I like in this game. Weird never felt like that with any other game. Any ideas/comments/suggestions VERY welcome. Thanks

Posted: July 6th, 2004, 10:35 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Well... Can't exactly say much for the SMN/WHM thing, but for me, in every MMO I've never taken the "tank" class (always thought it was boring standing there swinging a sword every now and then). So I started off being a thief cause I wanted to go RNG. After realizing I did NOT like playing a thief and there's no way I'm gonna hit lvl 30 as is, I fooled around with a BLM. Well, spells etc is fine... But then I missed actually being able to take a hit (mob *attack* POW! I'm dead). So what do I land myself on? Something I thought I was hate! The warrior class. Turns out, wow, I love it! Even though I disliked tank classes in almost every other MMO, this one was surprisingly fun. I realized for this game, I didn't want to be the guy that does the most damage, or the person that can stand in a corner and nuke. I wanted to be a character that would help others in my team, thus I'll eventually go the PAL/WAR track, and become a shield for my team :D

So basically, even though you've been a mage in every other MMO, give the other classes a shot. Lvls 1-5 can be attained in under a couple of hours w/ no sweat.

Posted: July 6th, 2004, 11:44 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
okay thanks alot ill try it out

Posted: July 15th, 2004, 10:45 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
if you get WHM to 30 then you can do Beastmaster or bard

(now Im off to take my shower)

Posted: July 16th, 2004, 2:46 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
umm.... reaver... that post was pointless
Hypa had stated that he wasnt going to do another mage class and he doesnt like doing any other class except for a mage, so why would you say beastmaster? and bard isnt really a mage, its a support class.

Posted: July 16th, 2004, 4:10 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
honestly I was saying WHAT he can do with excellence if he does it and uses as a sub.

Actually read and think before you act

Posted: July 16th, 2004, 8:53 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
hey im going for summoner id say its worth it u dont need to hate mage cause u r always one just follow your heart and mind.

Posted: July 16th, 2004, 9:36 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
If you don't want to be a mage, then don't be. The beauty of this game is that you can change your job anytime you'd like. If you spend a few levels in a melee class and realize that you'd actually rather be a mage, cool beans. Just head to your Mog House and change your job. Don't feel like you've wasted your time, because there's always the chance that later in the game, you'll want to go back to a melee class and it'll be right there waiting to be used.

Last edited by Tault_Tault Community on July 16th, 2004, 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: July 16th, 2004, 9:55 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Humes are pretty good if you wanna do more than one job

Posted: July 16th, 2004, 12:06 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
any race is good...however, nothin better than a taru-had-been-mage-decide-to-go-melee who kicks some baddy a$$ like no one else you've partied with. The right eq makes any race good at thier job, like a galka WHM or a taru PLD

Posted: July 19th, 2004, 5:38 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
kelek (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
any race is good...however, nothin better than a taru-had-been-mage-decide-to-go-melee who kicks some baddy a$$ like no one else you've partied with. The right eq makes any race good at thier job, like a galka WHM or a taru PLD
the best advice if u wanna be a snm i would have to say it depends "which" kind of smn u wanna be for instance... if u wanted to be a smn that mostly uses its smns i would say to sub rdm *not that great at lower lvls but at high lvls it can be quit awsome.... but if u wanna be a smn that mostly heals heh kinda like a whm then sub whm cuz alot of your party invites are probaly going to want u to main healer :-/ good luck on whatever u fell like doing though

Posted: July 19th, 2004, 5:39 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
um i didnt mean to put it on quote the last member ^^;;

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online