taultunleashed logoWhat Job/Subjob do Mithra Excel at the most? : FFXI General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 11 posts ] 
blue large dot

What Job/Subjob do Mithra Excel at the most? : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: June 8th, 2004, 7:15 am

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I am curently a lv 30 mithra i have tried a little bit of everyjob, but i have been wondering what main and with what sub mithra can do better than any other race? and why or whynot u would or would not choose a certain combo. Thanks :D

Posted: June 8th, 2004, 9:59 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Ok, Mithra always edge out humes in most cases. (besides charisma) So, Bard and BST are out of the question. Mithra doesnt excel in tanking or magical. So PLD and all mage jobs are out. That Leaves you with DRK, SAM THF RNG NIN WAR(forsub) and they dont really excel as DRG. So that leaves you with these possible choices.
SAM/WAR THF/WAR THF/NIN NIN/WAR RNG/WAR RNG/NIN DRK/wAR DRK/THF(at later lvls for SATA) Mithra excel in all of these above others in their roles at least. Maybe not as much in SAM. But mithra excel in all thats required in DRk THF RNG NIN. i sugguest taking THF RNG and NIN up to lvl 30. See what you like best. Mithra excel in those 4 key job clases. Now im only answering your question. You can choose a magic job. But as far as beating all other races out at a job. with the best edge possible. the key jobs are THF RNG NIN DRK
Now i shall go into detail with each job.

THF- Mithras greatly excel in this job clases. Clearly with the perfect requirement and exceling in all of them. Mithras will always stay on top with proper equipment at any lvl with a THF.

RNG-As a whole, RNG require dex, agi, and a high hit rate. So an elvaan might hit harder then you. but you should definatly hit more often. and raise your TP higher with your dagger.(especially dual weild)

NIN- Mithra excel very greatly as NIN. NIN were not ment to blink tank, but thats what they have become. Still, as a Mithra NIN you will dodge allot of attacks so you shadows willstill be intact allot. Mithra excel veryvery well in this job. If played right, Mithra should always stand at the top of this job.

DRK- Mithra perform greatly as DRK. Why? They have a high hit rate, which enables them to hit more often with their heavy large delay weapons. Mithra also have very well rounded magic. They edge out humes with their AGi,dex and high hit rate. Mithra, properly equiped. and played well, can stand strong at the top of this job.

SAM-while Mithra might not be seen to excel at this job, there is more then meets the eye. With their awsome Dex, AGI, and high hit rate, Mithra have a very strong potential to unleash good SC, raise their TP fast, and hit more often. With the right gear mithra can hold its own at this job.

This being said, some other might not agree with these job choices, but as a whole, doing what the job is supposed to do. Mithra excel in all these jobs. I have tested this before. all in all, Mithra can hold their own very well in all these jobs. They excel in all that is required. I suggest played each of these jobs at least to lvl 10, so you have a good feel of what you want. Mithras have many job choices. and are certainly not boxed into certain things.

Posted: June 8th, 2004, 10:23 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Thanks for the imput i was already thinking about making a rng/nin or a thf/nin, but like u said i am going to raise all 3 to 30 and see which one i like the best :D

Posted: June 11th, 2004, 7:54 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Gl to ur cash :D ^^.

Posted: June 15th, 2004, 10:19 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
yea, lol

Posted: June 15th, 2004, 10:55 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
as a thf/nin you will own all :P

Posted: June 17th, 2004, 9:06 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
own all other thfs that is :D. Thf/war will be more useful tho at higher lvls. thf have triple attack at lvl 55 and war got double attack at 25. wat's more, thf's attack delay is little, with whm casting haste on u, it is like 100 dagger. ( hundred fist but here, dag.) lol~

Posted: June 17th, 2004, 9:53 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Dark Knight at a high level

Posted: July 19th, 2004, 5:55 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
well i dont want to just come new to this WS and start saying stuff about people but... mithras can be some good tanks... i tank with my mithra alot like pld mithra (i did a servay on 30 high lvl pld lvl 50+ each) just to get someone elses info that plays the job and basicly every one of them sayed the best three are hume mithra and elvaan but if they had to choice one it was hume just cuz more around but mithra is good cuz of good mp hp they doge so they dont lose hate and they just over all pritty good

i know warrior mithra is good too cuz it has ok def but that not main point it is the dogeing and acc so u can keep aggro well... and if u get the right armor u are greathehe ^^; i have had acouple people told me personaly i was there best warrior tank they ever seen (war/nin) and for other wise i say ninja is best subjob for a mithra cuz thief/ninja awsome awsome and at high lvls there are these damage+10 daggers or atlest lvl 51 not that high lvl which can add up to good damage

ranger/ninja pwons all too hehe ^^; two archers knifes are great! hehe or two halkerws knifes however u spell that are nice too alot of range acc and get the bows which are roughly every 10 lvls like first one at 5 (allways get +1) is what i recomend cuz alot of damage with high range acc owch hehe
so pritty much ninja is pritty much the best subjob cuz the main best jobs in my openion is warrior ~ ninja ~ thief ~ ranger and you can dobate about pld which most of thouse i sayed i think ninja should be subed (not pld or ninja hehe or hmmm how would u sub ninja for ninja ^^)

laters

Posted: July 19th, 2004, 5:57 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
zapen (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
well i dont want to just come new to this WS and start saying stuff about people but... mithras can be some good tanks... i tank with my mithra alot like pld mithra (i did a servay on 30 high lvl pld lvl 50+ each) just to get someone elses info that plays the job and basicly every one of them sayed the best three are hume mithra and elvaan but if they had to choice one it was hume just cuz more around but mithra is good cuz of good mp hp they doge so they dont lose hate and they just over all pritty good

i know warrior mithra is good too cuz it has ok def but that not main point it is the dogeing and acc so u can keep aggro well... and if u get the right armor u are greathehe ^^; i have had acouple people told me personaly i was there best warrior tank they ever seen (war/nin) and for other wise i say ninja is best subjob for a mithra cuz thief/ninja awsome awsome and at high lvls there are these damage+10 daggers or atlest lvl 51 not that high lvl which can add up to good damage

ranger/ninja pwons all too hehe ^^; two archers knifes are great! hehe or two halkerws knifes however u spell that are nice too alot of range acc and get the bows which are roughly every 10 lvls like first one at 5 (allways get +1) is what i recomend cuz alot of damage with high range acc owch hehe
so pritty much ninja is pritty much the best subjob cuz the main best jobs in my openion is warrior ~ ninja ~ thief ~ ranger and you can dobate about pld which most of thouse i sayed i think ninja should be subed (not pld or ninja hehe or hmmm how would u sub ninja for ninja ^^)

laters
hehe damn forgot ninja/warrior is like one of the best tanks you just got to rember to have utsumime hehe thouse mithra agi points helps alot for dogeing which is basicly ninjas main perpis in the game

Posted: July 22nd, 2004, 7:36 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Personally I love Rng/Nin, with duel wield and utsusemi coming in, its great. equip a couple hawkers knives along with all the other equipment that easily boosts rng att and rng acc and you will own all. throw in a bard and that 5% miss ratio will drop to zilch, be prepared to tank though, hahahaha. Nothin will take the hate that this char will bring.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online