taultunleashed logoWhat NM's Are My Level That Are Worth Fighting? : FFXI General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

What NM's Are My Level That Are Worth Fighting? : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: June 2nd, 2004, 10:28 am

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I have been looking into NM hunting i have a lv 16 War and im going to make a Ranger. I dont have a trouble making money but i just want to try this way and see how it is. I have Looked at the Huge list of NM's at allakazam.com but i dont know what the drops sell for so plz can i get a list of NMs that i can fight at my lvl or a lil higher or lower that have ok drops and what the drops sell for. THANKS IN ADVANCE IT IS REALLY HELPFUL.

My Chars names are Nayros and Dimetre on the Odin Server. Look me up sometime if u would like to play.

Posted: June 2nd, 2004, 10:46 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
You really cant do much at your level but farm beehive chips.
When you hit 30 you can go mining in Gusgen Mines.
Save up all that money and start doing woodwork or alchemy (Alchemy if you use guns, Woodwork if you prefer bow and arrow.)
Just get both crafts up until the highs 30s or 40s. This will give you enough profit and ammo. Until you hit Lv25~ I dont really reccommend using bullets.

Posted: June 2nd, 2004, 10:52 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Thanks for the imput, I did not think that using guns really helped any until later lvs 25-30 as well from what i have seen. I curently have a 36 in woodworking and have printed out the guide that is posted on alchemy also.

Posted: June 2nd, 2004, 1:32 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
As a lvl 40 rng on carbuncle I'd have to say that guns in general aren't as good in comparison to bows before lvl 50 (with silver bullets) the normal bullets are just too expensive to make them worth it. However after lvl 50 guns could definately be awesome if you have the gil for it, i'll try it out once i get there, but i doubt i'll use guns for lvl'ing pts. Just my 2 cents on that topic.

NMs eh? (Hmm.) Well at lvl 16 the only NMs that you could kill are probably over camped but i'll list 'em anyways: (all prices are on carbuncle btw)

Leaping Lizzie: H-8 in South Gustaberg
Leaping Boots: +3 dex +3 agi +3 def, 180-200k
(Over camped, but if your lucky [and patient] you could get them)

Jaggedy-eared Jack: Around hill NE of outpost in West Ronfaure
Rabbit Charm: +1 Steal, 400k+
(Don't bother with this one. Its over camped and the charm almost never drops.... an LS member of mine is 0/45 with this X_x)

Spook: False tombstone in King Ronfaure's tomb
Traveler's Mantle: +1 def +1 agi +3 evasion, 20k
(Spawns every game day at 10:00 and ~00:10, so its sometimes over camped, or other times no one is there)

Spiny Spipi: End of the river (far east) that is right under the enterance to Tahrongi in East Sarutabaruta.
Mist Silk Cape: (i don't know the stats), 30-40k

Those are the most known low lvl NMs and as such they are the most heavily camped. There are some other low lvl ones in Giddeus and Ghelsba Op. but i don't have the info at the moment. If you wanna take a crack at these. Go for it, and good luck.

P.S. If you do camp any of these guys, plan on sticking around at least an hour to see even 1 spawn.

Signed: A dying renaissance man.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online