newtopic  postreply
 [ 3 posts ] 
blue large dot

13 ways to make money fast : FFXI Submissions

Posted: June 27th, 2005, 5:57 am

tault_shoopub3r
tault_shoopub3r's Reps:
13 Methods to Making 30k + Gil an Hour
This is a comprehensive guide to earning gil in Vanadiel. I have been able to make 15k gil from 1 hour's
work, easily, and on some days I was able to make about 20-25k. It all depends on your luck. Occasionally,
with the top listed method, you'll even be able to make 50-70k in a single hour if you're lucky. Listed below
are all of my methods, some of which you can use, and leave running while you're out adventuring, or using
the other methods! The strategies are listed in order of how profitable they are. The top strategies will earn
you the most gil, while the bottom ones will earn less, but are still fairly profitable ways to make some extra
cash.

#1: MINING...
This can be done by any character, of any level. The only catch is you have to be in Bastok. On the Bahamut
server, Darksteel ore sells for 7-8k gil. This will be your primary money-maker. Iron ore sells for 600-700 gil
each, so you will also be saving up those pieces of iron, as they are far more common than darksteel, and
can make you almost as much money by sheer amount of iron you mine compared to the relatively low
amout of darksteel you will mine. Zinc sells for 300-500 gil, so if you are hard-up for money you can also
sell that. There are other types of ore such as copper, tin, and silver, but they are not as profitable, and in
about an hour's time, you can have your inventory completely full of iron, and should have 1-3 pieces of
darksteel as well.

Here is the exact way to do it:

First, you need to have at least 200 gil to get you started, preferably about 1000 to 7000 gil. Completely clear
out your inventory, including weapons and armor. You won't be needing them in the mines, and this makes
room for your mining finds. There is a small shop in the Bastok mines district of town, aside from the
weapon shop and the armor shop. It's a goods/items shop. The owner's name starts with a "B" I think, but I
may be wrong. It's easy to find. You just look for the armor and weapon shops and it's the only store in the
area that has the little potion icon. You can find it on the map easily. Next you go into the store, head for the
back room, and buy mining picks from the guy there. He's got tons of them at 200 gil each. You're going to
need about 36 of them to most efficiently mine, but you can do it with as many as 1-2. They break
sometimes after you mine with them, so the first few times you go mining, if you only have a few picks,
don't get discouraged... you'll just need to buy a few more picks when you get some money saved up from
your finds. Just sell whatever metals you get in the Auction House, and use the profit you make to buy even
more mining picks, until you can finally afford 36.

The next step is to head into the mines. On the far left side of the map is a small circle drawn with what
looks like a pencil. This is the entrance to the Zeruhn mines. You simply enter the mines and follow the left
wall. Once you're in, you need to keep following the left wall, until you go down to a lower level where the
walls change to rock instead of bricks. We'll call this mining home point. Now what you're going to need
to do, is follow the left or right wall until you get back to mining home base, all the while searching for
something called a "mining point" The mining point is a targetable spot on the wall, which is hard to find
just by clicking alone. You're going to need to use the TAB key. What I do, is follow the right hand wall while
repeatedly pressing the tab key until I get a mining point in my crosshairs. When I find it, I mine it until it
disappears, then continue following the right wall until I get back to mining home point.
Then I start all over, until I'm either out of mining picks, or my inventory is full.
Once you find a mining point, walk up to it as close as you can. Open your "items"
menu and click on your mining pick, then click "use". Once you have clicked "use" a
small blue arrow should pop up over the mining point, provided you have the mining
point in your field of view on the screen. You'll see your pick-axe swing, and you'll get
a piece of rare metal. Normally, I would say just throw everything away except for iron
and darksteel, because these are the most profitable metals to sell, and you can fill up
your inventory AND your bank with iron in less than a couple hour's mining effort. You
can fill your inventory in less than an hour every time. However, if you're just starting
out as a miner, and had very little money for mining picks, I'd recommend you take
everything you mine to the auction house and sell it. Every little mining pick helps.
That was the hard part. Now is the easy part... selling your goods in the auction
house. You should have about 30-50 pieces of iron and 1-3 pieces of darksteel after
about an hour or two's work. The iron pieces on Bahamut server sell for 600 gil to 700
gil easily, and the darksteel pieces sell for about 7000 to 8000. Doing the math, that
looks like about 30k gil for an hour's work. The only thing you have to worry about now
is finding a way to list all of your metals in the auction house with only 7 sales slots. I
highly recommend you buy another playonline content ID from the Playonline viewer. It
only costs an extra dollar per month, but you can use it to make a new character on
your server to help you sell. I call this an auction mule. Also with this mule, you can
scout Winhurst and San'Doria and find out which city has the best prices for the
darksteel and iron! Did you know that there is an NPC outside every auction house that
will deliver items for you to any other character in the game's mog house? You simply
click on the NPC, type the recipient's name into the field and click OK, then you put the
item you wish to trade in the slot and click OK again to have it sent to him. Using this
NPC, you can send your entire stock of iron to another city where the ores are more
profitable. On Bahamut server, the ore sold the best from San'Doria, so I recommend
you send the money to a mule character in San'Doria for the selling, and if you REALLY
want to step up the sales, you can buy 2 extra content ID's for a small 2 dollars per
month, and have 2 auction mules. Just scout the other cities, find out where the ores
are selling the best, and sell there. If you REALLY want to get stuff sold fast you can
sell from Bastok too, since the price shouldn't be too much different from San'Doria or
Winhurst, and you'll have plenty to supply them with anyway... which leads me to
another point. If you sell the ores for lower than the average sale price, you're going to
kill the market for it. I highly suggest you sell for the same price as everyone else,
using the "price history" button, or you risk ruining the ore sales for yourself and
everyone else. Besides, it sells very fast. You shouldn't have to worry about anything.
Well, that's about it for the mining aspect of the guide. You can easily make 15-30k
per hour doing this, and I have had many times when I filled up my 7 auction house
slots with iron ore for 650 gil each, and then logged over to my auction mule to list 7
more, and by the time I got back over to my main character all 7 pieces of the ore were
sold and I had to repeat the whole process! Darksteel is pretty easy to get and very
profitable, also. I was able to get 2 pieces of darksteel in under an hour, and those
alone are worth 7-8k gil each! Good luck with the mining! I wish you only the best of
luck from now on, because you're on your own, and no longer need my help!

METHOD #2: REPEATABLE WARP QUEST
With this method you can make about 5-10k gil per hour depending on your server.
You can only do this once per character, so you'll need to make a mule for this specific
purpose. You need to give your new character about 1k gil with which to purchase
some slime oil from the auction house, then you take the slime oil to an NPC named
"Unlucky Rat" in the Metalworks district of Bastok. You then give him the oil in
exchange for a warp scroll, which sells in the auction house for 7-10k gil. However, to
do this quest you have to have a certain amount of fame built up. You must run around
town doing low level missions to get your fame increased until you have enough fame
for him to take your slime oil. This is the part that takes about an hour to complete.
Once you get the warp scroll, you simply send it to your main character, delete the
quest mule, and make another new quest mule and start all over.
If you do this for 10 hours, you can earn up to 100k gil, depending on your server.
There are multitudes of websites right now with final fantasy strategies and
information. You can use these to find out which quests you need to complete to get
high enough fame to complete this quest, simply by going to your favorite search
engine and typing, "Final Fantasy xi strategies quests" in the search field. This is a
pretty good way to make money too, although not as good as mining.

METHOD #3: JUSTICE BADGE QUEST
The justice badge quest is in Winhurst. All it needs is 1 rarab tail. You can buy a
stack of rarab tails in the auction house for about 50-100 gil. In Winhurst Ports area in
Winhurst, find an NPC named Kolo Lakolo and talk to him to get the quest, then give
him the tail. In return you get the justice badge. Badges sell in the auction house for
anywhere from 500-4000 gil from what I hear. Once you get the justice badge, give 4
wild onions to the same quest giver, and supposedly you'll get a scroll that sells in the
auction house for 5k on some servers!!! You can only do this quest one time per
character, so it's best to do it with an alternate, or "mule" character, so you can do it
over and over again, and just buy the wild onions and rarab tails with your main
character to send to your new characters. You can make almost as much money doing
this method as with the mining method. :)

METHOD #4: WORKING THE AUCTION HOUSE
This is a very simple method, which can prove extremely profitable. It's easy to do.
All you do is make 1 auction mule in each of the 3 major cities. Next you compare prices
on items in that city with prices in the other cities. If the prices are lower, you buy the
item and send it to your character in the other city. You then sell the item from the
more profitable city, and BAM you have profit. Very easy, very simple.

METHOD #5: FIRE CRYSTAL FARMING
There are two ways to farm fire crystals. You can do it as low as level 4, but I
recommend you get to level 7-10. It's fairly simple. You get signet cast on you at your
local town gates, then head out to north gusterburg where there are a lot of vultures.
You kill the vultures, and nothing but the vultures, until you have a stack of fire
crystals. Stacks of fire crystals sell in the auction house for about 2500-3000 gil. Very
good money and you can get a stack and a half of fire crystals in about an hour.
The other way is to actually FARM the fire crystals. LOL. You buy a brass flower pot
in the auction house, several vegetable seeds and some water crystals. You plant the
flower pot in your mog house, and put in the vegetable seeds. You feed it water
crystals now and then, and after 1-3 days you will have 17 fire crystals come out of it! I
have heard rumors that you won't always get fire crystals, but you can have I think 6-8
flower pots per house, so if you use an auction mule to garden as well, you can make
some really good money... 20-30k every 2-3 days for each account, minus the cost of
the seeds and the water crystals. Also, I think that all gardening combinations yield
something that can be sold, so you may find a combination that gives something even
better than fire crystals! Just experiment! A flower pot is a very cheap investment, and
if you are disappointed with the result, you're not losing much money anyway!

METHOD #6: CRAWLER SILKS
In the area right outside Winhurst, Sarataruba I think it's called, you will find
crawlers. They look like big caterpillars. They have a chance to drop silks which sell in
the auction house for 1k each on some servers.

METHOD #7: FUNGAURS
I was told by a high level Japanese player to hunt Fungaurs in the La Thiene plateau
area. If you have signet these drop dark crystals which are, on some servers, as
valuable as Fire Crystals.

METHOD #8: PALBROUGH MINES
If you are level 15+, you can kill the Quadavs in Palbrough mines solo. I was able to
earn about 5-10k per hour doing this by selling the back plates and fetich items they
drop in the auction house, along with the occasional spell they drop.

METHOD #9: BEESWAX
At about level 10, give or take a few levels, you can kill any giant wasp you see, and
take their honeycombs. Once you get several of them, you can combine them together
to make beeswax, which sells in the auction house for a lot of money. On Bahamut not
long ago beeswax was selling for 15k, if I'm not mistaken, but you might want to check
the auction house and see how much they're selling for before persuing this method. If
they really are worth 15k each, you can make some SERIOUS money using this method!

METHOD #10: GOBLIN ARMOR
In many areas of the game, from Bastok to San'Doria to WInhurst, there are goblins
afoot. They all (If I'm not mistaken) drop goblin armor. This sells for a good bit in the
auction house, to the tune of 400-1000 gil each piece, and they drop pretty often when
you kill them. Combined with the fire crystals they give you if you have signet cast on
yourself, you can easily make 5k-10k per hour doing this method, and if you're a thief
with treasure hunter, you can do REALLY well doing this.

METHOD #11 FIEND BLOOD/GOBLIN ARMOR/FIRE CRYSTALS:
As soon as you leave Bastok through the south gate, I believe you come to an area I
believe called south Gusterburg. Go west as far as you can go until you see an area on
the edge of the map called the Fumaroles. You can't miss the Fumaroles if you're
heading to the Valkurm Dunes area from Bastok. Anyway, to the west of the Fumaroles
is a big cave in the wall, leading to a set of mines. Inside are goblins and other
monsters that are hard to kill unless you're about level 15. The goblins drop goblin
armor and fire crystals, which both sell well, but there's a little monster in a secluded
area called... I think it's called a "pincushion". It's a little blob looking thing that you can
miss pretty easily. On the floor of the room they're in there should be 2-3 pincushions.
They all have a pretty good chance to drop an item called fiend's blood that sells for
500-1000 gil if I remember correctly. I killed about 5-7 of them and got 3-4 bloods, so I
guess it's a 50% chance to get one. I believe these sell well in the auction house if you
want to try it out. Check there before you leave to try this method to see how much
they're worth. Combined with the money you can make from the goblin armor and fire
crystals, this method is slightly better than the other goblin areas for loot drops! Also,
there's a treasure chest somewhere in the area that sometimes contains valuable
items! I think you have to find a key to get into the chest, and the key is usually
dropped from monsters in the area. If I remember correctly I got it off a goblin that was
casting spells. It might have been a shaman. I can't remember which one. You might be
able to get the key from any of the goblins in the area, or even the other monesters.
I'm not sure. Try it out, you might get lucky and get a tropical shield, 500 gil, or even
better!

METHOD #12: LUMBER
Go to your local carpentry guild, and buy as many stacks of lumber as are available. I
have heard reports that as soon as the guild opens, many or all of the lumber is bought
out, so you'll have to work at it to get them. The good news: They cost about 70 gil per
stack I am told, and sell for 2000+ gil in the Auction House on many servers!

METHOD #13: GROUPING!!
Money is really great if you just group and level up, and HAVE FUN!!!! Just thought
I'd throw that in for the sake of not taking the game too seriously. ;)

Posted: June 27th, 2005, 5:17 pm

tault_elemex
tault_elemex's Reps:
<I'm sorry> no good... ; ;. Too much work for little rewards... there are relatively good gil making guides at alakazham.. under tradeskill forums.
HELM is explained with details there on how to make $$$.

Posted: June 28th, 2005, 1:52 am

tault_shoopub3r
tault_shoopub3r's Reps:
I did't get "Too much work for little rewards" but its cool i'll just make a new guide and submit it.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online