taultunleashed logo15kExp/Hr - Lv.75 in a month - Premium(Can I have it?) : FFXI Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 10 posts ] 
blue large dot

15kExp/Hr - Lv.75 in a month - Premium(Can I have it?) : FFXI Submissions

Posted: December 18th, 2008, 1:15 am

ivanzypher

Total Posts: 3
ivanzypher's Reps: 0
I'd like a free premium membership I suppose.

Due to my intense hate for Valkurm Dunes, I solo all jobs to ~20. As I'm sure everyone knows, Ghelsba is a pretty nice place ~7-20 to solo--or at least its my area of choice. I hate La Theine and its overcrowdedness and sparse mobs that actually con what you're looking for.

Anyway, enough of my blabbing. Here's what's up. Level ~13-20 fight Orcish Grunts, Stonechuckers, and Neckchoppers in Ghelsba Outpost and Fort Ghelsba. For lower levels, you want to be in area around the river in Ghelsba Outpost. When things get slow down there, move to Fort Ghelsba and go up the elevator.

Now that's nothing spectacular, I know. However, for most jobs, I sub Bard. Most people fail to see the usefulness in this. And I fail to understand their incompetence. Keep Paeon up at all times, and you never have to rest as most jobs, and even if you do, what's a minute's rest with your low max HP at those levels going to make a difference?

In order to continue to do this to 75 as I have done several times now, you'll either need a good friend or a 2nd account. I have both. I prefer that my friend or 2nd account have lv 16 Monk, as it seems to be the ideal level, and Monk is simply the best DD at the time. Not only that, but Monk is exceedingly simple, meaning its easy to have a bot/macro run it for you. Which is what I do.

Any looping extended macro program will work. I use Apnea's MacroMaster myself. I put the Sync-Whore on follow on my character, and set a loop for a macro as such:

/attack <t>
/wait 1
/ja "Boost" <me>
/wait 1
/ws "Combo" <t>
/wait 1

Other than Combo failing due to distance, its pretty perfect. Oh and the automated idiot gets stuck on stuff sometimes. Of course you just open the window for a moment and move and put follow back on. I usually set myself to Quartermaster as well, so the sync-whore never has to leave the area.

If you notice you're running low on HP and Sync-whore isn't, you can just engage stuff but don't get close enough to hit it, and the sync-whore will go solo it. By the time your HPs are equal, Paeon should've done well enough you feel safe to keep going.

Eventually the sync-whore is going to level. So... Kill it a few times. Now you might think this takes a while, but not at all. Have your character switch to something with Raise, and have the "over-leveled" whore die -> raise -> die -> raise. You get it. It only takes a few minutes to warp to San d'Oria, (of course your home point is going to be there, there's no point in exping anywhere else :P) Change to something with Raise, exchange conquest points for another warp, and walk there. Besides, its nice to go sell some stuff and clear your inventory occasionally anyway. And its not like you actually have to do this every time the whore levels either. I'd de-level him to lv 14 out of convenience and probably not do it again until about lv 18. This was extremely easy as Paladin, since I just took level sync off and I had Raise.

When I actually level a job through these levels, I get 20k/hr average. With level-sync duo, I still get 15k/hr average. My friend and I reserve our Monks at low levels just for each other to use.

I've never read or heard of this type of thing posted anywhere else, so I thought it was worth a shot. Hopefully this doesn't come bite me in the !@#$%^&* when everyone comes to Ghelsba and/or SE messes with level-sync. I suppose this would work in the other 2 populated beastman areas; Giddeus and Palborough Mines as well, however I've always prefered the easily-navigable Ghelsba. Of course due to the many scrolls of instant-warp needed, it might be easier to use the other 2 if your home nation is of its close proximity.

I've done the math by the way; its 845350 exp 1-75. Its 820400 exp from lv 14-75. Getting 15k/hr on average, only leveling for 2 hours a day and you'd be 75 in a month. Playing my regular 10 hours a day and I got 75 in a week, even with taking a few trips back and forth to get raise to delevel the sync-whore. Obviously its ideal to use a DD job and sub Bard as I have said, but as far as I can see, this will work just as well with any job. Your max MP can't be that high that it makes a huge impact on exp when you rest at this low levels if you decide to level a mage this way.

Of course it has its downfalls, Although large amounts of fire crystals and random items do add up, I'm not sure if it makes up for things you'd get in a party. However, you are reaping all of the goods for yourself, so I'm not sure. Not that it really matters much, once you get a job to 75, you're better off with gil than you were before.

Also, you'll be able to keep the same equip all the way, so that's about as cheap and convenient as it gets. I've even got my friend's monk Tropical Punches +1, just because I'm so devoted to this method haha.

I hope my guide does you well, and doesn't harvest a ridiculous amount of noobs that don't know how to play their level 75 job. I think I can validly use this method, as I've been playing the game for 5 years.

*I can confirm that DRG x2 I get a straight 20k/hr without exp rings at most levels from 14-20

*I found an easier way to level down. Set your HP at an outpost and just continuously Home Point. Its nice to have Outpost Warp there, and make sure its no somewhere you can't get out of, because remember, you'll be a lower level!

Last edited by ivanzypher on December 26th, 2008, 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: December 18th, 2008, 1:23 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can members say yay or nay to this so we may give tu bucks and/or premium. If you nay the submission remember to include as to why.

Posted: February 6th, 2009, 4:54 pm

ghop84a

Total Posts: 2
ghop84a's Reps: 0
nay. not his idea. first he says it's best with monk and then later says dragoon is better. also, he's done this for years but only recently realized its faster to kill youself by having homepoint at an outpost? i dont think so. /stolen. good try. however it might be a good idea. i'm going to duo there within the next couple days and see what kind of exp rate i can get. if its over 10k i'll consider grinding to 75 this way. set homepoint to xarcabard. kill myself 40 or so times. killing myself might take too long, i'll have to find out.

Posted: February 8th, 2009, 4:06 pm

ghop84a

Total Posts: 2
ghop84a's Reps: 0
I went as mnk/brd + sam/dnc. The sam was a ls friend. He moved slow and went afk a few times. It would definitely be faster if he had macro'ed /follow on me and /attack <bt> and /ws. of course i would have to sub the /dnc then. anyways we got 16.5k and it took over 2 hours. that exp was without any bands. so even with him going slow we were getting around 7k/hour (with food).

i could see this netting 9k normally and maybe 10k max with best jobs and best equips. there was some slight downtime to get to the next zone :? .

i did mnk and sam because i wanted to get an accurate idea of what thf (my job) + drg would be like (damage wise). mnk sucks btw. sam way outdamaged me. we went from lvl 15 to lvl 19. we stayed at the river till lvl 17. then moved to the Grotto but it was too hard so we went to fort and I recommend going there instead. about 15 beastmen seals dropped (worth 60k after bcnm). not the best farming method but since you're really farming exp points its good to get something extra.

Overall: It would be better to use your 2nd character to PL you instead of PT with you.
The Good: Get exp without wasting time lfg or relying/waiting on PT. No equipment upgrades until lvl 75. (70 if lvl limit maat) :)
The Bad: Only ~15k at a time. Must take time to skillup completely later. Have to kill yourself 40 times over and over :(

Do this 60 times and you have a lvl 75 DD with 37 subjob from scratch. use warp scolls. go to qufim (lvl 15 to outpost), xarcabard, or jungle. You should be able to kill yourself every 30 seconds. faster if provoke ability comes back after death. if mobs are too far away, have 1 character pull near outpost homepoint. have other character provoke and die over and over. trade all the cruddy gear to outpost npc. sell crystals to AH. go back to ghelsba. wash and repeat.

Thanks for reading. ^^

Posted: February 9th, 2009, 8:30 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Can we get members to say more yays or nays.

Posted: May 5th, 2009, 8:36 am

untamed01

Total Posts: 1
untamed01's Reps: 0
Real quick. I've read this post several times and maybe I'm not seeing it but why are you killing yourselves again??

Posted: May 8th, 2009, 10:58 pm

matt1985

Total Posts: 6
matt1985's Reps: 1
WONDERING the same thing lol makes no sense. killing yourself = loss in xp

Posted: May 12th, 2009, 5:37 am

exsanity

Total Posts: 4
exsanity's Reps: 0
You don't kill yourself, you de-level the "mule" character so you can stay level sync'd at the optimum level.. This works in Qufim Island just as well with a full pt from 20-25, just have to keep rotating in a lv20 player..

Posted: October 15th, 2009, 12:08 am

mc1987

Total Posts: 20
mc1987's Reps: 1
nay

Posted: October 17th, 2009, 7:39 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online