taultunleashed logoExploit mobs mechanics - instant kill : FFXI Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 13 posts ] 
blue large dot

Exploit mobs mechanics - instant kill : FFXI Submissions

Posted: August 6th, 2005, 3:12 pm

tobukatay
tobukatay's Reps:
Req: 3melee in group preferable 4. Goblins that con IT. and a zoneline for safety.

Found a nice way to get exp at 30 but it should work for any level that can find Goblins that con IT. Pull the goblin to a zoneline just to be safe since it is a mob that cons Incredibly tough and it will beat you to a pulp. All goblins over about lv 10 have the attack called goblin "Bomb Toss". Take the mob to a zoneline have the 4 melee surroud it one on each side. They need to be crowding the mob as in almost inside of the goblin grapic. Once this is done the goblin will do his AE bomb attack and 9/10 times once the melees understand how to work it the goblin will suicide with the goblin bomb attack. In battalia there are mobs that are IT to me at 29 and the bunkers that have zone lines. There are a ton of other places for good exp like this for lower levels also. Roalnberry for the lmid 20s Pashow marsh for the low 20s. Valkum Dunes for the mid to high teens. You'll get 200+ exp a kill and fly though leveling.

Posted: August 7th, 2005, 1:14 am

tault_elemex
tault_elemex's Reps:
Goblins don't always do bomb tosses, and that it is a very ineffective way of getting exp.

Posted: August 13th, 2005, 1:11 pm

borbes
borbes's Reps:
and its not true. there is no way to force the gob to drop the bomb. it is random. i repeat... it is impossible to force the gob to drop the bomb.

Posted: August 14th, 2005, 2:56 am

therandom
therandom's Reps:
borbes (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
and its not true. there is no way to force the gob to drop the bomb. it is random. i repeat... it is impossible to force the gob to drop the bomb.

You cant prove that without seeing the source code.

Posted: August 14th, 2005, 5:49 am

tault_elemex
tault_elemex's Reps:
On average, goblins do bomb toss at about 50% of the time i think. (from my experience.)

Posted: August 31st, 2005, 2:55 pm

manaianjo
manaianjo's Reps:
On another note - the Goblin self-distruct damage is based on how much life the Gobbie has left when it drops the bomb. Even if you could cause a gobbie to self-distruct near full life it would probibly KO you and any buddies helping you, (under the terms of selecting an IT Gobbie.)

Posted: August 31st, 2005, 3:22 pm

jakefirebrand05
jakefirebrand05's Reps:
only way u can use the instant bomb kill trick is if ur a bst or a smn so u wont be in the bomb's range. Also this is no trick just common sense but good for people who dont know :P

Posted: August 31st, 2005, 4:36 pm

manaianjo
manaianjo's Reps:
In the example he gave he said "preferably 3 melee" to croud the mob... only reason I failed to mention pets as a possibility is because i was simply criticizing the particular methods he laid out in his post. You can not make pets croud the mob to force a self-distruct, assuming his methods would work. That will have to be done by the player him/her-self. I have never seen, concrete, proof that a self-distruct can be forced with a player action, but I am not going to be the one that says it is impossible.

Posted: August 31st, 2005, 7:58 pm

davidvandamn
davidvandamn's Reps:
I always Provoked when and if I had the ability to just when they are about to toss a bomb, that or if I always run into the goblin everytime he is about to toss it. It sounds stupid but it seems to work a lot.

Posted: September 1st, 2005, 7:16 am

manaianjo
manaianjo's Reps:
I agree about charging the goblin when it is about to bomb toss. When i play solo or the PLD (a role where the enemy is specificly attacking me) It seems to drop the bomb a lot more. It could be just wild luck that I NOTICE the bomb drop more; however, even when I do this the gobblin does not drop the bomb all the time >>> Where I said "I have never seen absolute proof that a players actions could cause the bomb drop." But I believe it is possible, and I believe the person with the most hate charging the gobblin in the right manor at the right time does increse the bomb "self-distruct" rate. But that is my personal oppinion from my own experiences. When I solo leveled PLD and RDM i could get about 90% of the bomb tosses to end up self distructs...... did I cause it? IDK... But I would like to think I did. This trick is honestly for you to figure out for yourself and not really recommended in a PT unless the gobblin has less than half its life left, (to avoid murdering your own PT members,) but it is VERY OLD public knowledge. This tecnique has been posted many times in many other free sources.

Posted: September 1st, 2005, 7:20 am

manaianjo
manaianjo's Reps:
on another note - i am not good with the timing so I run up to the gobbie in the beggining of the bomb toss and very quickly move toward and away form the gob to ATTEMPT to trigger this method. Just remember one thing from this... an IT gobbie with near full life self distructing could kill you and your PT... there I warned you...

Posted: September 1st, 2005, 7:37 am

manaianjo
manaianjo's Reps:
It is also common knowledge to "Stun" the gobblin durring a bomb toss to avoid the toss entirely, but I expect a few "Duhhhs" for this remark. This is good for situations when you are partying and the goblin still has a lot of life left.

Posted: September 17th, 2005, 2:23 am

cypress
cypress's Reps:
This used to work in beta and for about a couple months or so into NA release, but was 'fixed'.
The premise was sorta like mentioned, 4 surround and crowd, then gob would go for bomb. when he reached back for it someone would then provoke (took a lil practice to get timing down & timing had to be perfect) and rush forward....would make the goblin fumble it everytime. I had a party hit chain 16 in Valkurm Dunes and parties regularly hit chain 6-8 in Battalia using this technique. It does not, however, like I said work any more......

It was fixed long long ago & is now RANDOM.....

*I know this is like my first post, but go ahead and try all ya like...wont work reliably, and trust be I tried & tried to get working again after fix.....chain 16 valkurm dunes ... god I wish I could have that again.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online