taultunleashed logoFFXI Guides - Extreme New Leveling method, Smn Burn! : FFXI Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 10 posts ] 
blue large dot

FFXI Guides - Extreme New Leveling method, Smn Burn! : FFXI Submissions

Posted: October 19th, 2008, 12:07 pm

lionhart180

Total Posts: 43
lionhart180's Reps: 2
With the introduction of SEs new level sync feature, a new method of burn party is being experimented with. This tyle of burn is for summoners. Using it, you can get a mule from 10 to 20 in about... 2 minutes if you're good enough.

Here's the setup.

Smn x4

Pld x1

Mule x1

Start out uncapped, and have at least one of the summoners at lv 10ish, and soemone other than the pld the leader. Get the uncapped paladin (try to have him at a high level, high enough to take no more than 3-4 hp from mobs in the dunes)

Have the paladin attack 1 mob, a goblin works, or sheep. Then have him one by one lik as many mobs as possible. DO NOT PULL WITH AGGRESIVE MOVES, or you wont get exp do to uncapped gimp exp.

Get a good crowd of 40-50 mobs, this is where the skill comes in. Pull to the party and stand with the crowd around you.

(Note, theres a highly likely the pld will die... and lose about 200-300 exp do to level cap, lol)

Have the leader pop level sync, and all 4 summoners two hour and blow up the mobs. 3 summoners 2 houring will pretty much one shot anything, 4? Complete devastation.

You'll then get anywhere from 12K-20K, dpeending on the skill of the puller. Without signet or exp band. Then have the summoners go get their 2 hours back, campaing, besieged, ballista, whatever gets them a revitalizer, and repeat.

With this method, you can probably have a level 30-40 mule in one day, easily more if you happen to be botting... :wink:

Don;t take my word for it, go ahead and try.

Posted: October 22nd, 2008, 12:03 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can members say yay or nay to this so we may give tu bucks and/or premium. If you nay the submission remember to include as to why.

Posted: December 5th, 2008, 12:28 am

vaxthemonk

Total Posts: 379
vaxthemonk's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Idk if I still have a premium.. but yeah.

This method will not work. There are a few flaws in surviving and getting the exp.

There are many ways to improve what this guy said.. and the method he tells does work... it's just missing a few things.

It's all over other sites though.

If he can post a better explanation.. and if I'm still a member. Yey from me lol. (If I'm not, I'll make the better explanation if the guy don't come back.

Posted: December 18th, 2008, 1:23 am

ivanzypher

Total Posts: 3
ivanzypher's Reps: 0
This seems relatively unrealistic. And since it requires 2-hr abilities and time for the PLD to gather mobs, I'm not sure if this is really good for anything :/
nay

Posted: December 31st, 2008, 11:11 pm

aozora

Total Posts: 195
aozora's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
this is a widely used endgame LS methodfor meriting. they use smns and have cor's use thier 2hr's to restore the smn's 2hrs

Posted: April 14th, 2009, 3:05 am

hliwduclfsl

Total Posts: 20
hliwduclfsl's Reps: 1
Been a few months since this post, so I'll update it with the better version.

Get a 75 PLD/WAR (Or two), 5 SMN (any level), and anything at level 10-15 for a sync target (If it's a SMN, even better).

Go to Buburimu Peninsula, it's much better than Valkrum Dunes for this purpose. It's a lot less crowded, so you can gather up more mobs without stepping on the toes of any XP parties.

The Summoners and the sync target get in a party and sync to the level 10, then hide somewhere safe from aggressive monsters. The PLD then runs around and collects as many mobs as possible. As above, 40-50 is a good bunch but more is better (If you have 2 PLDs, make sure they're collecting their own separate groups)

The PLD then brings the crowd back to the group of Summoners. All Summoners fire off their 2-hour and you've got a big pile of corpses and a ton of XP, some people have claimed 20k+ in one shot.

If you brought along a second PLD, it's as simple as rinse, pop ethers for those SMNs that didn't level on the first bunch, and repeat once the second wave of mobs comes in.

From there, you can hope you get lucky with a COR's 2hour, or you can spend the time finding amusing ways to kill your sync target back down to 10 so you can do it all over again.

All the times I've seen this though, it's just been a "wham, bam, see you tomorrow" sort of thing. People get together for a half hour and a massive XP jolt then go off to do other things.

Posted: September 11th, 2009, 1:48 am

sekigah84

Total Posts: 153
sekigah84's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
The PLD is outside of the group not in the group. If he/she did it correctly there will only be one of each type of linkable mob that won't give XP. This is also a VERY widely known method of leveling. Posted on many sites.

Posted: October 14th, 2009, 11:57 pm

mc1987

Total Posts: 20
mc1987's Reps: 1
yay

Posted: September 18th, 2010, 6:20 pm

bobby_corwen

Total Posts: 17
bobby_corwen's Reps: 0
premium
yay

Posted: September 19th, 2010, 7:47 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Moving to confirmed.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online