blue large dot

Fishing Macro, Automated : FFXI Submissions

Posted: May 26th, 2004, 2:06 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
OK guys - I know you fish, now you can do it while you sleep.

See the post "play anytime..." for a lint to ACTool and [bad] instructions on how to use it.

Authors (lengthy) comments:

1) To begin, first you need to purchase or acquire a fishing rod of some sort, i suggest composite, or mithran, as they will not break when fishing for carp, or for that matter any fish up to level 70 if you do the right fish

2) Buy some bait , for moat carp you will want to buy bait such as Little Worms or Insect Balls - Little Worms can be bought at the catalyst shop in windurst waters, northern part of the zone, unlimited supply, and only cost 50 gil per stack.

3) Now, go to the menu -> config -> font colors -> and the first font color sub menu, Enter this menu and select "NPC Texts" and change it to the following:
Red -> full bar
Green -> no bar
Blue -> No bar
this is a required step as the macro needs these colors to read your fishing lines

4) Now , after you have stocked up on a bunch of bait cleared out your inventory to allow room for fishies, and walked to your fishing spot, you need to set up the macro.

Setup is as follows:

First go through the controls section, and set which keys do what things in game, and put them for the same things in the macro, DO NOT use keypad keys as ffxi has a dislike for AC Tool sending keypad keys, so, set up your configuration to use basic letters or symbols as movement.. such as mine is set up in the macros default

NOTE: MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING COMPACT SETUP < FULL SIZE WILL NOT WORK >

A = menu left, S = menu down, D = menu right, W = menu up
Y = confirm, N = cancel
the - key ABOVE your letters, not on your keypad, will work fine for menu access, i use that.

Set these keys according to your settings in macro set up, now to pick a resolution

Go to your FFXI configuration tool ( Start -> programs -> playonline -> ffxi config -> video)
now there are TWO resolution settings here, the one you need to pay attention to is your Overlay Graphics Resolution. This is the one that matters.

Set this to the resolution you want to use, this only changes the size in which your text boxes and "overlaid" menus appear.

Now go into the macro, there are 3 sections of resolution coordinates, 1280x1024, 1024x768, and 800x600

Uncomment the one you want to use: for example

//this is a commented line
this is an uncommented line

so find the resolution you want to use, UNCOMMENT those coordinates
then return to the resolution oyu DONT want to use, and COMMENT them, by putting // at the beginning of the line

a correctly commented line will show up in green while you are in AC tool

Now you are ready to start!

When you start the macro in ac tool, it pauses for 75 seconds allowing you time to get into the game on the character you want to fish with! So hurry!

After it begins, it will do all the work for you, if you need to do something while you are in game but dont want to stop your macro for more than a few minutes, type the following:

/echo PAUSE - ---- this is case sensitive, must be in capitals

after you have finished doing said things, type:

/echo START -- again , case sensitive, this will restart the macro with a new cast

Enjoy!

*My Comments*:

Hard to set up if you have no experience with this sort of thing - I'll answer what questions I can! Good Luck!

Get Macro runner (AC TOOL) @ http://forums.cameroncole.net/lite.php

Posted: May 28th, 2004, 4:19 am

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
hi, can u plz tell me where the control at? and what is keypad? does that refer to nromal keyboard?

Posted: May 28th, 2004, 3:51 pm

tault_kioto
tault_kioto's Reps:
yes, compact mode

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online