newtopic  postreply
 [ 19 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Found a a way to dupe : FFXI Submissions

Posted: August 5th, 2006, 4:26 pm

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
So, I had decided to put my expensive armor into my Mog House's Storage because I didn't have the space to hold the them for much longer. At that time, my game was extremely laggy because I was downloading a 300mb program for my father. I had noticed that while I was lagging, there seemed to be a void between My Mog Safe and My Storage. It took about 5 seconds for the item to appear in the Storage after I selected it. So I'm guessing that it was caught in a void between my Safe and Storage. But, I wasn't sure how to catch it. Then, my dog came in out of nowhere and pulled my ethernet cable right out of the slot because its partially broken. This immidiately disconnected me. When I had come back online, I had noticed that the item was in my Safe still, and I was like damnit......So then I went to open up my safe, and noticed that there was also that same item in the storage. I now had 2 of the item and I was like "Hell yes!" It was the body armor Shade +1 that my friend had lent me. I wasn't really sure what happened, so it took me a while to figure it out. But then I tried pulling out the cord as the item was in that "void" and it worked 2 more times. Unfortunately for me, the download was over, and I couldn't get it to work without the lag. But with the lag, I succefully duped an item 3 times. Worth about 1.8mil total. This is the mental picture that the whole thing created in my mind.

With lag:
{Mog Safe}-----{ VOID }-----{Mog Storage}

Without lag:
{Mog Safe}-{void}-{Mog Storage}

I just wanted to let everyone know this, and hopefully people will like it and I can get a premium account...

Posted: August 5th, 2006, 9:19 pm

mayotheknight

Total Posts: 274
mayotheknight's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
O.o Maybe we can get a confirm on this? I'll check it out in the morning.

Posted: August 5th, 2006, 11:06 pm

ivanskodje
ivanskodje's Reps:
First off; If it works, it would probably be easy for someone to make a "lag" tool (lol)
Second, if this...uhh gets out; it will probably be fixed when the next patch gets out ; ;
I'm looking forward testing it, but now im off to bed. *Drowzy eyes*

Posted: August 6th, 2006, 7:12 am

mayotheknight

Total Posts: 274
mayotheknight's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
I've tried this trying to use my firewall to create lag, no luck yet.

Posted: August 6th, 2006, 12:32 pm

lilfisher

Total Posts: 6810
lilfisher's Reps: 63
intresting at the least. lag dupes are good but as with any duping there is the item id`s that are unique per item so they can trace it. can a premium member say yay or nay on this submission

Posted: August 6th, 2006, 7:18 pm

alex2001
alex2001's Reps:
I would say nay since this is a known issue that everyone knows. No one does it since it is easily traced and it is an automatic bann once they trace the item to you. Which is easily done.

On Aug 3 , 2006
2 items appeared. No flags go off yet since you can still do the right thing and tell a GM and it might not show 2 ID's for the same person.

But as soon as you sell it
FLAG
Person A sold ID #A and still has ID #A and person B now has same ID #A. Person A gets banned end of problem.

Posted: August 6th, 2006, 7:24 pm

alex2001
alex2001's Reps:
To Create Lag go to your servers busiest city. Have your Anti Virus running and download an extremely big file. This should give you enough lag or crash the Window.

For PS2 its easy go to Walmart and buy a pc and a copy of FF11.
X BOX 360
Same thing but you also have to make a new account. I think since you can't Log in unless through your X box live connection.

Posted: August 6th, 2006, 7:25 pm

ivanskodje
ivanskodje's Reps:
alex2001 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I would say nay since this is a known issue that everyone knows. No one does it since it is easily traced and it is an automatic bann once they trace the item to you. Which is easily done.

On Aug 3 , 2006
2 items appeared. No flags go off yet since you can still do the right thing and tell a GM and it might not show 2 ID's for the same person.

But as soon as you sell it
FLAG
Person A sold ID #A and still has ID #A and person B now has same ID #A. Person A gets banned end of problem.

Okay, im a Ninja. I use utsusemi tools. I wouldnt have any problems if i copyed the tools right? (if i got the dupe to work) Since i wont sell it, only use it myself to do the ninjutsu utsusemi. :O

Unfortnely i haven't suceed yet, mostly because i dont have anything that can lagg <.< If sum1 know about a way 'EXCEPT' Downloading (which doesnt take "much" but some..) i would appriciate it. Especially if sum1 can confirm if this really works. :roll:

alex2001 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
To Create Lag go to your servers busiest city. Have your Anti Virus running and download an extremely big file. This should give you enough lag or crash the Window.

For PS2 its easy go to Walmart and buy a pc and a copy of FF11.
X BOX 360
Same thing but you also have to make a new account. I think since you can't Log in unless through your X box live connection.

I was a bit slow on the posting... <_<

Posted: August 7th, 2006, 4:47 am

chrissteven81

Total Posts: 435
chrissteven81's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
there are several programs out that will limit your bandwidth(create lag) if you set them super low you can then activate the internet lock on your firewall and crash pol.
then when you open it back sometimes you will have the item.

Posted: August 7th, 2006, 6:25 am

foxfai1
foxfai1's Reps:
I believe SE will track and ban people trying to dupe things. (somewhere in announcement a while back) Even if you successfully dupe an item, you might have a chance of tracing it back to you just like alex said.

Besides, this proves time and time again it doesn't work. (even after this has been brought out 1230120591029410295 times on this forums.)

Nay.

Posted: August 7th, 2006, 8:12 am

kourath

Total Posts: 1979
kourath's Reps: 23
Active User > 50 Posts
intresting, but chances are the whole process is pretty instable, which makes duping small items uneffecient, and if you dupe a big item, expect a ban ASAP.

nay

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: August 7th, 2006, 12:01 pm

thehurlster654
thehurlster654's Reps:
Maybe you could just dupe consumables that you are going to not sell and use up anyways. This would make rng and nin uber cheap.

Posted: August 7th, 2006, 3:31 pm

poupou
poupou's Reps:
Well i've been reading and even if its a small chance to dupe items, how do you really do it? well i know about the lag thing, i've got kaspersky and kerio personnal firewall on all the time so... i just would have to download a big sized file to get lag but where do u put the item before crashing POL & such? dont really get this part...

I guess duping my SH+1 would be too risky so...i'll try with a stack of shihei like everyone else lol. Thanks for replies.

Posted: August 8th, 2006, 5:02 pm

jarwordo
jarwordo's Reps:
duping KS would be pwn

Posted: August 8th, 2006, 5:51 pm

lilfisher

Total Posts: 6810
lilfisher's Reps: 63
2 nays 0 yays. need 1 more nay to lock or 3 yays to confirm

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online