newtopic  postreply
 [ 9 posts ] 
blue large dot

Get Lu Shang Super Fast : FFXI Submissions

Posted: January 3rd, 2008, 1:30 pm

lionhart180

Total Posts: 43
lionhart180's Reps: 2
This is actually pretty simple, but I suggest you don't do this until you've mastered the fishing minigame, or have a good fishbot that can tell you what your about to fish up.

Lure: Roque Rig

Rod : Compisite, Halcyon, or Hume

If you want to play it safe, use halcyon, since they break less often. Or if you REALLY wanna play it safe, use composite becuase it will NEVER break on carp, no matter how many you catch. If you want speed, use Hume rod, since it doubles rate you deplete any type of carp's HP.

Ok, so now where do you want to fish with this?

Well there are two places I recommend. The first, and safest yet most dangerous, is right at the dock by the two brothers for Lu shang.

The reason I say this is that it's safe in regards to the fact it's in town, so if you;re level one you won't fish up a mob accidentally and you aren't surrounded by them.

BUT using this combination of rod and lure has the possibility of catching a giant catfish, Which will snap your hume rod right in half, and will break the line of a halcyon. So unless your bot will predict the catfish and stop you from catching it, or of course you are sitting there and catching them legitly and can cancel out. (The catfish is the only fish in sandy with three !s)

Or, place number two.

Yhutungha jungle. Specifically the underground water areas. Here you can catch only 3 fish with the roque rig.

Crayfish, jungle carp and moat carp. the last two you can both trade in for lu, and none of them will break a halcyon rod or comp rod.

Though, yhuntungha is crawling with mobs, so don;t fish here unless you have a good job above 35ish or so.

Now, why is this faster?

Simple, the roque rig can catch anywhere from 1-5 fish PER cast. That adds up really fast. I can catch an entire stack and a half of moat carp in 2 minutes in yhutungha.

That's pretty fast! and because it's a lure, you never run out, unless you manage to screw up and break it. Best part, underground there aren't any arrowood logs!

If you already have Lu, this is also an excellent place to farm for cash, since moat carp sells for 3K a stack (on quetzy server) on AH, and will sell within minutes, becuase some people with tons of cash just buy their carp, instead of fishing it up, for Lu.

Happy fishing!

Posted: January 3rd, 2008, 1:51 pm

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
Will the Premium Members please vote for this...

Posted: January 3rd, 2008, 2:37 pm

jarf
jarf's Reps:
I'll vote yay. At first I was going to vote no, but I had been told that moat carp could only be caught using consumnables... finding out that i don't have to buy 40 stacks of insect paste every 2 days is going to be an awesome time saver. YAY! GO GO ROBBER RIG! lol

Posted: January 3rd, 2008, 3:43 pm

aozora

Total Posts: 195
aozora's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
!@#$%^&*. robber/rogue rigs are made for items and have a very low catch rate for actual fish. it can catch almost any fish in the game but the bite rates are abysmal. on top of that, the only lure that can catch multiples is the sabiki, which is up to 3. every fish counts towards fatigue so you tire 3 times faster, and only low level saltwater fish. if you want it really fast, get some little worms and go to bastok markets, since there are no crayfish there. that is as fast as it gets besides buying
NAY

Posted: January 3rd, 2008, 4:55 pm

waitinginshadow

1 Yay
1 Nay

Vote please

Posted: January 4th, 2008, 12:05 am

jarwordo
jarwordo's Reps:
nay because of aozora

Posted: January 4th, 2008, 4:25 am

waitinginshadow

2 Nays
1 Yay

Posted: January 4th, 2008, 4:46 am

evangile
evangile's Reps:
i just say nay cuz fish 18 carp in 2 minute is such a lie
i feel this was not tested enough

Posted: January 4th, 2008, 12:10 pm

waitinginshadow

3 Nays

Locked.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online