taultunleashed logoGoblin Die : FFXI Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

Goblin Die : FFXI Submissions

Posted: October 5th, 2005, 9:44 pm

manaianjo
manaianjo's Reps:
I do not have 100% proof on this, but I have noticed When I have a Goblin Die in my inventory Rare/Ex items seem to drop faster. I have been testing this with my linkshell for the last 2 months and everyone is in agreement that having a Goblin Die does really affect the drop rate of Rare/Ex items. Give it a shot and let me know what you think. The only reason I am posting this is because I have personally noticed a HUGE difference in the Rare/Ex drop rate. I remember reading something on this a long time ago on Allakhazam, but I can not be sure where it was posted. I am not a premium member there so I can not search the forums.

Posted: October 5th, 2005, 11:07 pm

munkei
munkei's Reps:
is it ra/ex items only? i recall reading about a guy doing research on all the luck items like 4 leaf, dice, and something else. he came to the comclusion that drop rates are almost the same with or without...but then again he was testing it on non-ra/ex items. iunno...this can be true...i gotta test this out on some ra/ex items.

Posted: October 6th, 2005, 3:26 am

manaianjo
manaianjo's Reps:
Yeah, unfortunately it is Rare/Ex only. After spending a long time (2 months) testing this theory, me and my linkshell came to this conclusion. I kinda accidentally stumbled upon this theory one day in king's tomb. Was going with a friend to farm spook and got the Orcish Scales on every other Set of bats. I think we got 5 drops on the way in. We can almost guarontee the magicked skull within 5-10 Ghouls. I got all 3 Sub Job quest items in less than 10 minutes for another member. We fought some keyholders while waiting for the torrent to spawn and got 4 Giddeus Keys in less than 5 minutes. Granted the items do not drop this fast all the time, but they drop this fast most of the time. We have been very active at testing this theory and it seems to hold water for me and my linkshell. It is still a bit random, but it seems the Drop Rate of Rare/Ex is a LOT better.

Posted: October 6th, 2005, 3:43 am

tault_elemex
tault_elemex's Reps:
Hmmm.. would be a great item to carry when camping LL and VE in that case ^^~.

Posted: October 6th, 2005, 5:16 am

bibby101313
bibby101313's Reps:
yah since they went rare/ex....

Posted: October 6th, 2005, 7:09 pm

manaianjo
manaianjo's Reps:
I was thinking the same - I just have not spent the time to camp one of those NMs yet.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online