taultunleashed logoGuide: Gain 5000+ EXP and 10-20k/hour in Crawler's Nest. : FFXI Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 1 post ] 
blue large dot

Guide: Gain 5000+ EXP and 10-20k/hour in Crawler's Nest. : FFXI Submissions

Posted: June 2nd, 2004, 4:26 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Gain 5000+ EXP and 8-20k/hour in Crawler's Nest
(most effective level 36-39 going onto 40)

Personally, I love this method. It's quick and easy.

Okay.. as some of you may know, there is a monster called "Guardian Crawler" that spawns in the first room with all the Maze Lizards upon entering CN and continually going straight, forward. To spawn the Guardian Crawler, one must trade a Rolanberry to the basket on the base of the little jut of land you drop down from the upper level of CN. Once traded, a Guardian Crawler will spawn in the hallway to the immediate left. It's seeable from the location.

This Guardian Crawler is the key to exp... it's pretty much buying rolanberries - "paying" for exp. The Guardian gives very nice exp - at level 39 I was getting about 180exp on normal kills and 200exp+ chains. It's surprisingly easy to beat as well .. my static party of a WHM - THF - RNG - BLM - RDM - WAR had no problem defeating it - infact, it's difficulty was pretty similar to normal IT Worker Crawlers. And.. also very much easier than Nest Beetles during this level range!

Okay .. now for formulas.

Say you buy about 30 rolanberries.

At my level (40 at the time)

185exp * 30 = 54000exp. VERY easy exp. unless your party is COMPLETE nonsense, obviously. :) Also, the Guardian Spawns in it's own hallway (location stated earlier), therefore eliminating the chance of [b]Worker Crawlers[/b] linking! Another reason why Guardian Crawlers are very ideal.

And the cost?

Rolanberry at the A & M Market in Upper Jeuno: 120g

120g * 30= only 3600g. (You can chip in as a party to reduce cost and highten PROFIT explained next)

Only 3.6k for 5400exp!

Time

From calculating data from multiple parties I've been in (Ranged from normal - good) an AVERAGE level 36-39 party takes about 2:00 to kill a Guardian Crawler. (Higher levels and party strength DO factor - again this is just the AVERAGE party) Then.. resting about 1 minute.

2:00 + 1:00 = 3:00 time not fighting.

So, after all the math... that means an average of 20-30 rolanberries/Guardians can be killed PER HOUR.

Now... 54000exp with an AVERAGE PARTY. Nice! And with a better party.. even better results!

Oh - and here's the bonus.

Each time the Guardian Crawler drops a "Rolanberry 881". These can be sold to a Quest NPC in Selbina named Vuntar in H-9 of Selbina.) for 880gil each. So.. think about it. say you get about 10 from 30 rolanberries.

800gil * 10= a quick and easy 8000gil. :) If you kill faster with a superb party.. then you can get up to 20k profit! A guaranteed profit from fighting - unlike Worker Crawlers.

Enjoy! I LOVED using this method during my days leveling off Worker Crawlers during levels 36-40 in Crawlers Nest! Plus I made a nifty amount of gil. ^^

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online