taultunleashed logoGuide: Levels 1-30 moneymaking, farming, and exping : FFXI Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 1 post ] 
blue large dot

Guide: Levels 1-30 moneymaking, farming, and exping : FFXI Submissions

Posted: November 4th, 2004, 3:37 am

tault_hippieflip
tault_hippieflip's Reps:
Note: This is my first guide here so it is going towards a free premium. I never charge for any submitions i make. This guide is geared for all players. From the newbies to the old-timers. This guide has stuff that can benefit all players. Also please note that I never charge for guides and I never have and never will. =D

Sand'oria
1-4 West or East Ronfaure Rabbits, Ding Bats, and worms.
-Grab four rabbit hides and an earth crystal. Use the earth crystal with four of your hides to synthesize a rabbit mantle for you character if you are not a White or Black mage.
-Also save up those bat wings, believe it or not they are useful. Turn in 2 of them to Secodiand in North Sand'oria and you get 200 gil plus a minor fame raise, 1/10 a fame level I believe. Note: this quest is repeatable and you do get Sand'oria fame and 200 gil every time.
5-10 Ghelsba Outpost Orcs
-I can't ephasize killing Orcs enough. Grab signet and kill them till about level 10. Farm as many fire crystals as you can. They sell from anywhere between 2 and 4 thousand gil a stack on the AH.
Bastok-
1-5 South Gustaberg Bees, Worms, Quadavs
-Bees and Quadavs are going to be your biggest money makers here. Bees drop beehive chips which go anywhere between 2 and 7 thousand gil a stack at the AH. Quadavs drop Quadav Backplates which are used for a one-time quest and also sell from anywhere between 500 gil to 1000 gil on the AH.
5-7 Vomp Hill Bees, Quadavs, Lizards
-Same thing here, kill Quadavs and bees. Also, if you're up for it grab a pick axe and mine for ores in Zeruhn. The ores you will definetly want to keep are iron, zinc, and yes, copper. Copper you will simply want because you can raise gold smithing with it. Just keep it in stacks and store in your MH.
7-10 Furmaroles Lizards, Goblins, Land Crabs, Bees, Quadavs
-Almost the same money making plan as before except now goblins come into play. Goblins drop fire crystals. As I stated earlier fire crystals go for anywhere between 2 and 4 thousand gil on the AH. If you had mined earlier you may want to raise your gold smithing skill by crafting copper ores into ingots. The recipe is 1 fire crystal and 4 copper ores. A stack of ingots sells anywhere between 4 and 10 thousand gil on the AH.
Windurst-
1-6 East Saruta Baruta Rarabs, Mandragoras, Yagudos, Crawlers
-Windurst is in my opinion the best place for early level farming. Your character will want to kill crawlers. Crawlers drop silk thread. A stack of silk thread sells anywhere between 8 and 12 thousand gil on the AH. Note: This is a great money maker, don't forget about it. Also, an earth crystal and four rabbit hides makes a rabbit mantle, a nice addition to a level four character that is not a mage.
6-9 West Saruta Baruta Goblins, Crawlers, Yagudo, Bees
-Again you can sell the beehive chips you get from bees and the stacks of fire crystals you obtain from Goblins, but by this time you should have aquired enough money from selling stacks of silk thread that you will be well on your way.
9-10 Outer Horutoto Ruins Cardians, Goblins, Bombs
-Farm the Goblins fire crystals if you want to make minor increments of money while leveling, but again don't forget your crawlers, which should be relatively easy to kill by now.
All Nations-
10-20 Valkurm Dunes Lizards, Goblins, Snippers, Goblins, Pugils
-Valkurm Dunes is quite a trek for all nations but it is farthest for Windurst. Coming to Valkurm is well worth it though. All in all if you used smart farming methods and other money makers you, and your equipment, will be ready for Valkurm. Note: if you plan on finding parties fast here it is reccomended that you have a full set of up-to-date equipment if you don't have a support job. My primary method for making money at this level was logging, as in a lumberjack, for elm logs in Ghelsba Outpost of Sand'oria. They are not super rare and fetch a high price and usually sell about as fast as a stack of fire crystals. Elm logs sell for 4 to 6 thousand gil at the AH each. This is possibly the single best moneymaker aside from NM camping for level 10-30 characters. Note: All monsters listed in the "All Nations" section are killed in the order they are listed.
20-25 Qufim Island Landworms, Clippers, Giants
-Now your going to want to start making a ton of money for all the plus one beetle gear and that new set of chainmail. The fastest way of doing this is probably camping Leaping Lizzy in South Gustaberg by the Furmaroles, she drops leaping boots that sell for around 350 thousand gil at the AH. From past experiences I have noticed that they have a 1/8 chance of dropping. I would not reccomend camping leaping lizzy at this level unless you are a thief/ranger. The common moneymaker for this level is buying a stack of hatchets and logging as many elm logs as you possible can. This can net a quick 35 thousand gil plus.
25-30 Yhutunga and Yhoator Jungles Mandragoras, Lizards, Goblins
-Ok, you almost have the ability to unlock advanced jobs. At this point in the game I don't think I really need to guide you any further on how to make money. Note: Go to Yhoator Jungle at 27 and these two jungles are next to Khazam.

After you reach 30 you will basically start over considering that the majority of players will want an advanced job. Good Luck!
Elorhir,
Cerberus

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online