taultunleashed logohooking up and configuring your controller : FFXI Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

hooking up and configuring your controller : FFXI Submissions

Posted: August 5th, 2005, 1:39 pm

greenspot
greenspot's Reps:
How to hookup and configure your controller.
In this guide I will show you how to hookup a controller (regular PS2 or USB) and how to configure it.

1. Option one
2. Option two
3. Configuration
4. Controller Commands

1. Option one:
Regular PS2 controller- (least amount of money if you already have a ps2 controller)
Hookup: first go out and buy a PSX TO USB connector, for about $15 (Radioshack, Bestbuy, or maybe even target/walmart might have one- be sure to call around first though) This will allow you to hookup your controller to a USB port in your computer. Open up the package and there should be a floppy, slide it into your floppy drive and install the connector. See configuration.

2. Option two:
USB Controller: (probably about $30 but good if you don’t already have a ps2 controller also a good option if your hands are too big for a ps2 controller)
Almost all electronic stores carry these, you should have no problem finding one. (Careful though, some of my friends said the instructions for a few models were all Japanese, lol)
Follow the instructions. Chances are all you need to do is install it with a cd or floppy, and most likely you will be able to configure the controls right from the install, but just incase---
See configuration.

3. Configuration:
ok now that you have a controller plugged in, its time to configure it.
Start > programs > Play Online > Final Fantasy XI > Final Fantasy XI Config

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Once you have opened up the FFXI configuration, under the general tab, there should be something that says “Gamepad Settings” near the lower left hand corner. Click on it.

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Change your window to look like mine (im not using force feed back because it kept on crashing FFXI for me) Now, under Direction Control Devices, there should be three buttons- Movement, Camera and Menus. Click on Movement. with the analog on the left, move it to the forward position and click X on the controller. Now it should say another direction. Point the analog in that direction and click X. Proceed to do this with the other two directions. After your all done specifying directions, click OK and then ok agian. You now have the ability to move in game with the left analog. Next click on Camera. do the same thing you did in movement except with the right analog. Now click Menus, do the same thing as you did in movement except with the D-pad on your controller. Your controller should now be set up and ready to go. Near the bottom right hand corner of the window there should be a button that reads Test Gamepad. Click on it. Now you can click all the buttons on your controller, and move the analogs around to see if they work. If they do work- Congratulations! Your ready to play in game with your controller. See controller commands. (However, if it doesn’t work, try re-reading the configuration. Im sorry if Im confusing you.)

4. Controller commands
#1 R1 - takes screen shot in sc mode (see #10)
#2 R2 - opens up ALT macros
#3 L1 - turns on auto run while running
#4 L2 - opens up CTRL macros
#5 Triangle - expands chat window
#6 O - Cancel
#7 Square - Opens menu
#8 X - confirm
#9 Start - temporary logout
#10 Select- open SC mode
#11 Analog button - activates the analogs for use
#12 Right analog - moves the camera
#13 Right analog button - (to activate push down on the right analog until you here a click) puts you In first person view.
#14 Left analog - moves your character
#15 Left analog button - (to activate push down on the left analog until you here a click) puts you in healing mode.
#16 D-pad up - moves up in menus
#17 D-pad Right - moves right in menus/ selects a different targeted mob
#18 D-pad Left - moves left in menus/ selects a different targeted mob
#19 D-pad Down - moves down in menus

Would this be worth a premium account? thank you.

Posted: August 5th, 2005, 2:22 pm

asl18fs

Total Posts: 2707
asl18fs's Reps: 1
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
premium
Did you know large parts of this is explained in the FFXI manual? Anyway, might be useful to someone. I dunno. ^^;

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online