newtopic  postreply
 [ 25 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

How to DO the antipatch : FFXI Submissions

Posted: December 11th, 2007, 5:08 pm

lionhart180

Total Posts: 43
lionhart180's Reps: 2
(((EDITED PLEASE GO TO BOTTOM FOR VIDEO)))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Okay. I'll try and explain this again. If people are still having trouble I'll make a video of it =/

First I'll cover soem of the problems.

NO it does not need to be a fresh install. A fresh install will just give you a longer update, thus more time to fool around.

You merely need an update available.

Second, You cannot sign in with both account sat once. you must wait for the first account to ALREADY BE UPDATING before even opening windower the second time.

THIRD only glitches involving client side stuff will work.

Finally. Some other interesting stuff I've noticed. I've already duped tons of stuff, and for some reason I have not a single GM watching over my back.

Which is weird, because I have like 15 of the same item at the moment... o.o

Thus, I have come to the conclusion that either A SE is watching me and waiting to see what the full extent of this problem could be...

Or B, You're invisible to everyone while doing this. why do I believe this?

No one seems to be responding to me when I do this. My linkshell members seem to be ignoring me and no one /tells me... which is unusual because I'm pretty popular and have lots of friends on ffxi, and am normally bombarded with tells as soon as I log in...

Realizing this, I CAN dupe an item, then log in and out, thus deactivating the trick. then have a million GMs on em at once. Or I can just go an NPC sell them. Which I do.

Okay, so as a last thing, here's how I'm running FFXI and POL atm.

Windows Vista version of POL, XP version of FFXI. I have Vista version of POL running under admin mode, and have all my blocking stuff turned off so I don't get annoying pop ups every time I open something.

I have XP version of windower, being run under XP SP2 version, same with ffxi.

this may be whats messing up everything. To do this, if you already haven't, right click on ffxi and go to properties. then go to the compatibility tab, and set it to run under XP SP2.

Do the same for windower, and have both set to run as admin automatic. Basic stuff, but may be what causes my weird stuff to happen.

So, reply to the original post, and can someone at least give me the ability to reply to my own posts? Making an entire new topic just to reply is really getting annoying =/

OK you guys, I spent an hour and a half setting up this video =/

It shows exactly how I do the bypass, luckily there was an update today, but only 180 files so I didn't have time to show you much, just a quick dupe of 1 gysahl green into... 4! =D

Every time the screen flickers it's because I had to reset the crappy trail screen recorder I used. Thing could only record in like 20 second bites after 3 records DX

Anywho, I seriously hope I at least get a a little bit of TU bucks for going through all the effort to show you guys all of this. I could've very well just kept it to myself =P

http://www.sharebig.com/share.php?id=s10jrunxjktnPDjpT

Enjoy =P

If this still doesn't seem to be enough, I dunno. =/

In reply to how to skip the patch, I don't. As soon as the second update hits 100%, instead of downloading it just skips to ffxi, I don't click, or touch anything.

It just.. skips it =/ Right when it says skip forward again, that's when the update cancels itself and suddenly loads up ffxi. I have no idea what does that, but what you see is exactly what I do.

*shrugs* maybe it has somethign to do with my computer, and only a select group of people with certain computers can do this... =/

I'm sorry if this doesn't seem to work for you guys ; ;

Last edited by lionhart180 on December 13th, 2007, 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: December 11th, 2007, 7:02 pm

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
Lion, do us a favor, and make a video of you doing this. IF I see it in a video (in a new post) I'll pass it on to the Admin who can in turn either grant you premium or exclusive rights to reply to that chat.

In the mean time, you CAN edit your original post. You just can not reply in the thread.

Posted: December 11th, 2007, 9:30 pm

jarf
jarf's Reps:
What dupe method are you using? Delivery box?

Posted: December 11th, 2007, 10:27 pm

jarf
jarf's Reps:
Just did all as described with my friend's laptop on Vista... no results. When you say change FFXI to XP compatibility do you mean the polboot file in the FFXI folder?

Posted: December 11th, 2007, 11:15 pm

jarf
jarf's Reps:
Tried for ~2 hours to get this update bypass to work... still no luck. Please be more specific about it.

Posted: December 12th, 2007, 2:24 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: December 12th, 2007, 3:25 pm

vaxthemonk

Total Posts: 379
vaxthemonk's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
How can he be any more specific about this? This is what I'm getting from his posts:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
1.) Log into an account that needs to be updated... start updating
2.) Log into a 2nd account that also requires the update
3.) You won't be required to update account #2. -> log in.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by vaxthemonk on December 12th, 2007, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: December 12th, 2007, 3:48 pm

jarf
jarf's Reps:
Well seeing as how I have tried your previously summarized method and it did not work at all, I asked for clarification.

Posted: December 12th, 2007, 4:14 pm

vaxthemonk

Active User > 50 Posts
Well, I tried this out... I can not get it to function either.

After waiting for the first account(#1) to being the update, I log into my seccond account(#2).

From POL, I shortcut to FFXI on #2 and click <P>.

From here, it proceeds to the "You need to update" page.

I'm on Windows XP.

Posted: December 12th, 2007, 4:55 pm

terrahffxi
terrahffxi's Reps:
nay

Posted: December 12th, 2007, 4:57 pm

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
Terra, not accepting that nay... You didn't give a single reason, so it's a worthless comment (no offense). Please provide a reason or it's not going to be accepted.

Posted: December 12th, 2007, 5:32 pm

jarf
jarf's Reps:
I'm staying neutral until OP replies, but I'm looking towards Nay at this point.

Posted: December 12th, 2007, 6:37 pm

vaxthemonk

Active User > 50 Posts
I am leaning towards nay as well.. no one but the OP can get this to "work"...

Posted: December 12th, 2007, 6:55 pm

jarf
jarf's Reps:
So the 2nd account does actually go through a bit of the update process... From your post I assumed it skipped it completely... trying this again tonight. Will post results around 2AM EST.

Posted: December 13th, 2007, 12:23 am

jarf
jarf's Reps:
Followed the video exactly and all I get is a HDD error. I'm starting to think this is a hoax. After watching the video... the OP updated from the current version to the patched version today. That means he was bypassing the patch and playing on the version that we were all on before today... a version where dupe has been fixed. I've spent ~8 hours the past 2 days attempting to copy this with absolutely no luck

NAY from me.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online