taultunleashed logoHow To Level Cooking To 40 REally Quick : FFXI Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

How To Level Cooking To 40 REally Quick : FFXI Submissions

Posted: November 11th, 2004, 9:00 am

tault_led zeppelin
tault_led zeppelin's Reps:
Here it is: (hoping for unleashed account please)

Ok, cooking is WAY more expensive to level than fishing. I recommend doing something else and only cooking when you have a nice wad set out to really do it on. If you do that, you can level cooking up pretty fast (I got cooking to lvl 40 in 4 days, with maybe 2 hours a day spent).

Level 0-3
Item : Carrot Broth.
Recipe : 1 Water Crystal + 4 Sandorian Carrots (33 gil each in sandoria)

You get 4 broths. These will do nothing but cost money. The broths sell back to the vendors for 15 gil each, and they don't sell on the AH at all because they can be made with level 0. But they level you up fast.

Level 3-11
Item: Sliced Sardines
Recipe: 1 Wind Crystal + 1 Bastore Sardine (catch them yourself if you fished)

You get 2 sliced sardines. These do sell on the ah, and will make you some profit. Personally, I had enough fame in windurst that I just sold them to the guild and took a minor loss to get them out of my inventory, but you can sell them and make some money back.

Make sure at level 8-10 sometime you do the cookin test, you will can not get past level 10 cooking. It will be a Salmon Sub.
Recipe for Sub: 1 Earth Crystal + 1 Crying Mustard + 1 Apple Vinegar + 1 Black Bread + 1 La Theine Cabbage + 1 Smoked Salmon + 1 Mithran Tomato.
You can buy all these at the cooking guild, or you can just buy a complete sub for like 400 more. Up to you.

Level 11 - 20
Item: Selbina Butter
Recipe: 1 Ice Crystal + 1 rock salt + 1 selbina milk (bought from selbina for super cheap)

You get 4 butters. You will end up with LOTS of butter. By the time you get done with this, you will HATE butter. You will hate selbina by its association to the butter. I had like 70 stacks of butter at one point and was having to sell it at a loss to the vendors to avoid just throwing it away. This butter won't sell to anyone, since the only people who need it can make it themselves. You'll want to keep about 10 stacks though, and what you do with the rest is up to you.

Make sure to do the 18-20 cooking test. It will be pea soup.
Recipe for Pea Soup: 1 Fire crystal + 1 Wild Onion + 1 Dried Manjoram + 1 Distilled water + 3 Blue Peas.

Level 20 - 29
Item: Insect Balls
Recipe: 1 Earth Crystal + 1 Millicorn + 1 Distilled water + 1 Little Worm

You get 12 Insect Balls from this recipe. This will be the first recipe you can make a good profit on. The items are ultra cheap to get, and you'll end up spending like 130 gil to make a stack of balls that sell for 300-500 on the auction house. Also, because they're so cheap you won't lose much when you explode your materials (and you will). Insect Balls are one of the fastest sells on the AH, and they also are very good to put into a bazaar and leave running.

Once again, cooking test time. The 28-30 item is Vegitable Gruel. I recommend buying this item just because its a pain to make, but if you don't want to spend the extra gil....
Recipe for Gruel: 1 fire crystal + 1 Beaugreens + 1 Distilled Water + 1 Rarab Tail + 1 Frost Turnip + 1 Chamomile + 1 Sandorian Flour.

Level 29 - 33
Item - Black Bread
Recipe: 1 Fire Crystal + 1 Distilled Water + 1 Rock Salt + 1 Rye Flour

You get 4 breads from this. You can technically get to level 34 on the bread, but from 33-34 it gets so slow that its not worth the wait. You sell these to the vendor for a small loss.

Level 33-37
Item: Pet Food Delta
Recipe: 1 Earth Crystal + 1 Land Crab Meat + 1 Bird Egg + 1 Distilled Water + 1 Rye Flour

You get 6 pet foods from this, and you will sell them to vendors at a profit, so this is a good place to be. The crab meat is expensive, but other than that its a cheap recipe that you get easy levels on and no real money spent (since you do get a profit).

Level 37-42
Item: Pie Dough
Recipe: 1 Water Crystal + 1 Selbina butter (that you hopefully saved) + 1 Rock salt + 1 Sandorian Flour

You get 4 Pie doughs from this.That means if you saved 10 stacks of butter, you have enough butter for 40 stacks of dough (assuming you don't blow up any, which you will. You won't need 40 dough, or you'll have the same problem you did with butter early on).

Don't forget the cooking test at 38-40. The item it wants is a mithkabob, which at lvl 38 you can make safely. Warning, mithkabobs are pretty expensive to make, so its alot better to just buy one for 200 gil from someones bazaar or on the ah, than to make a stack, but heres the recipe
Recipe for Mithkabobs: 1 Fire crystal + 1 Cockatrice Meat + 1 Mhaura Garlic + 1 Wild Onion + 1 Kazham Pepper. Yield is 12 mithkabobs.

Level 42-46
Item Apple Pies
Recipe: 1 Fire Crystal + 1 Faerie Apple + 1 Lizard egg + 1 Cinnamon + 1 Maple Sugar + 1 Pie dough (that you already made).
You get 4 apple pies from this recipe. This is the uber mage food until melon pies. Gives +25 mp, +3 int for a half hour real time. They don't sell too amazingly fast though, so make these slowly as you need them unless you plan to sell at a loss or eat them yourself.

Level 46-50
Item: Apple Pies
Recipe: 1 Fire Crystal + 1 Faerie Apple + 1 Bird egg + 1 Cinnamon + 1 Maple Sugar + 1 Pie dough
Yes, its nearly the same recipe. There are 2 recipes for apple pie that cap at different levels. The lizard egg one caps at 48, the bird egg one at 50. Switching lets you keep getting fast skillups longer.

Now the lvl 48-50 guild item is an apple pie. I already have the recipe, so I won't bother again.

That is how you level cooking up to level 50 cheap and quickly. I'm only level 50, so I won't tell any further than this. You can also make pineapple juice at this level, and most low level foods that people want. I personally recommend doing fishing to support your other crafts, but some people don't like fishing, so you can do whatever you want. There are also other ways to go about leveling up on both guides, but this is what I did, and this is what I figured was the cheapest to do.

Posted: November 11th, 2004, 10:57 am

tault_demonofstupity
tault_demonofstupity's Reps:
ok?

Posted: November 17th, 2004, 6:26 pm

tault_elemex
tault_elemex's Reps:
i would suggest a full guide, and we gotta ask admin for xunleashed's membership.

Posted: November 17th, 2004, 8:00 pm

tault_demonofstupity
tault_demonofstupity's Reps:
if you remake this guide to list all items used, prices where to buy them, then breakdown of costs, gains, losses. then possible alts at different levels, then you would get a membership. also make it go from 1-100.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online