taultunleashed logoLevel 9 fame everywhere and level 4-5 fame in norg. : FFXI Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 18 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Level 9 fame everywhere and level 4-5 fame in norg. : FFXI Submissions

Posted: September 2nd, 2004, 12:50 am

tault_joiny
tault_joiny's Reps:
*Don't know if this got saved or not so I decided to repost it.*

************Sandoria, Selbina, Rabao, Bastok.*****************

What you want to do is save up some money (you need at least 20k-30k, have 200k available to do this in only 1 run or so) and go out and buy 25 stacks of Boyahda Moss. Once you have 25 stacks (or only a few, you can always run to the AH or anywhere to get some more if you don't have 200k on hand) you want to go to Selbina and do the "Only the Best" Quest for Melyon. He will give you 600 gil for each Boyahda Moss.

Make a macro for trading items one at a time:
/targetnpc
/item "Boyahda Moss" <t> (doesn't have to be Boyahda Moss)

Now spam the macro and spam enter (he talks for 2 "enters" after you give him the Boyahda Moss)

25 Stacks of Boyahda moss is less than 8k usually, so lets just say it's 8k:
25 stacks * 8k = 200k
25 stacks * 7200 (amount you get back from trading) = 180k

Total cost for level 9 fame in 4 cities? 200-180= 20k.

Note: Boyahda Moss drops off Gobbues, I've only verified that they drop off them in the Sanctuary of Zi'Tah

Recap for this section:
-Make the macro above.
-Buy 25 stacks of Boyahda Moss.
-Go to Selbina and trade them with the macro to Melyon.
-Yay level 9 fame!

**************Windurst, Mhaura, Kazham********************

First we wait until Bastok is in Second place. When it is, we start our runs. Now we go to Harmodios in Bastok Markets in the Music Shop at (K-10). We buy the max amount of Cornettes that you can (253 gil with 0 fame in Bastok, 219~ gil with 9 fame in Bastok) and we go back to Windurst Walls and trade one Cornette at a time to Yoran-Oran at (E-5) in his house. Repeat this quest until you've traded 300 or so cornettes. (at max carrying capacity, that's 50 cornettes in your inventory, and 80 in your mog house. 130 or so each run comes to less than 3 runs, or 50 a run comes out to 6 runs).

Yoran-Oran gives you 200 gil each.
219gil*300=65700gil
200*300=60000gil
Total cost for level 9 fame in 3 places: 65700-60000=5700gil.

Recap for this section:
-Make the same macro, Replacing Boyahda Moss with Cornette.
-Buy Cornettes in Bastok Markets at (K-10) from Harmondios.
-Go to Windurst Walls at (E-5) and trade them with the macro to Yoran-Oran.
-Repeat until you've traded 300 Cornettes.

**************************Jeuno***********************

Hah! This one is easy, once you have level 9 fame in all the places above....you have Level 9 fame here!

YAY!

**************************Norg************************
This will be the most expensive fame you do...however, once you make the initial investment, you can do the scroll quests and those will recover your gil and give you a profit.

Note:This will only get you to level 5-6 fame, which will give you access to all quests in Norg. If you feel like you must have level 9 fame in Norg, continue trading zinc ores (as mentioned soon).

Phew...this is gonna be hard.
Now, we have to do a prerequisite quest for this one. Go to Talib in Port Bastok in the warehouse at (F-6). Talk to him, and go through the cutscene. Trade him a zinc ore (you'll be buying these in the masses later) and get a key item. Now go to Bastok Mines and talk to Parragoh at (H-5) of the lower level of Bastok Mines.
Prereq done.

Now go around and buy all the zinc ore you can from everywhere really...and start trading Talib 4 zinc ores at a time. Zinc sells for 200-400 on my server, and you need to repeat this about 100-130 times. So you need about 400-520 zinc ores.

300*400=120k, lots of gil :/
300*500=150k, bah!

The thing is once you do this, to earn back your money, YOU MUST DO ALL THE SCROLL QUESTS IN NORG. Allakhazam (not the greatest guides in the world) has them all listed and usually under the quests you can find comments from other people on how to do them correctly.

Level 4 fame in Norg will get you access to all the scroll quests, (I reccommend doing the lowever level fame scroll quests before doing Utsu:ni quest and etc.)

Once you do do all the scroll quests, I made about 230k on my server, so you should expect a return of 200-250k on your server. Which gives you a 50-100k profit...which is not bad if you have the initial investment money.

If you want to gain level 9 fame in norg, just continue trading ores until you've done the quest 300 times (1200 zinc ores).

There is an alternative of trading 4 Yagudo necklaces at a time to Nanaa Mihgo at (J-3) in Windurst Woods. I've found that the zinc ore quest does more for you fame wise...but it's really personal opinion.

Recap:
-Do the initial quest.
-Buy lots of zinc ores.
-Trade them 4 at a time.
-Repeat until you die.(or until the level of fame you want has been achieved) (I felt like shooting myself after doing this).

If you do all of this, the total cost is 20k+5700+150k=175700gil for level 9 fame in all places except norg, and level 4-6 fame in norg. Once you do the scroll quests in Norg, you will make 200-250k selling the scrolls at the AH. 200k-175700=24300 gil. So you actually make a profit. Sweet.

*************Attributions and Considerations**************

While I did write this guide myself, I got some of the ideas from other sites and friends. I did go through and get my fame this way and found it to be the easiest way there is.
I would like to give partial credit to:
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com
http://ffxi.somepage.com
My friends who loaned me some money to do the norg quests and also kept my spirits up while I went around buying zinc ore from every available bazaar, Auction House, and people who shout in Jeuno.

Thank you for reading, and good luck getting your fame!

Posted: September 2nd, 2004, 12:54 am

tault_joiny
tault_joiny's Reps:
forgot to add that this is for the upgraded account, not money...if you decide to give me anything at all, please respond with feedback if you like the guide/hate it/want to kill me/ whatever.

Posted: September 2nd, 2004, 1:43 am

tault_demonofstupity
tault_demonofstupity's Reps:
not exactly information that isn't well known >.>

Posted: September 3rd, 2004, 9:42 am

tault_joiny
tault_joiny's Reps:
Well I don't know how "well known" it is...I just posted it in case people didn't know how to get fame easily...

I helped a lot of people get fame this way and they didn't know about it...

But if you say it's well known, I guess it is.

Posted: September 8th, 2004, 6:19 am

tault_jehebus01
tault_jehebus01's Reps:
Good guide..I need clarification on norg fame and this is a great guide...Thanks..

Posted: September 9th, 2004, 5:45 pm

tault_gork
tault_gork's Reps:
Wait, you can get both Bastok and Sandy fame for one quest?

Posted: September 9th, 2004, 5:53 pm

tault_demonofstupity
yea >.>

Posted: September 10th, 2004, 12:04 am

tault_joiny
tault_joiny's Reps:
jehebus01 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Good guide..I need clarification on norg fame and this is a great guide...Thanks..

Which part do you need clarification on?

*So glad some people find this usefull*

Posted: September 10th, 2004, 2:45 am

tault_spongeh
tault_spongeh's Reps:
demonofstupity (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
not exactly information that isn't well known >.>

Actually, alot of people don't know where to find this type of information, so they turn to sites like these. It's a great guide in my opinion although I do know about most of this stuff. Keep in mind that some people are not new to the game, but some people are, so this would be a good guide for those people who are just joining the game and want to know how to level fame easily.

I just want to add my experience with the Windy Coronette fame quest. I haven't been able to purchase coronette's unless Bastok was in 1st.

Posted: September 10th, 2004, 3:27 am

tault_demonofstupity
http://ffxi.somepage.com/fame.php
http://www.tault.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=22683#22683
pretty much everything you need to know

Posted: September 11th, 2004, 12:17 am

tault_joiny
tault_joiny's Reps:
Spongeh: I believe you can buy cornettes when bastok is in second place also.

Posted: September 11th, 2004, 6:31 am

tault_spongeh
tault_spongeh's Reps:
demonofstupity (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
http://ffxi.somepage.com/fame.php
http://www.tault.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=22683#22683
pretty much everything you need to know

As I said, not everyone is going to know this information.

Posted: September 12th, 2004, 1:42 am

tault_joiny
tault_joiny's Reps:
demonofstupity: Do you look down on people writing guides?

I mean....I wrote this guide for the new people who want to gain fame, the lazy people who want to find it all in one place, and the old people who don't already know about these quests.

Also, I already named the link you put in your post at the bottom of mine.

Posted: September 12th, 2004, 5:38 am

tault_demonofstupity
no i don't, JUST DON'T ASK FOR A FREE MEMBERSHIP.

Posted: September 12th, 2004, 9:11 am

tault_joiny
tault_joiny's Reps:
Meh, I wrote the guide, I didn't see it posted anywhere else on the site, it said if you wrote a guide or had a macro you could submit it for free membership. I figured what the hell, why not. You could have just said that we won't give you free membership for this, instead of making snide remarks.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online