Leveling those weapons that fell behind. : FFXI Submissions

Posted: July 31st, 2004, 8:12 am

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
For Cash or Unleashed Account

First off let me say a lot of information is rehashed in hopes of getting a free account. That being said if this has been noted on this site I'm sorry for wasteing your time. But i went through and did not see anything on this.

For those weapons that you are able to use, but haven't been able to cap them for your current level just equip them and start at an area where you leveled you chacther and fight the mobs there. Now I know what your saying my level 20++ charcther fighting in the noob area. Well i play a BLM and to say the least I hadn't capped my staff or club since i'm in the back most of the time. Taking out my melee jobs and wanting to make sure they weren't gimped when I sub for my advance jobs. I noticed how the mobs read when i'd do a check. Easy, Decent Challenge, Even Challenge, Tough and so forth for my level. But the interestiing thing came about when i would change weapons so i could level then. I found out that defense and evasion were dependent on your weapon level. Just try it without attacking the Mob. High Defense gave the quickest gains for meelee and High Evasion for Archery skills and Markmanship. Now when the Mobs were not going to give any xp for weapons it would read Low Defense and Low Evasion. Try and you'll go Wow I did. Also what a mob reads on defense and evasion affects how much xp you recieve after the battle do to your weapon. An mob that cons regular to you without high or low evasion and defense give what ever xp it is supose to but and xp if it's high or subtracts it if it says low. With that said if xp isn't what your after when leveling weapons the those to low to be worthwhile will increase those weapon level and gradually move from noob starting area to other leveling areas where you can take the mobs easily even if they still read to low to be worthwhile, so the you could solo it.

Deajua on Pheniox server
31BLM/17WHM/6RDM/7WAR/6BST/4SAM/1BRD/1THF/1RNG/1MNK

Posted: July 31st, 2004, 8:32 am

tault_demonofstupity
tault_demonofstupity's Reps:
deleted your double post.

Posted: July 31st, 2004, 8:33 am

tault_demonofstupity
tault_demonofstupity's Reps:
the cap for a weapon is also x3 the level of said monster. i just go equip a life belt and wail on stuff in qufim for awhile then join a skill up pt.

Posted: July 31st, 2004, 9:54 am

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Thanks did'nt know that little secret but as a mage we have to be very careful when soloing.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online