blue large dot

Misc Ways to make Gil. : FFXI Submissions

Posted: April 24th, 2004, 7:13 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Buy spells from the NPC and sell them on the AH. Many spells can earn you 500 - 1k per sale, and sell fairly fast. Works even better if you get several characters doing this. Sandoria is a good place to do it since the MH, AH, and spell vendor are all very close to each other.

Create a list of what items each guild buys, and how much they pay for these items, then check the AH for those items being sold under the cost. A few examples Items I often find I can buy and sell for more at the guild are Horn Ring, Gloves, Bone Hairpin, Beetle Mask, Lizard Ladelsons, Spartha or Sapara(whatever that sword was), etc. Prices go up and down depending on how many of that item a guild has in stock

A few spells often sell for less on the AH than the npcs offer.
Sneak, Invis, Bind or Blind whichever is higher level, Silence, Foe Lullaby. Most spells that drop will sell for less on the AH than the NPC is willing to pay.

Buy 12 single items and turn them into a stack and resell for more. Many crafting items will sell for more in a stack of 12, such as lizard skins and beetle jaws for example often go for 400-500 each, yet a stack can go for up to 8k. Its very easy to find out what items you can buy and turn into a stack to sell for more, just check the AH a lil on the price history.

Buy stacks of items and sell the single items for more on the AH (works great if you have more than 1 character selling) Many items, especially quest items, will sell for alot more single than they will as a stack. Ram Leather, Dhalmel Leather, Silk Cloth are examples of this, all these sell well in jueno with the gobbie bag quest.

Hit the guild at opening hours and buy out all the stocks of the items people need - saruta cotton, cotton threads, ash lumber, etc, then put them either in the AH, or in your bazaar and stand in the shop for a while. Guild prices go up and down depending on how much was sold recently. If no one has bought for a few days and their stock gets full prices become low and you can get grass threads for 45 each. If you were to buy a whole bunch of grass threads that day and sell them out of stock, next time the shop opens they would cost around 100 each. And you could easily sell your stacks on the AH or in bazaar. Always check the going rates before doing this.

Easy way to get Clothing up to 52. Work on the various fletchings. Get your clothing up to 10-15 off the easy stuff, grass cloth, capes, cotton / cotton armor, linen threads.

Then get advanced support and do yagudo flechings till 22 (2 yagudo feathers + wind crystal)

Next do Fly Lure till 30 (Chocobo Feather, Bat Fang, Animal Glue + earth crystal.. buy the feather at the choco stables and sell the lures in sandy for profit)

Bird Fletchings till 42 (2 bird feathers + wind)

Insect Fletchings till 52 (2 insect wings + wind)

You will fail alot on the combines, just be sure to get the advanced support in windy, crafting in your mog house with a work bench may help reduce fails and improve skill ups as well.

Now you can easily make stuff like silk cloth and velvet cloth and sell it on the AH in places like jeuno for good profit.

Mining - Another easy way to make some easy cash early on. Go to the mines just off bastok mines, zeruhn or something like that. Run around and hit tab alot to see where a mining spot is, then run up to it and use a macro like this /item Pickaxe <t>
Remember to retarget after each pick, and to also sort your inventory often as the picks like to unstack themselves.

You can do the same with harvesting, logging, excavation etc.

Buy and sell elsewhere (especially using a mule network). Examples: Go to a town where you get an item from a quest, buy it from the AH there and sell it elsewhere for more. Windurst and the Comp Eye Circlet. You can usually buy it for cheap in windy and sell it in sandy or bastok for more. Sell quest items or crafting items in towns where they're needed - Cotton gloves & silver ingots in bastok, Windurst tea leaves in sandoria. All leather components sell nicely in Sandy, Bone and cloth in windy, gold and smithing in bastok.

Crafting: a few low level recipes can help you skill up and let you sell for a profit, a few examples: copper ingots, bronze ingots, brass ingots, grass threads, grass cloth, sheep leather, sheep wool. Most of these can be made with 0 skill (not brass ingots).

Almost all raw components sell for more than the finished item. Many of the lil bit higher items sell for at least 1k profit per component, ram leather, dhalmel leather, silk cloth, velvet cloth, silver ingots, linen threads, linen clothes, etc etc etc.

One thing that has helped me a TON in my crafting is a mule network. I have one mule placed in each town so I can buy where components are the cheapest off the AH or stores, make my items and then send them off to be sold where they sell for the most, or just split them up so they sell faster by selling a few in each town. I recently added a jeuno mule and they sold stuff amazingly fast and made me alot more cash than the other ones combined, but its rare that he can buy stuff for me at a deal.

Posted: April 25th, 2004, 12:13 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Dunno if much of this is helpful or not, probably some of its already been mentioned, but hopefully some hasn't.

I don't really care too much about access etc (although I wouldn't turn it down), but mostly I'd really love the fishing bot. If any of this is remotely useful, any chance ya could pass me the fishing bot? or a link to it ^.^

Thanks!

Posted: April 25th, 2004, 9:00 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Windhurst tea leaves
There is an NPC called Baehrun Faehrun (spelling?) just outside the Odin's gate in windhurst waters. He sells Saruta Oranges, Luaran Logs (spelling?), and Windhurst Tea Leaves. * note this NPC only sells items if saruta is under windurst control* If your a cook you can make OJ out of the oranges but otherwise buy windy tea leaves, for about 12 gil each. If you go to san d'oria and auction these off for about 500 gil each. Now, why san d'oria you ask? the leathercraft guild. Windhurst tea leaves are an ESSENTIAL part of leathercrafting, though it works in other cities but, you wont sell them for as much.

12 Silk Threads - found off of cralwers of all types, sells for 10K at AH!
12 Cottons- Get a weaver to make you something out of this and make a pretty penny off of it!

Monster good for gil farming!
Dhalmels - you should know this. Hides are 200, Bones are 200, and Meats are 60 and they stack, dhalmels are around level 17

Tigers - Harder but still just as good. Around level 27-32 depending on Jugner Forest or Batilla Downs. Fangs sell for at least 700 each or can be quested (repeatable) in sandy (3 for 2100) stackable. They drop hides which can be sold for at least 300 and maybe more items.

Rams - Found in La Theine or the Konschatch Highlands around level 26, drop ram horns and ram skin. Horns go for 1k or more, and skins 500 or more.

Easy Money through CP!
Mecenary Greatswords are great money! Just sell them in areas besides Windurst! Rank 2 needed.
Mercenary Captain Belts - again free money buy you need rank 3!

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online