newtopic  postreply
 [ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

My Big Money Making Tricks (any level) : FFXI Submissions

Posted: November 10th, 2007, 8:27 am

lionhart180

Total Posts: 43
lionhart180's Reps: 2
Okay, after playing ffxi for 4 years, I've built up quite an arsenal of tricks to make a quick buck here and there =D

Most of these tricks don;t even require a certain level, just running backa nd forth between point A and point B. So let's get started. First I'll light upon some of the most used and commonly known ways to make gil.

#1 Beehive Chips

This ridiculously overused way to make money never gets old. Simply run out with either rng or bst as main or sub and start mass slaying bees in the slightly upper level areas. the lv 1-3 bees don;t drop these. Treasure hunter is nice as well.

These little sweetys sell fast to hungry alchemists trying to skill up everywhere,and the drop rate is half decent.

#2 Silk Threads =P

Same thing as beehive chips, just head out and farm crawlers anywhere, I myself liked running along the far western path in West Sarutabaruta, tons of crawlers pop there.

These are the two biggest and overused ways to make money. now onto some of my favourites that few know about.

#3 Distilled Water

This is a really semi slow way to make money, but it works everytime. Synthers will buy stacks of distilled water for around 1K in the AH, but a stack only costs like 400 gil form NPC.

Not hard to figure out, huh? lol.

#4 Animas (Requires the first mission of Promothia done)

This one is gold. All you need to do is head over to the AH in Ru'lude Gardens and buy a bunch of recollections of fear and pain. Then head over to the alchemist int he far northern building and pay 2K to synth it into pshycoanima and hysteroanima.

Recollectiosn go for 1-2K in AH, so it costs 4K to synth,.... and they sell for around 8-9K in AH. And because of the amoutnneeded by common ENMs and such, these sell FAST, like several sold every half hour - hour. no joke. I can make like 50K runnign back and forth between AH and Alchemist.

This is my favourite way to make money =D

#5 Sheep Leather

This is a pretty easy basic way to make money, surprised it isn;t more common. Simply buy a stack of distilled water, dark crystals, and windurstian tea leavs in sandorian AHAH, costs like 3-4K in total.

Then head outside into ronfaure, and farm sheep like there's no tomorrow. Simply synth sheep leather from their skins (Dark Crystal -> Sheep skin X1, Tea leaves X1, and water X1) A stack costs around 4K to make, and sells for around 9-10K

#6 Hot and Cold

I can;t stress this enough, Raise a chocobo. DO IT! It make sgame way easier. then play hot and cold. DO IT!!!

See my ultimate uide to chocobo raising, it's on the ffxi main page here (Thank you everyone =D)

Once you unlock areas like buburimu and Valkurm, you can start making lots of cash. and yhoater junglwe is a gold mine. Every day you cna dig up items worth anywehre from 10 - 100K. Excellent money here.

#7 Finally if none of these suit you, I got one last super simple way to make money.

For some obscure reason, theres a long list of items that sell in AH for less than NPC buy them for. IE on my server, Qeutzy, Infinity cores go for around 1K in AJ. I can sell these to NPCs for like, 1.4-1.5 K. Now that's only 500 gil, but there will be normally 5-6 in the AH when I check. The list of items like these goes on and on, I'd appreciate it if people would reply to this with other items they've foudnt hat sell to NPCs mroe than AH price.

A few I've found are, Pheonix feathers, Infinity Cores, and like half of the beastmen armor drops. IE Goblin armor. The list goes on and on, and gets bigger as your fame increases and NPCs will buy stuff off of you for more.

I hope this guide will help lots of low level people who want to make fast money, and will maybe lower the amoutn of beggers who claim it's to hard to go and farm. Seriously guys, just do it.

If the Admin is okay with it, I propose that anyoen else who ahs good ideas for mor money making techniques to reply and we can try and make this the ultimate guide to money making =D.

Anywho, hope you guys like it.

Posted: November 10th, 2007, 9:21 am

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
Any of these ways are HIGHLY known, and also an extremely large waste of time. I'm talking like a measly 10k/hour, MAYBE 20k/hour with TH4 lol...

Sorry, but this isn't worth anything, and I already had those in my gil guide that I made about a year ago for this site, which is in the confirmed section. And yes, it's prices are outdated, but still accurate on methods.

~Nay

Here's some stuff I have in the older version of my guide:

NOTE: This is NOT the same as the one I sell on Ebay. This is a much older, out-of-date version of the guide and has about 30% of the methods I have on the guide I'm selling.

NOTE: The gil-guide portion of my online guide WILL be available on this site soon enough, I'm just not releasing it for a little while longer.

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Any level 1+

Crystals: This is by far the most simple and well-known method for any levels. You can range from 3~50k an hour. All you need to do is talk to a gate guard from your nation, receive Signet, and start killing anything. Works best on the lower-level mobs that can be one-shotted. You can even do this while leveling with a party in almost any zone. As long as someone in the party has signet, crystals can be found and then grouped together in stacks of 12, and sold on the auction house extremely fast.

Auction House Camping: This is one of the fastest ways in the game to earn money, and one of my favorite also. Its not farming based, but it can earn you some fast money, if you have a little to start. What you do, is pick any list of expensive equipment, weapons, craftin supplies... Anything... Then, you bid 10k on anything that is priced above 50k. Last week in fact, one of my friends on Siren Server managed to get a Vermilion Cloak for 10k, when the price goes over 3mil. Once you manage to buy an item for low, you can sell it on the auction house, or bazaar it. Its one of the fastest ways to gain money in this game.

Crafting: Takes a lot of time and money to get anywhere, but once you get a higher level, you can start to HQ (High Quality) some items, and you'll be able to earn a LOT of money really fast. I reccommend Clothcrafting and Leathercrafting... Gotten me a fair share of money off of those two alone (Spanned over 2 accounts).

Logging/Harvesting: Another great way to make gil is through logging/harvesting. Any level can do it, but you will need a very small amount of gil to start. If you choose logging, you will need a hatchet. Once you have a hatchet, you need to go to Fort Ghelsba (Near San d'Oria) and find Logging Points located all over the maps. If you choose Harvesting, you will need a sicle. Once you have that, head over to Giddeus and find some Harvesting Points. This method can easily get you over a few hundred thousand gil per hour. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who use bots to Harvest for them while they go AFK, so you'd have to be fast.

Fishing: This is another affective way to earn money. Its slow, but it pays off in the end. My favorite spot to go, is in the center of Windurst Woods with a Carbon Fishing Rod and stacks of Insect Balls. You can get about 5-15 stacks of Moat Carps per hour and you don't need a high level to catch them. Each stack sells for about 5-10k each, and they sell extremely fast in San d'Oria. You could also save 1000 of those Moat Carps and then turn them in to get a Lu Shang's Fishing Rod, which you can either keep, or sell for 6-10mil. Fishing doesn't cost much at all to do and you can earn a huge profit from the start. 99% of Fishing is profit and you almost never lose money. You can also turn in all the low level fish that aren't Moat Carps to fishing NPC's or if they're worth something, sell them on the auction house.

Gardening: This is a very good way to earn money, but it takes a long long long long long time. You need to be very attentive to your plants/ore-growing-things and check/feed them daily. Its a goof profit and can quickly double, triple, or even quadrouple your money. Downside is it costs a lot to do. I don't know much information on gardening because I have never done it myself. I have a friend that is a full-time gardener on FFXI. I will ask her for help with this portion of this Gil Guide the next time I see her.

Conquests Items: There are some items that can only be obtained with conquest points. Some higher level items also require a certain rank to buy them. To get conquest points, level with Signet on and you will get points. You only get conquest points when you gain EXP off of the mobs. Usually items bought with conquest points sell for a very large chunk of gil, which is awsome, because you pretty much make $$$ leveling.

Quests:

-- Warp Scroll: Requires a little Bastok Fame, but well worth it. All you need is 1 Slime Oil, which can be perchased for roughly 500gil-1000gil. There is an NPC in Bastok Metalworks named Unlucky Rat. He is a big Galka behind one of the doors near the elevator. Once you give him the Slime Oil, he will give you the scroll which sells for 50-100k.

--Ninja Scrolls: Requires a lot of Norg Fame, which is semi-hard to get, but well worth it once you get all the scrolls. You can obtain Utsusemi: Ichi (400-700k), Kurayami: Ichi (75-150k), Hojo: Ichi (100-300k), Jubaku: Ichi (Unknown), and Dokumori: Ichi (Unknown). These can earn you an extremely high amount of money, and these quests are extremely easy to do. If you have Sneak/Invis, you can do all of these with no troubles at all. Do this with a few mules and you'll be richer than your friends. (Assuming you farm the materials for the fame and don't buy them).

Shop --> Auction House:

These are methods where you buy things from a shop or guild store at low prices, and then sell on the auction house for a major profit!

--Saruto Cotton: You can buy these in stacks in the Windurst Clothcrafting guild store for about 30gil a piece. These end up selling on the auction house for 8-12k a stack. Its a humungous profit if you think about it. Downside is that Windurst guild is usually camped by botters and you may not get lucky that often.

--PickAxes: You can buy these in Bastok for roughly 200 gil a piece, and then take them to Jueno auction house. There they can sell for about 3-6k per stack. Small profit, but adds up quickly since I've never heard of PickAxes being camped before... The same thing can be done with Hatchets and Sicles.

Helping: This is a really good way to get a lot of money fast. There are a number of new players that buy gil and spend it outrageously fast. I usually shout in Jueno,

"/sh Help -- "

And eventually, someone will ask for help, and then you go over prices, blah, blah blah blah... I was once paid 7mil to run a party of gilsellers through every CoP (Chains of Promathia) mission up to Sea. It took about 7 hours to complete it, but it was definately worth it. So far that is the most I have ever been paid for helping. It not only keeps you from being bored, but it earns you a large sack of cash. I don't reccomend doing this one until you're a higher level and know what you're doing though, because it can be deadly and extremely time consuming if you're not sure. And yet I still have no idea where all that money went... *Sigh*

Any level 5+

Silk: This is also one of the best ways to earn money, or at least it was before the massive deflation. Kill any crawlers and they have a small chance of dropping silk. Silk stacks to 12, like a lot of other things, and sells fairly quickly. You can sell in Jueno and it will go pretty fast, or you can go to Windurst where the Clothcrafting guild is and sell them in the auction house or bazaar it there to maximize your profit. Best with Treasure Hunter I or II. Possibly 40k an hour depending on your luck now-a-days. Only goes for 20k a stack, but used to go for 45-60k a stack.

Grain Seeds: One of my personal favorites. In South Gustaburg, you can go as BLM/THF or THF/BLM. You can get a massive train of the Walking Saplings there and then use some type of -Ga spell to blow them all away in one small hit. They spawn pretty fast and are killed even faster. Drop rate without Treasure Hunter is about 1/4, with it, it can be 1/3 or better. Depends on your luck. They sell fairly quickly and can widen your wallet pretty fast. Can earn up to 100k/hour.

Beehive Chips: Another good way. They can be found off of almost any Bee type mobs. Drop rate is a little better than Grain Seeds, but they sell for less money. They also sell extremely fast (Within 1 hour of being put on the auction house). Probably about 30-50k an hour, do it while farming Grain Seeds to earn some extra cash.

Bird Feathers: These are rather easy to obtain and sell rather quickly. You can get these while leveling in South Gustaburg and they can sell from 4-7k a stack. While leveling you will get a bunch of these, with Signet on, you can also obtain Fire Crystals and sell those for an added profit.

Goblin Armor: Can be obtained by killing goblins. You can kill these to level off of in many areas, and they sell for about 500-1k each. Not much but it adds up if you're EXP'ing.

Any level 10+

Lizard Skins: Can be found while leveling in the dunes or off of lizards in some other areas. Drop rate isn't that good, but its not bad compared to some of the other crappy drop rates. I'd have to guess around 1/5-1/10. They sell for about 10-15k a stack and while leveling in the dunes, you can get up to anywhere from 1-5 stacks an hour depending on your party. Pretty decent money and sells fast on the auction house.

Jagged Eared Jack: This is one of the lowest level NM's in the game, but it has an extremely expensive drop. It drops Rabbit Charm which is a necklace that can sell for 1-2mil! It spawns in West Ronferre near the Outpost. I have seen it spawn within one hour of it dying, so its not a huge time to wait. The drop rate isn't good at all, but if you get lucky, it will definately be worth the time you spent there. This NM is level 12 (If I remember correctly), so it may be hard to solo at level 10, so I reccommend doing this at level 15+ (I came accoss it once as a level 10 and was able to solo it. Took a lot of damage and had to use a few potions). Sometimes it is botted, but not usually. Its easy to claim if you're looking around carefully. You can also run in a wide circle and just keep hitting the Tab key until you target it. Not too complicated and a very profitable NM.

BCNM and KSNM: These are one of the best ways to make money in the game. They can consist of certain level restrictions (10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, and Uncapped) and they can also have a maximum player restriction. Some fights are too easy, others are too damn hard to near impossible. One of my favorites is the Peacock Charm (PCC) BCNM. Its a lvl 40 cap with 3 players. Drop is about 1/5 and it can sell for 5-10mil. In order to do any BCNM or KSNM, you need to have the number of seals that corresponds to the level cap you want. You need to trade them to a person in Jueno, who will them give you an orb, which you need to take to a place where you can enter a BCNM from. NEVER THROW AWAY BEASTMEN'S SEALS OR KINDRED SEALS!!! YOU WILL NEED THEM!!!

I'm going to make another section of this site and I'm going to post some very good BSNM/KSNM moneymakers/guides/strategies to them. Probably won't be out for a long time though, so don't expect it to be ou that soon.

Any level 20+

Stray Mary: Stray Mary is a notorious monster that spawns in Konshtact Highlands. Position of spawn sreas is E-6 and E-8. Many of the online sites are wrong on its info, and I know from experience. The map on ffxi-atlas.com has the wrong areas. I'm not going to dive into the placeholders area right now, that it a little too complicated for this guide. Basically, just kill sheep in the area and wait for it to spawn. Drop is Mary's Horn, its about a 1/4 drop. It can spawn anywhere from 1-5 hours after last spawn, and its drop is worth 300-600k. A major money maker.

Spook: This is a lvl 18ish NM that spawns in King Ranperre's Tomb. I can't remember its position off the top of my head, but there are very good points to this NM. It spawns at EXACT times. Its spawns at these EXACT times EVERY day: 21:00, 0:00, and possibly 3:00. Its drop is a Traveler's Mantle which sells for 50-100k. I made my first 2 mil off this guy, and it only took me like two days of camping time. Log in a few minutes before pop times, then log out after last pop. Do this for a few hours and you'll earn yourself a HUGE amount of gil extremely fast. There are botters there, but they're not hard to beat at all. Its a Ghost NM by the way, so if you're a lower level, be careful when walking around there, because it probably will kill you if its unclaimed.

Quadavs in Palborough Mines: These are easy to solo at this level and you can earn about 20-30k/hour off of these. They drop Fetich items which are used for a Bastok Mission and sell fairly quickly. They also drop Backplates and occasionally spells.

Konschtat Highlands/La'thiene Plateau: There are a number of things that you can combine here with planning and earn yourself extremely large chunks of money per hour. What I normally do, with TH II, is go there and farm Grain Seeds, Beehive Chips, Rams (30+), hunt Stray Mary and Steelfleece (65+) all at once. I average about 75k an hour doing this. I kill one group while waiting for another to spawn, all within the areas of the two NM's. Occasionally you'll come accross the NM's and you can kill them (65+ for Steelfleece). Not only will this all earn you fast gil, but you won't get bored doing this because there is little or no downtime.

Any level 25+

Hoo Mjuu the Torrent: Used to be one of my favorite NM's until some stupid botters decided to go in and camp it 24/7... Of course the GM's (Game Masters) never actually do anything about the problems of this game... But, even though its hard to claim, its drop is a Monster Signa. Its worth roughly 250k-400k. And the best part about this one, is it spawns withint 45minutes-1.5hours of its last death. So its not going to kill you if you miss a few claims. Drop rate can be good or bad, I've gone 2/5 before, and then again I've gone 0/10 at other times... Hoo Mjuu spawns on the ledge in Giddeus. Its PH is one of the Mendicants and it spawns 7-8minutes after last killed. This is one of the best ways to make money though, unless there is a botter there... In which case you might want to go do something else... (Look out for Shdjfking, he's a major Siren botter/gilseller).

Raising: This is something many people do, I personally just raise anyone that asks if I'm in the area. But some desperate people will pay for them. If they offer me money without me asking, sure I'll take it... I would have raised them anyway, but why not earn some $$$ while doing a good deed? Any White Mage level 25+ can raise (As long as they have the scroll). Someone offered me 50k for an R3 once, because I was the only White Mage in Caedarva Mire at the time who could use it. So, yes, me being my cheap self, I took it... I was very greatful and so was he. ^.^

Any level 30+

Rams: These are pretty good for farming, because they drop a LOT of things at once, and there are about 2-4 alive in a zone at a time (Konschtact Highland La'thiene Plateau). They drop Ram Skins, Horns, and some other things. Good 10-20k/hour doing this, and you can also hunt Stray Mary while doing this and possibly Steelfleece Baldarich (65+), Bloodtear Baldarich (65+), Lumbering Lambart (40+), and Rampaging Ram (40+).

White Mage 36+

Tele-Taxi: One of the most facinating ways to earn quick money (100k+ an hour) is the Tele-Taxi. Once you get the Teleport-? spells, you can teleport individuals or groups of people at one time to the Telepoints. Sometimes cheap people will only pay 1k for a Teleport (Me ^.^) and then again, others might pay 5-10k for one, if they are in a rush. I spent 2 hours exactly, timed to the minute, of me rushing people through Taxi'ing and I made exactly 172k. That includes the lag issues and the gathering together downtime. Some people were generous and gave me 3-5k and a few were in such a hurry that they gave me 10k to hurry myself up... Very very profitable way to earn gil, because people will always need Teleports.

Any level 40+

Walking Trees: These are common in Jugner Forest, but spawn in uncommon paterns. The only way to really track these is with widescan, and no one seems to ever do this. This is a very effective money maker. These Trees drop items which can sell for about 50-100k per stack depending on your server. They aren't hard to kill, and you could probably solo them at lvl 30, but 40 is to be safe, because they hit very hard.

Any level 50+

Beastmen's Blood: This is/was a very good item to farm. Used to get about 150k a stack, but now I believe its down to about 50-75k per stack. Its still pretty good if you go with TH II. You can kill things in (place? can't think of the name) and they will drop the blood about 1/10. I remember the respawn on those mobs wasn't that bad, so it was bearable. There are also other things you can farm in that area while waiting for the mob's respawn.

Any Level 55+

Giant Bird Plume: Great way to make 70-150k per hour. You can kill Diatryma's after about level 55, and they drop Giant Bird Plumes! 1 Stacks sells for around 55k, and you can get up to about 3 per hour! Diatryma's can be found in Eastern Altepa Desert and Misareaux Coast, so there's more than enough places for this to be farmed! This is one of my personal favorites as far as farming goes, because there are more than one spawn points, good drop rate, and it sells high.
NOTE: IF ANYONE ELSE IS CAMPING THE GIANT BIRD PLUMES, YOUR PROFIT WILL BE DRASTICALLY REDUCED.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online