newtopic  postreply
 [ 19 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Possible Anitpatch trick... : FFXI Submissions

Posted: December 8th, 2007, 10:12 am

lionhart180

Total Posts: 43
lionhart180's Reps: 2
I have just now discovered soemthing very interesting.

Requirments: windower, and 2 or more final fantasy accounts, on the same computer.

This glitch seems to make your character invulnerable to some patchs previously performed by SE. I'm, currently tampering and exploring as to how many of these patches become ineffective.

How this works.

When you are performing a POL update on your computer, you can bypass it with a second account by signing in on it throuhg a second window via windower.

Once you do this, it seems the second account becomes invulnerable to various patches performed in the past, but only while the first account is updating.

One glitch I've already tried is the famous Gil dupe, via delivery box and unplugging the network cable while opening it.

I am still testing just how many glitches and tricks, previously patched, become avialable again through this. I would appreciate it if people could reply with some big tricks that were patched, and I'll test them out to see if they get reopened.

So far I've managed to dupe items throguh the AH and MH via pulling out network cord right when I accept the item. I can also once again MVP kill with a chocobo and voke.

Other strange things seem to randomly happen while I do this, including very glithy graphics, super lag spikes, and other mishaps.

I warn people to be careful doing this at the moment, since it's still beign tested out. I don't know if really bad stuff ight happen when you perform this trick.

This does work though.

Remember this only works when the first account is updating, and will stop working once the update is done, so you have a limited time to exploit =/. As to my knowledge so far, there may be a way to make the effect last after the update.

Posted: December 8th, 2007, 12:13 pm

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
This is something that, if works, would honestly DESTROY FFXI's economy again...

If we can get proof this works, it'd be good to have on this site, but the IF this is actually a legit exploit, then once people start using it, SE will probably nerf it soon afterwards.

So IF this does work, I suggest those of you use it fast, but use at your own risk.

NOTE: IF you manage to dupe an item, odds are you'll get banned because every item has a unique item ID, and if that ID is duplicated, it'll send a red flag up the GMs who then will watch your account, thus banning you from FFXI.

Posted: December 8th, 2007, 3:04 pm

jarf
jarf's Reps:
Are you saying to sign on 2 accounts with windower, or one account on POL and one account on windower?

Posted: December 8th, 2007, 8:24 pm

vaxthemonk

Total Posts: 379
vaxthemonk's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
He's saying that if your updating 1 account (In the process of "Downloading Files", if you log on with another account you can bypass the patch and get right in... I don't see how this un-patches ones you've already downloaded... maybe un-install the game and re-install? lol... Please provide a better write up.

Posted: December 9th, 2007, 11:52 am

dagger01
dagger01's Reps:
Are the servers not patcht aswel???

Posted: December 9th, 2007, 4:57 pm

terrahffxi
terrahffxi's Reps:
does his man if it worked you could do the old fishing exploit and fish up "." and sell to npc for 10,000,000?

Posted: December 9th, 2007, 6:22 pm

kourath

Total Posts: 1979
kourath's Reps: 23
Active User > 50 Posts
terrahffxi (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
does his man if it worked you could do the old fishing exploit and fish up "." and sell to npc for 10,000,000?

Probably wouldn't work even if you did.

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: December 9th, 2007, 6:52 pm

waitinginshadow

Idk, if what he's saying is true, you could theoretically play on the original version of the game, meaning that just might work. I would like someone to try that...

Posted: December 9th, 2007, 9:36 pm

kourath

Total Posts: 1979
kourath's Reps: 23
Active User > 50 Posts
waitinginshadow (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Idk, if what he's saying is true, you could theoretically play on the original version of the game, meaning that just might work. I would like someone to try that...

Maybe I'm a little hazy on the original story, but I'm fairly sure that the fishing glitch was reliant on the server to generate the item for the client. I can't say that I know the server-client interaction protocol like the back of my hand, but, from what I've seen, the server generates the item.

Someone more familiar with the game and how the glitch supposedly worked could probably provide a better answer than me.

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: December 10th, 2007, 4:28 am

waitinginshadow

I don't even know myself, was definitely before my time...

Posted: December 10th, 2007, 4:14 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: December 10th, 2007, 4:34 pm

waitinginshadow

We need more testing before we can confirm or deny this...

Posted: December 11th, 2007, 7:31 am

jarf
jarf's Reps:
I just bought a trial account thing for $2 and I'm trying this tonight.

Posted: December 11th, 2007, 7:49 am

waitinginshadow

Thank you Jarf. Let us know how this goes. And if it goes well, we'll pretty much be rich lmao

I might end up trying to install the original version of the game on one of my HDD partitions. And if that works, then I'm definitely going to test this out.

Let me know what happens Jarf, cuz I'm going to take what you do as truth and see if it's worth testing out...

Posted: December 11th, 2007, 8:55 am

jarf
jarf's Reps:
I will try the dupe trick... I'm thinking Ic an do it with sending gil to my MH because gil shouldn't have an ID the way items do. I can't try the fishing the "." glitch because I'm not familiar enough with the playerStatus memory location.

@shadow- If this was before your time... it was basically a big glitch that brought a lot of controversy when a guy posted screenshots of his money on the web. He managed to change his character's "status" from normal, to chocobo riding, to fishing wherever he wanted. He could move like a chocobo in town, etc. Anyway... the guy started fishing in unfishable areas or something and started reeling in weird stuff like an item named "." that was some sort of gold bed that wasn't added. Also, he fished up those beds that cost like $2M gil at the time. It was a crazy glitch and any cheating player knew about it.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online