taultunleashed logoSo you want to start your own LS? : FFXI Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 11 posts ] 
blue large dot

So you want to start your own LS? : FFXI Submissions

Posted: February 12th, 2006, 12:56 pm

twinmatrix
twinmatrix's Reps:
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

You settled down in Final Fantasy XI, got your job to a high level and want to get more out of the game. Why would you want to create your own Linkshell? For an answer to that question let's take a look at what a Linkshell is.

A Linkshell is used to talk to others, through a seperate chat channel, who posses a Linkpearl from that Linkshell (or a Pearlsack).

Linkshells are often used as a form of forming a group of people to do events and activities to get more out of this game (aka. Endgame).

In this little guide we'll take a look at how you can make your own Dynamis Linkshell.

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

So you want to join a Dynamis Linkshell, you've checked all around the place for a Linkshell with events in your timezone but you failed to find any. Yes, many players will be from a different timezone as you, thus finding a good Dynamis LS will be a trouble. Another reason to start your own Dynamis Linkshell is getting Dynamis currency. Dynamis currency can be sold for a lot of money, but can also be used to obtain the most powerful weapons in the game, known as Relic Weapons. These weapons are extremely hard to obtain, because they require a lot, and I mean, a LOT of Dynamis currency.

To enter Dynamis, you need to pay 1,000,000 Gil (one million) to a Goblin and get an Hourglass. Use this Hourglass and it will create a second, which can be given away. This way, everyone in the LS can get a Hourglass. Using the hourglass you can enter a Dynamis area through special locations around Vana'diel.

Enough reasons to start your own Dynamis Linkshell, right? Well, Dynamis requires many people, not just your couple of friends and "that guy who was shouting for a Dynamis LS yesterday". First off you will require to have skill to lead a big group of people to victory. You need to know your things about the game and Dynamis, so I suggest checking out some in-depth Dynamis Guides. You will be able to find a lot of good Dynamis information here. Take your time, get a cup of thee and check out the various topics of information. Do some research.

Once you feel that you've gathered enough information, it's time for the real hard work. Buy a Linkshell in your home town with a catchy name for your Dynamis LS and a nice color. Personally I prefer purple because that is Dynamis' theme color.

Now you have to do some server research. Type /sea all every hour, preferably on a friday or saturday so more people are online, and write down how many people there are online. The next day, type /sea all around 30 minutes before the time check the day before that, which had most of the players online. Make sure that you didn't write down a Japanese time the day before that, but a time in which most of the players online were English. In the /sea all window, select to show only the Rank 6-10, because it requires Rank 6 to be in Dynamis. Now select a Job, preferably the top one. If there are still too many players to be in one window, you can filter out on a Race or Level range, as long as there aren't any names filtered out.

Now begins the hard part, which will require a lot of typing, but the road to success isn't easy. I recommend you to use Windower while doing this, so you are able to type up a message outside of FFXI, Control + C it and Control + V it into the game. You are going to talk to everyone on the list and ask them if they are interested in joining your Dynamis Linkshell. Below are two example conversations.

Example Conversation #1

You: Hello! Could I ask you a question?
Person: uh sure
You: Have you got a Dynamis LS?
Person: yea sup?
*** In this case the person already has a Dynamis LS. Do NOT be rude and just ignore the person. Instead, ask something about the Dynamis LS to remain polite and interested. ***
You: Could you tell me around what time the Linkshell has events, please?
Person: ummm i think about 4 pm est on saturday and 3 pm est on sunday
You: All right, thank you! Have a nice day!
Person: np cya

Example Conversation #2

You: Hello! Could I ask you a question?
Person: Sure.
You: Have you got a Dynamis LS?
Person: No. I used to have one but I had to quit because the events were at a wrong time for me.
You: Would you be interested in joining one? We have events on Wednesday 3 PM EST and Saturday 2 PM EST.
Person: What are the rules?
You: Free lots on AFII. You have to pay about 15k to be allowed to lot on synthesis materials and 75k to lot on Dynamis Currency. The leaders of the LS will pay for the Hourglass.
Person: Are you guys new?
*** Say something that doesn't give the person the idea that it is a new LS, but also don't say that it is an old, awesome LS. ***
You: We're recruiting new members because we're starting the Linkshell over.
Person: That sounds good. I'm interested!
You: Could you tell me your 65+ jobs, main job and possible sub jobs?
Person: I'm a BLM75 with SMN72 and I can sub WHM, BLM, SMN and RNG.
*** Do NOT tell the person if he/she can join yet. This will give the person the impression that it is a new LS that will basically recruit anyone, and he/she will begin to wonder if the LS is good enough to clear any Dynamis. ***
You: All right, I've written your name down. I will discuss it with the other LS leaders and I will send you a /tell soon. Is that OK?
Person: Sure, thank you!
You: Have a nice day!
Person: You too, bye!

A lot of work, nag, nag. But that's what it takes to start your very own Dynamis. And it's all worth the trouble once you succeed in defeating a Dynamis and you feel that you haven't done it all for nothing. Of course, chances are that you will fail your first Dynamis, but you will learn over time. To get back at recruiting members: You can enter Dynamis with 64 players. It is wise to recruit, if possible, around 64 players to be sure that you will have enough players to clear the Dynamis. The first impression is important. After that players are likely to show up less often, so you might have to recruit new members or implement a system. Speaking of which, let's carry on with the systems.

Handling an entire Dynamis LS is hard work, and you want to give everyone fair chances on getting AFII. A great rule for this, is to have everyone /tell you a job at the start of Dynamis, of which they will want the AFII. If it drops, they can lot for it. This must a Job which they have above 65 but not necessarily are using during that Dynamis. You should also have a point system. For every Dynamis a player attends to, he/she gets 3 Dynamis points. Once he/she has 50 Dynamis points that player is able to reserve an AFII drop and when it drops only he/she can lot for it. If a player doesn't come to an event he/she will lose 5 points. This will encourage the players to come to events more often.

Well, that's about it. I wish you good luck with your Dynamis LS and journeys! One last thing, check this page out. It is very helpful, though it has gotten a make-over recently and some information has been taken away.

Good luck!

© Arend-Jan van der Brugge, 2006

This is my second Guide on Tault Unleashed.
I'm trying to get my Premium Membership refreshed again or some points.

Posted: February 13th, 2006, 3:03 am

tault_elemex
tault_elemex's Reps:
For me, i would just:

-Get into a Sky Ls and try to know everyone, and get them to join.
-Shout for members in jeuno. Spend alot of time doing this.

then
-With around 30 members ++, attempt dyna bastok and Win it.
-Most prob your members would tell their friends to join and stuff.

then
-Shout again.
-Eventually, people will ask to join your ls.

And shout with these requirements:
-mage class 70+
-meele class 74+.

As for the point system, usually it creates alot of drama. So maybe just make it a rule like a minimum of 4 participation in events before lotting on 1 af.
-Only can lot if you can wear it.

I don't really think a guide is needed to setup a dynamis ls, but..... hmmm...

Posted: February 13th, 2006, 7:43 am

twinmatrix
twinmatrix's Reps:
Well, I've tried shouting but the problems are:
- People will start shouting back at you because they think it's annoying to /shout in Jeuno for members.
- Not everyone is in Jeuno, so it would take longer to /shout than going over a list. Maybe not as hard, but /shouting is less efficient.

Your part 2 and 3 are good though. You should also advertise on sites like Allakhzam and Killing Ifrit.

Posted: February 13th, 2006, 9:15 pm

tault_elemex
tault_elemex's Reps:
Shout once per 5 mins should be ok. Don't spam. lol.

I suppose the attendance system and stuff are quite common known...

Your guide is quite ok, but i don't know if this will be useful..

Posted: February 13th, 2006, 10:42 pm

twinmatrix
twinmatrix's Reps:
If you really want to /shout and save yourself trouble at the same time do this:

Open the game in windower. Make a file in the Scripts map called Shout.txt and have it include this:

alias Dynamis input /shout Dynamis LS, do you need it? Send <me> /tell!; wait 60; wait 60; wait 60; wait 60; Dynamis

Then when in windower just go to the console using the standard console button, type:

exec Shout.txt

And then type:

Dynamis

That'll repeat itself every 4 minutes, but you can't use Auto-Translate (yet).

Posted: February 14th, 2006, 6:27 pm

tault_elemex
tault_elemex's Reps:
Make sure to stay beside the com. while doing this >.>;;.

Posted: February 14th, 2006, 10:17 pm

twinmatrix
twinmatrix's Reps:
Oh, lol. Forgot to add that you should have activated ChatMon (search Google for it). >_> It will give you a sound when you get a /tell.

Posted: February 17th, 2006, 11:15 am

xjj55x
xjj55x's Reps:
Shouting for members in Jeuno will just get you crappy members.

Just get some friends, do things that are difficult. Word of mouth is the only way to really get a good LS going. Do things, people will realize you do them, and join. Keep moving up the ladder, when you get 18 good players do Kings, easy way to get a name for yourself.

It's a bad idea to do Dynamis in the same LS, since it requires "over-recruiting". A good solid endgame LS only needs 25-30 people (any more and you most likely have really !@#$%^&* players eating up space), wheras a Dynamis LS requires 50+.

Posted: July 16th, 2006, 6:53 am

sionrpg
sionrpg's Reps:
i kinda give it a NAY because obviously this information is known by almost every1 lol

Posted: July 16th, 2006, 8:36 am

pyrolol

Total Posts: 795
pyrolol's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
It isn't needed xD. It's totally obvious that no-one is going to post because the TOPIC HAS BEEN DEAD FOR 6 MONTHS.

Posted: July 16th, 2006, 12:30 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online