taultunleashed logoStrange Apparatus Passcode Generator : FFXI Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

Strange Apparatus Passcode Generator : FFXI Submissions

Posted: July 21st, 2006, 10:23 pm

foodnbazaar
foodnbazaar's Reps:
Admins: This is a php web based generator for the Strange Apparatus's located around Vana 'Diel. Is there any way Taultunleashed can host it? Even if its for Premium only... Very Many people would benefit.

Please reply with your thoughts and comments.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: July 22nd, 2006, 10:14 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
i believe this is very illegal but im not sure moved it submissions first.

Posted: July 22nd, 2006, 12:51 pm

foodnbazaar
foodnbazaar's Reps:
Ok thank you I wasn't sure where to post it...

Well,
From what I have heard about it all you do is plug in your name then, choose the location of strange apparatus that your trying to use and select the element of it then it will generate the 8digit passcode that you need to plug into the machine in-game that puts you to doctor status.
From there on you can Trade an Infinity Core(Dynamis) and the corresponding elemental chip and you can recieve many good items.

Here is a post I have come across which talks about the strange apparatus.

[url=http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10;mid=1129559659154284204]The Original Thread Location
[/url]

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Scattered throughout Vana'diel, in several dungeons, are arcane machines called Strange Apari. Currently 8 are known to be active and working, located in the following dungeons:

Dangruf Wadi - Fire Element - passcode 0.
Gusgen Mines - Earth Element - passcode 1.
Crawler's Nest - Water Element - passcode 2.
Ordelle's Caves - Wind Element - passcode 3.
Eldeme Necropoils - Ice Element - passcode 4.
Outer Horototo Ruins - Thunder Element - passcode 5.
Garlage Citadel - Light Element - passcode 6.
Maze of Sarkami(sp?) Dark Element - passcode 7.

To see where the Strange Apari are located, just click on one of the above area's on FFXI-Atlas It will bring up a map(or several maps) of the aera, you can then locate the Aparatus and find out how to get there.

Now the purpose of the Strange Apari - Arcane Item Synthisis
By "Tradeing" a CORRECT Colored Chip(the color/element of the aparatus you are visiting)and an Infinity Core to a Strange Aparatus, you will be treated to a short cutscene and recive one of the following items:

An Elemental Cluster x1 (element you get will be the same element as the aparatus. Entering your passcode eleminated your chances of getting these.)

Cermet Chunks x8

Adaman Nuggets x2

A Rune Weapon/Bangles x1

Arcane Flowerpot x1

Note that the item you recive is completly random, and though some are rarer than others, are not incredibly rare.

Now, to get the colored chip and infinity core...

Infinity Cores are droped by Idols and Icons in Dynamisis. They sell at the AH under Others -> Misc, and go from 10k-25k on Midgardsormr.

Colored Chips are sold by goblin vendors in each of the 3 starter cities-Windurst Walls, Port Bastok, and Northern San D Oria. The shop is technically a guild shop, so it is closed from 11:00-22:00 and closed on Lightsday.

Colored chips are 21k flat, the price never varies. depending of the Strange Aparatus you visit, you will need a diffrent chip.

Fire = Red
Earth = Yellow
Water = Blue
Wind = Green
Ice = Clear
Thunder = Purple
Light = White
Dark = Black

If you trade an Infinity Core and a improper elemental chip, you will loose your chip and a lv 75 elemental will spawn and attack you. not a wise choise.

It has come to my attention that 11 new chips have been released in the latest update. 8 seem to be HQ's of the orrigional 8, while 3 seem they MIGHT be used for the 3 ?unactive? Strange Apari in KRT, Fei'Yin, and... I forget the 3rd one, but if it's not active, who cares? post if you know where it is though.

The new chips are as follows:

Scarlet Chip = Red Chip
Ivory Chip = Yellow Chip
Cerulean Chip = Blue Chip
Emerald Chip = Green Chip
Smalt Chip = Clear Chip(Unsure on the Smalt and Silver chips)
Silver Chip = White Chip
Smokey Chip = Black Chip

Then, the other 3:
Orchid Chip
Charcoal Chip
Magenta Chip

If anyone has acess to Limbus, and can obtain one of the HQ's, please test this out, it will be interesting to see.

Now for the passcode:
Passcodes are 8 digit numbers entered into the Strange Apari to eleminate the chance of obtaining an elemental cluser. if you actually want a cluster, ignore this part.

Passcodes are based off the first 3 letters of your name, and the Apari you are using. to get the first 6 digits of your "normal passcode"(used in Dangruf Wadi, passcode 0 remember?)"Add" up the first 3 letters of your name.

A=00,B=01,C=02,D=03,E=04... I don't think I need to graph this out. you can count can't you? good.

So lets say your name was Carbuncle.
C=02, A=00, and R=17, so your first 6 digits is:
Now lets add the first 3 letters together:
2+0+17=19
So your "Normal passcode" would be 02001719
now, this only works in dangruf wadi. so to make it useable anywhere, we add the passcode for a certain aera, lets say you wanted to do this in Horototo(5th passcode)
05050520+(5 for each normal 2 digits, 5x4 for the last 2, eg 20)
Hope that explains how to make your passcode... I know there are some passcode generators out there somewhere, but the link eludes my mind as of right now...
Hope this helps unravel the mystery of the Strange Apari.

Here is a post following that one which includes the link to the Website which created the project which is where i DL-ed that .zip file.

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
And yet another little update, I'm sorry I'm taking over your thread lol

For those of us who are lazy, and don't like to do the math, here is the Password Generator:

Strange Apparatus Password Generator

Posted: July 22nd, 2006, 9:50 pm

wiccaan
wiccaan's Reps:
== Delete please. ==

Last edited by Guest on August 5th, 2006, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: July 23rd, 2006, 1:01 pm

foxfai1
foxfai1's Reps:
Someone posted something similar on xml format about 6 months ago when they first discovered....

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online