newtopic  postreply
 [ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

Upadted Antipatch Trick : FFXI Submissions

Posted: December 10th, 2007, 12:17 pm

lionhart180

Total Posts: 43
lionhart180's Reps: 2
Okay, so I'll try doing this trick from a fresh install, but here's what I've managed to discover.

This trick only allows you to bypass the updates that get installed on YOUR computer. You cannot bypass any of the tricks that are 100% reliant on the FFXI server, sicne you don't need to do an update for those patchs the be fixed. Those ones are permafixed =/

You CAN though, bypass any patch that would have to be installed on your computer. Heres why. It seems when you have 2 accounts open, and one updating, all the patches on your computer are frozen because they're being updated.

Thus, the second account, which bypasses the new update because it's already updating, has no patches affecting it.

In fact, soemtimes when I log in and the server is really laggy, it says that's it's POL version 1.00

O.O

Basicly the second account is logged on the original version of FFXI Without any updates. that means no chocobo raising NPCs, lots of annoying glitches. IE Elemantals aggroing even when spells aren't cast (This is an OLD glitch from like the dawn of time. Was patched about three and a half years ago)

Basicly, all of those times when POL/SE says, "The problem where ___happened to people who were ___ has been fixed..." arn't fixed anymore...

This is good and bad, becuase there were way more bad glitches than good glitches. Nonetheless, the good glitches are pretty awesome.

The version 1.0 of POL technicly was never playable, because way over in japan 4 and a half years ago, even when you bought FFXI the day after it came out, there was already patches out, so the first version was like 1.26 or something.

So you'll experience glitches never even heard of.

Okay, I'll try and do an easier way to explain how to do this.

First, you need access to two accounts on one computer. An update must be available.

Log into the first account and do the update. Use windower and log into second account while the first is doing an update.

The second account can bypass the update. Thing is though, the second account also seems to be immune to all previous patches. IE dupe glitch works, and other tricks.

This only lasts until the first accounts update is over though. So IF one did do this from fresh install , and had to do FFXI's famous half a billion file update, you would have tons of time to screw around.

And you don't have to wait for the update to play =O

I'm going to do one more test also, and that's if you have access to three accounts, have one do POL update, have second do FFXI update, and third testing glitches.

Though I believe POL files don't affect FFXI gameplay, but it's worth a shot... =/

Posted: December 10th, 2007, 2:44 pm

terrahffxi
terrahffxi's Reps:
is duping gil same as items? insta ban

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online