Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
.::Warrior Guide & FAQ::.

Stats & Abilities

Races
Most effective races for WAR: Elvaan and Galka.

Starting Stats

Hume |Elvaan |Tarutaru |Galka |Mithra |
HP - 31 33 27 36 31
MP - 0 0 0 0 0
STR - 8 9 7 9 8
DEX - 7 7 7 7 9
VIT - 6 7 6 8 6
AGI - 7 6 8 7 8
INT - 5 4 7 5 5
MND - 5 6 5 5 5
CHR - 6 6 6 5 5

Passive Abilites

Active Abilities

FAQ

What is a warrior? :con

Warriors specialize in the arts of battle, warriors act as shields, protecting their comrades from the enemy attacks. They are able to use almost any weapon efficiently and are a key part to an effective party. (and our damage isn't to shabby either ;))

What does a warrior do for parties?

Warrior has two main roles: Tank and Support Tank/Damage Dealer. He is a jack of all trades and depending on the role, warrior does it well. He can switch from one role to another in an instant.

TIP : Got gil? Well use it wisely. Buy two sets of equipment depending on the situation. Offensive and defensive. Take the time to farm if you need to.

Roles

1. As a tank you try to keep the aggro off everyone else and take the hits. To stay safe you should...

1. Eat DEF+ food.
2.Wear DEF+ AND VIT+equips
3.Wear the best possible armor. Stop leveling if you have to!!!
4.Subbing monk is a smart idea ;)
5.Use defender, provoke, warcry, and boost asap. This will help maintain aggro.

2. The second role of a warrior is a support tank/damage dealer. With a thief in the party you hold the aggro until the main tank and the thief are done. When damage dealing you use anything you can to increase your attack and accuracy.

1.Wear ATK+ , ACC+ and STR+ items
2. Eat ATK+ foods
3.Level a multitude of weapons to be effective in renkei.
5. Use macros for active abilities such as boost.

Even more roles...

1~29

The warrior tanks with other wars on a turnly basis. Provoke, and when the other WAR gets provoke refreshed he vokes it right off you. Trust me, there will be another WAR.Subs that are most effective in this level interval is /mnk and at level 24 /nin, because gets a ninjutsu to help in tankng. So now you have another choice of subjob.

30~59

The warrior will be tanking if there is no paladin or ninja in your party. Be expected to sub /mnk or /nin. Also use the other 3 tips to be effective. If you are partying with another tank, then sub /thf. This will be (i think) pretty much how it goes. You build up your TP and activate Sneak Attack everyone once in a while. Then, when your TP is at 100%+ you WS + Sneak Attack from some crazy damage that will more than likely turn teh monster around.

60~75

At 60 another sub can be added to ur selection, /sam. Nin can be used befre 74 and work fine but this is when it really shines. With Ninja subjob, warrior outanks paladin with Utsesumi:Ni.

Posted: April 17th, 2004, 5:15 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Weapons

Warrior is great with pretty much all weapons, but here are the 4 main weapons.

2 Handed Axe

Best Scenario: Basically any time is good to use 2h axe.

When subbing /sam you are going to use some sort of breaker WS then renkei with the rest of the party. It may not be the best thing to sub with ninja but it definatley work. If its good for the party is good enough for you :).

2h Axe Weapon Skills

:loveThe Breakers:love

Shield Break = Ice
Armor Break = Wind
Weapon Break = Water
Full Break = Earth

100% TP = 3 minutes
200% TP = 4 minutes
300% TP = 5 minutes

There are 3 scenarios when a Break WS is performed - Full effect, Half resist, total resist.

1) Total Resist - usually when the enemy is strong against the element of the Break WS itself. For example: Using Shield Break vs Skeleton enemies (they have high resist vs Ice). That means there will be no evade down for the enemy.

2) Half Resist - usually when the enemy has no weakness/strength against the Break WS. This means the time interval of which the Break is valid is halved. For example, Shield Break, if not half resisted, has around a 3 minute window of which evade down is in effect, but if half resist, it only is in effect for 1 minute and a half.

3) Full effect - usually when the enemy has an weakness to the Break WS. For example, Shield Break vs Crawlers. It has full effect in that 3 minutes

1 Handed Axe

Best Scenario: Great for tanking with a shield and dual-wielding when subbing ninja.

The 1h axe is the damage dealing part of the dual-wielding duo. He is there to give that extra kick and help gain TP for renkeis. When he is needed to renkei though switch him with the 1h sword and viola.

1h Axe Weapon Skills

1 Handed Sword

Best Scenario: Great for tanking with a shield or dual-wielding with ninja sub.

1h sword may be more useful later in the game due to its renkei compatibility. That is why when subbing ninja and dual-wielding, 1h sword should be your main weapon. Not only does it renkei well but there are also weapons that benefit towards your stats ex. Centurion Sword.

1 Handed Sword Weapon Skills

Subjobs

Probably the most talked about thing in all forums. Well warrior works well with 4 different subjobs. So you have a greater choice than many other jobs. Remember level each subjob so you are prepared for each party. Discuss your role in your party so you can switch before heading out.

Monk

Monk is great for tanking because it gives you an HP boost and Counter. Dodge will come in handy because the less hits you take the more aggro you hold. Monk is efficient in all levels 1-75. From my experience monk is a dying subjob. Ninja outdoes monk in almost everything. Monk lacks enough active abilities and holding hate can be a bit more troublesome. A great sub nonetheless.

Thief

Thief sub has alot of ups and downs. The first noticeable thing about thief is its burst damage. When I mean burst damage, I mean sneak attack (SA) & trick attack (TA). Say you are in a situation where the monster is low on health but you can't get through his defense due to a recently used ability. Your mages are low of mana and your melee just cant seem to get through his barrier. Your burst damage will be perfect for this situation. Other than that though thief is a pretty empty subjob. You get a higher critical rate due to its increase in dex but isn't noticeable. Your attacks will be slightly weaker than the other subjobs. This subjob should still be leveled and is great for farming, but it is not always useful.

Samurai

At level 60 this is a great sub. You can probably get in a breaker WS or two and then a damaging WS by the end of the fight. Everything will go much faster with samurai. Great for renkeis and weakens the lets u weaken mobs with your breaker WS even better. The reccommended levels to use samurai is from 60-75. This is where samurai gets it's bread and butter active ability meditate. After 60 samurai replaces monk in effectiveness.

Ninja

WAR/NIN is also much more useful now if not using 2h axe (shield break is less effective at higher levels), and after 74 it's simply incredible. It's useful from low levels up with blink and dual wield, but it kind of stops for awhile at 60 because of raging rush (which is obviously more compatible w/ SAM sub than w/ NIN sub. However, it makes an appearance again at 66 when you get 1h axe's 225 WS, which you'll end up using in more than half or your parties.

Another thing about nin sub, dual wielding axes isn't very good. It's best to dual-wield 2 different weapons, axe in one hand, most likely 1h sword in the other. At lower levels, this is because 1h sword is usually more useful in skillchains, but you use the axe for consistent damage and gaining TP, while at higher levels you'll find some really kickass 1h swords that may add a buttload to stats or have very nice attack attributes (like fafnir's sword, 2~3 swings). Wielding 2 of the same weapon type is usually kind of redundant, unless you're RNG using them for multiple stat boosts, or NIN main where it gives a major speed increase, not a small one like with it subbed. Ninja is great for tanking and BCNM fights. At level 74 ninja becomes one of the most effective subs. Subbing ninja also makes you very compatible with fudiama. You cast blink and pull the hate of the tank. While the mob hits your shadows the thief prepares for fudiama and dumps the hate on the tank.

Other Subs

Coming Soon...

Equipment

Someone write me an equipment guide to go here lol.

Other stuff

Ok so far at level 30 I am still learning but from asking high levels here is what i learned.

- Have two sets of equips. One for melee, one for defense.

- More than one sub will increase your chance of getting into a party.

- Try not to reduce your attack with active abilities such as defender. Eat defense enhancing foods and wear proper equipment. This will help you keep aggro if your damage is steady.

- Take the time and FARM! Dont be a slacker, noone wants to see you in a bronze subligar in Quifm :rolleyes:.

- Save the tarus!!!

Credits & Sources

I would like to say thanks to Taimoor for helping me with the experiences. I would like to thank starfire and helping me revise the guide to be more userfriendly and more informative. I would like to thank Awntawn for the information he provided on ninja. I would liek to thank tongyang for writing up that information on the breaker WS and laicram for showing me where to find it. I would also like to thank FFXIonline.com for the information on the weapon skills and abilities. If I forgot anywell /tell me :D.

[b]Still workin on it. b]

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online