taultunleashed logo[Guide] How Tac Points Work : FPS / MMORPG / RTS Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 1 post ] 
blue large dot

[Guide] How Tac Points Work : FPS / MMORPG / RTS Discussion

Posted: May 11th, 2006, 11:57 pm

police01040
police01040's Reps:
Tac points are based on the value (I think purchase cost) of the ships you sink. I.E. if you sink a frigate you get 30 tac points, but something like my hiryu will give 4 million tac points since it costs 4 million credits to buy.

Gaining Tac Points
===============
Whenever you sink an enemy ship and it explodes and the game credits somebody with the sinking, you recieve tactical points for that ship, however if the ship "burns" your team will, unfortunately, not be credited with the sinking.

Losing Tac Points
===============
Whenever a friendly ship sinks, its tactical value will be subtracted from your tac points. Tac points will never go negative.

Burning
===============
When a ship has a high restore value (soft defense) it has a greater chance of burning. Hence, BB's tend to 'burn' much easier than cruisers as they have more advanced support crews. I don't want to explain the full soft defense system here, but when a ship technically only has 0 DP even though it is still burning and displays a few thousand DP on its health bar, it can still sink. When a ship sinks with a lot of soft defense that is keeping it alive, it will usually burn. Burnings do NOT give you tac points unfortunately, which is why many times you will not get tactical credit for sinking the enemy's BB's or CA's because they burned.

Winning
===============
As you know, winning team is the one with more tac points. So, it is not always about how many enemy ships you sink, but what kind of ships you sink and what kind of friendly team mates sink. If you sink large/expensive ships without them burning, you will get a high tactical point count. If you sink a ship with high tactical value, yet one of your own
ships with an even higher tactical value gets sunk, you end up losing more than you gain.

This is why many teams win without sinking all of the enemy:
Team A has a big BB which burns and gives no tac points to team B. Team B has a nice juicy CV worth 2 million tactical, which gets divebombed and sinks, giving team A 2 mil in tac points. Now, even though Team A "technically" loses the battle since they all got sunk or retreated, they still win because they got lots of tac points from the enemy (team B) while they gave out fewer tac points to the enemy since their own BB burned down.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online