taultunleashed logoSuper Map. : FPS / MMORPG / RTS Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

Super Map. : FPS / MMORPG / RTS Discussion

Posted: November 27th, 2005, 2:04 pm

overst0ck
overst0ck's Reps:
Ok this will show you every hardline, data node, collector, contacts and is up to date. This is on a website where you havet o register but the registration is free. This is from my faction so if you make a account you can go to downloads and search downloads and then download Super Map.

INSTRUCTIONS

So this here, is a replacement for the little red pushpins on your in game map.

It shows you all the hardlines that I know of in game (Please let me know if i'm missing any!)

It also shows you all the boss locations that I know of (which is all of Richland, Westview, International, and all of Downtown, and which access node key they drop (or keys, some drop 2) - There is ONE BOSS that we have not been able to locate yet, and this may be due to a glitch - the boss in Lamar, downtown, is nowhere to be found right now, but the area is quite messed up with suits running around and mobs evading and not even there, etc, so hopefully after a restart at some point in the future there will be an update with this info. For now, we got the Union Hill key by killing Dog Pound Dawgs, and Dog Pound Pitbulls, both by the hardline and where i've put a blip on the map. It's much slower than killing the mob boss but at least you get a key...

Annnd it also has some stuff marked like the Martial Arts vendor downtown in Hampton Green, some Contacts, etc. That part isn't quite complete yet.

I've also marked every mob that drops a red fragment. Again, if i'm missing one, feel free to send me a tell and let me know.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Instructions To Install Map (pblip.cfg)

Okay so you have your matrix game installed in the "C:\Program Files\Monolith Productions\The Matrix Online" let's say,

First things first, make sure you have the game closed (wont work if its minimized) then, You want to open up your "C:\Program Files\Monolith Productions\The Matrix Online\Profiles\AccountName\CharacterName" folder, and find pblip.cfg. You should save it to a disk or a zip file or back it up somewhere in case something goes funky... Then, simply replace that file with the one from the zip. Done!

Description - Removing the Introduction Movies / Matrix Code

I snagged some of this bit from someone on the forums, i'm not sure who it was, so if you know, tell me and i'll give them proper credit etc.

There are 6 .cfg files included in the zip besides the pblip.cfg file. They are,
useropts-nointronocode.cfg, useropts-nointro.cfg, useropts-nomatrixcode.cfg, useropts-precaching.cfg, useropts-camera.cfg, useropts.cfg.

Here's what they do:

useropts.cfg - This file contains the works. when you load up the game after putting in your account name and password, you wont get the intro videos (warner brothers intro, etc), and whenever you jack into the matrix via a hardline, you wont get the matrix loading code. This lets you react much faster as soon as you enter an area, so if you come into a hostile area you can see whats going on and get away or react much quicker. Also, the pre-caching settings for the game have been altered, causing the game to load more of the local area around you BEFORE it actually loads you up at the hardline. In this manner, you will get longer loading times at the loading screen, but you will get much less lag when you actually enter the game. This is key for hostile servers, and still important in a regular server if you are exiting a hot hardline. Also, I Have modified the camera options so that the camera defaults to being zoomed out fully - no up-in-your-face camera unless you're backed against a wall. This is something that everyone i've talked to has preferred over the default camera behavior, so, it's been added.

useropts-nointronocode.cfg - this file skips the intro movies and removes the matrix loading code.

useropts-nointro.cfg - this file only skips the introduction videos, and does not change the matrix loading code when you jack in.

useropts-nomatrixcode.cfg - this file only turns off the matrix loading code, without skipping the videos.

useropts-precaching.cfg - this file only contains the tweaks to precaching, causing much less lag in the game once loaded.

useropts-camera.cfg - this file only contains the tweaks to the camera movement.

The contents of any of the files can be combined - again, useropts.cfg already has them all combined into one.

Instructions to Install User Options (useropts.cfg)

1.) Close the Matrix Online down
2.) Back up your current copy of "useropts.cfg" in "C:\Program Files\Monolith Productions\The Matrix Online" if there is one. This file may not exist.
3.) Choose which file you want to use (useropts-nointronocode.cfg, useropts-nointro.cfg, useropts-nomatrixcode.cfg, useropts-precaching.cfg, useropts-camera.cfg, or the works useropts.cfg)
4.) Rename the file you selected to "useropts.cfg"
5.) Put the file in "C:\Program Files\Monolith Productions\The Matrix Online" - NOTE that it does NOT go in your profile folder!

That's it! Next time you load the game the options will take effect.

Notes

I Plan to keep this map updated with the best info I can dig up, future additions are such things as exile hideout drops, number of floors, level of enemies on each floor, boss name, stats on drops, mob levels in each area, etc. If I have my way the whole map will be one big pushpin! LOL :P If you make use of this map and don't think it sucks, feel free to toss some bits and/or code frags my way. A coder can never be without... :P

Thank Yous

Well, I owe a spot of thanks to the following people for helping me compile all the data for this map, so here goes!
First of all, thanks to Mek for creating the pblip.cfg I originally based this map off of, he marked every access node location in game except one, thanks Mek!
Se7 for being a pain in the butt and making me lose frags by dying constantly! I mean, helping!
Jenacyde for searching with us all for many many hours and grinding away at mobs until we found what we needed.
RedBunny for pulling those mobs who wanted nothing more than to evade us for hours driving us insane - they love to shoot you!
MrKaishi for helping me sift through mounds of data and discovering the pblip format! Cheers!
Megrim for hooking me up with a whole smattering of Contact locations - good lookin out!
Thanks also goes to Morphel, RFAlias, Cycorra1, Auralius, Floseifus, Loriann14, and anyone else I missed! Which im sure is plenty.

This is the instructions on how to install it.

Also i have another exploit type of deal its more of an easy farming info thing.

You go to the Watchers Hideout Bring (Minimun) 1 Rezzer, 1 Despolier, and somone around the level of 10-15 to fight. If you kill the boss with the lower level you are garuenteed a good drop everytime. They mostly Drop Female Watcher shades worth about 6 million info and the male watchers worth about 20 million info.

Posted: November 29th, 2005, 3:57 pm

turbotronic
turbotronic's Reps:
What is the website?

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online