blue large dot

Weekend Wrapup 01/12/2009 : FPS / MMORPG / RTS Discussion

Posted: January 23rd, 2009, 10:51 am

Gaming-News

Total Posts: 15977
Gaming-News's Reps: 75
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE'))) Weekend Wrapup 01/12/2009
Check out the winners of last week's Friday Night Fights on Cassiopeia and AFS Boxing Tournament on Centaurus after the jump!

Author: NCsoft Content Writer
Category: Latest News
Publish Date: 2009-01-12T10:42:13Z

Friday Night Fights

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Tonight, Friday Night Fights landed on Cassie and things are slowly starting to pick back up. This week we had a field of nine fighters chomping at the bit to claim the coveted FNF Championship!

-Preliminary Match: Kaczmanchoy defeated Bethel

-Round One: Vaeyn beat Kaczmanchoy, Koolaidman took out Machka, Deadra overcame Slamscape & Chandler defeated Valashar.

-Round Two: Vaeyn defeated Koolaidman & Chandler beat Deadra.

-Finals: Chandler defeated Vaeyn.

Final Challenge: After capturing his third straight FNF Title, Chandler called for the Pride & Trust Challenge Match. The Champ and his partner Vaeyn would take on the team of Koolaidman & Deadra. Though the fight was quick and fierce, the challengers just couldn't withstand the onslaught of this weeks top two finishers.

Sign up here on the PlanetTR.com Unofficial Tabula Rasa Forums for the next Friday Night Fights on Orion!

See you next week!

-DR

Special Friday Night Fights Announcement

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
As the clock counts down to the end of our beloved TR, it occurs to me that the longest running player operated event needs to go out with a bang. How do we do that?

FNF: Night of Champions

For one night only, the CELLAR Arena could play host to the largest gathering of former FNF Champions ever assembled for a single event. For one night we can see the best of the best slug it out for the chance to walk away as the one and only FNF Grand Champion!

There are still a good deal of former FNF Champs around; Fuzzball, Machka, Cappadocian (Brujah), Chandler, Valashar, Deadra, Vaeyn, Ludd, Slamscape, Iwamoto & Andriss.

But what about Epilogue, Vitman, Ikthyace, Sliversoul, Konkrete, Patton, Sheperd & Coldforge?

How about Glass, the only fighter ever to take the top spot Seven Times?

I know quite a few of our former champions still come to the forums and I hope they see this because I need to know if they'd be willing to come back, even just for one night, to put on a show that I know we won't soon forget.

I'll be sending out an email to our former champions soon adivising them of this tournament so, hopefully, we can make it happen.

If you know a former champion that you think would like to compete in this, point them to this thread.

A list of former champions (as complete as we can make it) is available here.

Centaurus AFS Boxing Tournament

We had a quite a turnout this week!

Besides my brain melting coming up with boxing nicknames and organising the fight roster, it was very fun!

This week's winners are:

-Puu,

-Sylens

-and Mclehto.

And thanks to all the boxers who showed up to compete!

These week, in addition to our normal prizes, the competitors and attendees received snowballs.

And thank the lovely Avatea for providing our weekly prizes.

I hope to see you all (and more) next week.

Buckman

Register for this week's AFS Boxing Tournament on the Unofficial Tabula Rasa Forums as soon as the registration thread is created or turn up on the evening (every Friday evening from 8:30pm GMT or 9:30pm Central European Time) at the C.E.L.L.A.R. 1, Centaurus.

Read more...

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online