blue large dot

AIG Scandal. What do you think? : General Discussion

Posted: March 17th, 2009, 7:41 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
So basically aig was giving 100+ Billion Dollars to bail them out. Now AIG is paying bonuses to the upper executives which amounts to 100+ Million. The public is angry because they are paying to bail out a company that went under and they are suffering. AIG says if they dont pay they will be sued and end up paying more in the long run. The govt is trying to tax 100% all bonuses. What do you think of this fiasco?

I personally think any company that is bailed out should have its entire board fired. Yes AIG went under because the Govt let the Lehman brothers company fail and the defaults killed AIG. But if you are a large company why would you make it so easy to fail if one company crashed...

Posted: March 24th, 2009, 5:32 am

trey8282

Total Posts: 4
trey8282's Reps: 0
To be honest i think it is crazy, i mean you have to watch the kind of bonuses being handed out for many reasons, or at least get the execs to understand the time we are in. But honestly i dont think they would care, its more of pay what is due me or else. Some exes are greedy, and i think some would understand. Have to look at it from if i was a exec there at AIG, would i expect a bonus? Yes i would but i would wait until the company has gotten back on sure footing. But not all execs are like that... :shock: Guess we will see what happens

Posted: March 24th, 2009, 9:11 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Apparently about 80% of the executives have given back the bonuses. Which makes you wonder what those other ones are thinking.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online