[ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

Games vs Girls : General Discussion

Posted: January 18th, 2012, 7:03 pm

sizzle

Total Posts: 42
sizzle's Reps: 8
premium
Why does every girl I meet hate gaming, lol. Gotta be because my sole attention isn't on them while I playing.

Posted: January 19th, 2012, 6:23 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Well you need to find the right one i guess. LOL also find a girl that enjoys gaming with you if its a priority of yours. They are out there just takes some time.

Posted: June 20th, 2012, 6:44 am

gamegirl6

Total Posts: 36
gamegirl6's Reps: 34
premium
I enjoy gaming. ;p I have a lovely boyfriend though, sorry.

I have to say too, that some girls won't make it public knowledge that they play games. For example, there used to be an all-girl guild in EQ2 I think it was (they made each girl come on vent to make sure she was indeed female), but often the guild got harassed by comments like "get back in the kitchen" and "butch !@#$%^&*", and well, lots of disgusting sexual innuendo that I shan't repeat here.

As for myself, I almost never reveal myself as female in a game. The first time I did (via voice chat no less) resulted in every guy trying to hump my toon, taking screen shots of it, and declaring it "gang rape the !@#$%^&* time". Being 14 at the time, it was extremely hurtful and scary, and frankly it still make me angry when I think about it. This was an online FPS game though, at least most people seem slightly nicer in MMORPGS.

The other thing I've found is that announcing yourself to be female often attracts the wrong kind of attention, for me at least: Guys that either crappy gifts just because your a girl and try to get in yer knickers, so to speak, or those that demand proof in threatening tones (not that I blame them, but !@#$%^&* if I'm going to email pics that prove nothing to a complete stranger). Frankly if I could change my forum name now I would, but I already have rep/TUbucks on it and I can't remember my old name for this forum.

So yeah... I meant to write words of encourage and wrote an essay... sorry about that. I just get sick of the "no girl likes violent video games" cliche but then other people turn around harass the !@#$%^&* out of those that do play. Point is, there's probably more women that play games than you think, it's just that I've known quite a few like myself that don't make a big display of it in game or (especially if they've had a conservative upbringing) in public. But take heart... jinx.com has a whole section for female gamers, so you know they're out there!

Posted: June 20th, 2012, 7:10 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Im sorry feel free to write away, your situation sounds annoying. Do you play as a female character in games or a male? If people confront your female toon, do you lie then?

The problem you deal with mainly is people ages 12-16 who have not matured. In time the girl gamers stigmata will fade, just like how the nerd stigmata has dropped significantly these past few years.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online