taultunleashed logoMost painful thing thats ever happened to you... : General Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 19 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

Most painful thing thats ever happened to you... : General Discussion

Posted: July 18th, 2005, 6:22 am

tault_o0ofoulo0o
tault_o0ofoulo0o's Reps:
For me it was just yesterday, I had 5 lumbar punctures (spinal taps) with a 7.5 inch long needle. I usually have a really high tollerance for pain but it pushed me over the edge, I have honestly never felt pain like that before.

Posted: July 18th, 2005, 8:20 am

tault_rabbix
tault_rabbix's Reps:
Goddam, Foul.

I think the worst I've had is when I took a nasty snowboarding fall to the tailbone...

I probably would have avoided the Dr if I'd known he wanted to inspect my tailbone from the... 'inside' ...

*quivers with violation whil;e scrubbing himself*

"Must get clean... Must get clean..."

Posted: July 18th, 2005, 8:24 am

tault_pohyu

Total Posts: 977
tault_pohyu's Reps: 0
paintballing without a cup....i almost blacked out from the pain

Posted: July 18th, 2005, 10:13 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
12 years old: fell on my bike ripped off my lower lip, cut my tounge in half, tore the inside of my lip 9 stiches, cipped a tooth. All healed 100%.

15 years old: Friend cut off the tip of my finger. Grew back 100% but i have no feeling in the tip now.

Got lucky witha lot of things and i healed 100% when i wasnt suppose to.

Posted: July 18th, 2005, 12:43 pm

tault_sirusdv
tault_sirusdv's Reps:
(finger tips dont 'grow' back) and god damn you suck !@#$%^&* at riding a bike.. anyway.. Have any of you seen what your shin bone REALLY looks like? Well I have and even the inside too!

Posted: July 19th, 2005, 2:10 am

tault_l_o_v_3
tault_l_o_v_3's Reps:
Jumping off a 27 foot rock and landing on my feet. I proceeded to bang my head on my knee and fell down I broke my leg and I was in a damn cast for 3 1/2 months.

Posted: July 19th, 2005, 5:57 am

tault_o0ofoulo0o
tault_o0ofoulo0o's Reps:
Tault_l_o_v_3 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Jumping off a 27 foot rock and landing on my feet. I proceeded to bang my head on my knee and fell down I broke my leg and I was in a damn cast for 3 1/2 months.

Holy crap :!:

Posted: July 26th, 2005, 10:23 am

tault_thaman1424
tault_thaman1424's Reps:
When i had my spinal tap the doctors had to do 7 numbing shots thne 5 reg ones BUT O WAIT

They have to do again cuz they hit a nerve.

Posted: July 29th, 2005, 11:25 pm

tault_o0ofoulo0o
tault_o0ofoulo0o's Reps:
tault_thaman1424 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
When i had my spinal tap the doctors had to do 7 numbing shots thne 5 reg ones BUT O WAIT

They have to do again cuz they hit a nerve.

They usually do hit nerves, as your spine is basically the center of your nervous system along with your brain, yeah I had a small nerve problem too, which was made more difficult by the fact my back is muscular (I am all-county butterfly swimmer, it's about the most muscular part of my body T_T) which made it hard for them to get the liquid from around my spine.

I'm supposed to be able to sit up for over a half hour within 10 days from now (I had to go in to get blood injected into my spine as an air bubble formed) which will make my life much more enjoyable, as I'm able to come and read one or two articles now and post a reply, then I have to go and lay back down for atleast an hour and a half to get my back to stop tensing up. I'm hoping to be back to normal in 2-3 weeks. This is only made worse by the fact that I caught mono two days after the spinal tap, so now I may have to get my tonsils lanced....joy

Time to lay down.

Posted: July 30th, 2005, 3:43 am

h4x0r2dam4x0r
h4x0r2dam4x0r's Reps:
This may sound stupid, but, what are spinal taps? I'd much rather hear about it from someone who has experienced it than from google. So, can anyone tell me?

Also... I've had mono before and all I needed to do was rest for about a week and a half. I never had to have anything done to my tonsils.

Anyways... hmm... most painful experience in my life has got to be without a doubt being shot. It wasn't anything serious though. I was just at a shooting range and some idiot was showing his new pistol to his friends or something with the safety off. Accidentally fired it and the bullet grazed the left side of my abdomen... sort of went inbetween two ribs. Hurt like a !@#$%^&*, but now that its healed I have a cool scar and I can tell people I've been shot. :)

Posted: August 2nd, 2005, 10:27 am

tault_o0ofoulo0o
tault_o0ofoulo0o's Reps:
h4x0r2dam4x0r (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
This may sound stupid, but, what are spinal taps? I'd much rather hear about it from someone who has experienced it than from google. So, can anyone tell me?

Also... I've had mono before and all I needed to do was rest for about a week and a half. I never had to have anything done to my tonsils.

Anyways... hmm... most painful experience in my life has got to be without a doubt being shot. It wasn't anything serious though. I was just at a shooting range and some idiot was showing his new pistol to his friends or something with the safety off. Accidentally fired it and the bullet grazed the left side of my abdomen... sort of went inbetween two ribs. Hurt like a !@#$%^&*, but now that its healed I have a cool scar and I can tell people I've been shot. :)

In a spinal tap they stick a long needle into your spine and draw out liquid, but they have a high chance of failure in people with alot of muscle or fat on their back (I have a very muscular back as I swim butterfly on a daily basis). A miss can cause back pain for as long as 3 weeks.

If you get mono you can have white patches of poison that build up on the back of your throat by your tonsils, and if they don't go away you have to have them lanced and stuffed with gauze which is supposed to be like hell on earth.

Posted: August 2nd, 2005, 11:44 am

h4x0r2dam4x0r
h4x0r2dam4x0r's Reps:
I guess I lucked out then. Never had to have any sort of gauze stuff into my mouth. o_O.

And I still don't get what spinal taps are needed for. Is the excess liquid buildup just accidental or is it part of a disease or does it just happen to random people or what? The thought of a doctor sticking a long-ass needle in my back is so unappealing =(.

Posted: August 3rd, 2005, 11:39 am

rabidcicada

Total Posts: 164
rabidcicada's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
My brother Had 3 spinal taps...I didn't even experience it...but I can vow that is hands-down the most painful thing. We are twins and he has the exact same pain tolerance. He was in agony and he had a spinal fluid leak afterwards which complicated things

Posted: August 3rd, 2005, 3:30 pm

tault_o0ofoulo0o
tault_o0ofoulo0o's Reps:
h4x0r2dam4x0r (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I guess I lucked out then. Never had to have any sort of gauze stuff into my mouth. o_O.

And I still don't get what spinal taps are needed for. Is the excess liquid buildup just accidental or is it part of a disease or does it just happen to random people or what? The thought of a doctor sticking a long-ass needle in my back is so unappealing =(.

It's used to detect if that liquid is infected, to reduce pressure if your body produces excess liquid, and to test for certain diseases.

rabidcicada (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
My brother Had 3 spinal taps...I didn't even experience it...but I can vow that is hands-down the most painful thing. We are twins and he has the exact same pain tolerance. He was in agony and he had a spinal fluid leak afterwards which complicated things

That is similar to what happened to me, I had a spinal leak, in a place that they had drained to much and there was a flap that formed in the membrane, which made a bubble form which basically has had me bed ridden. I then got what they call a 'spinal headache' which is where an air bubble forms in your spine/brain membrane and when I sat up for over a minute or two my head hurt so bad that I had to run to lay down.

Posted: August 4th, 2005, 4:04 am

rabidcicada

Total Posts: 164
rabidcicada's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
My condolences man...my bro had the headache too. You still in bed?...hope everything goes well

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online