taultunleashed logoWTF is the deal here. : General Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

WTF is the deal here. : General Discussion

Posted: July 10th, 2004, 4:15 pm

reality150
reality150's Reps:
I never could get beta 3 to work it would go through d/l of files and always stopped with/ an error occured while opening the file to be downloaded. Make sure that the directory is writable and the application is not already running. Error:5

Now since the so say stable version worked I payed this no mind, now after reinstalling everything and finally deciding to check out xu with daoc again after all the banning hype, i click on xu as normal it was all saved in a folder and try to run it, well it starts update and stops with the same bs that I had with beta, now i try beta also same bs.

So then i delete that copy, d/l another from the website, put it in a folder alone and by itself on my desktop, excute it same damn problem an error occured while opening blah blah blah error:5

win xp operating system and I have no problems at all on my system, and before you start saying do things like check to see if write protected etc... trust me none of that is the case, software should beable to d/l and on its own.

I am not sure what the problem is with anything anymore or why the admin chooses to pm me about a avatar while he hadnt even commented on any post on the forum in over a week to anyone that was expressing there dissatisfaction with how things were going. After the avatar episode i pretty much stopped posting here cause its senseless bs, now we ask ourself yea its only 20.00 a month but as some pointed out thats between 60k and 100k a year which isnt bad for a part time deal, and not sure of what admin's and wyv's agreement is or how they share the profit, it doesnt even matter to me.

What does matter to me is, how long most of these people been waiting for answers and are repeatedly told to resend pm's I even said same exact thing thinking maybe he wasnt getting them, but after recieving the pm about my avatar, then another me replying back like whatever, i get anotehr pm saying my other name was upgraded that i sent like 2 weeks before in pm if not longer.

meanwhile wyv is saying everything is caught up to such and such date, and if it was sent before the 25th and your not upgraded resend the pm , well my pm was well before the 25th, and was well after he said that, that it was upgraded.

I mention the script conversion process to help ease everyones frustrations, now if not sure how to do it why not ask someone? I am sure there are a few people here on this board with the knowledge to write such a script.

I guess my biggest peeve about the whole thing is, after all the peoples problems and no responce from admin or if he does respond its saying send it again, as if people arent tired of hearing this to begin with, he chooses to pick out my avatar ffs out of all things to comment on and say no nudity plz when it wasnt even nudity.

So if admin has enough times to worry about my avatar surely he has enough to answer some of these peoples post instead of wyv answering them when infact he cant do anything.

I applogize ahead for the rant but, after seeing my copy of x doesnt work after waiting for all the bugs etc... to get worked out and still hasnt, just kinda set me off today.

Posted: July 10th, 2004, 7:00 pm

Admin

Total Posts: 1168
Admin's Reps: 4
administrator
premium
I did answer your PM a few days ago, and also the other account you created and wished to have your name transferred to. That other account was upgraded per your request.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online