easy training till 25 : Hero Online Discussions

Posted: October 18th, 2006, 5:01 am

heroman12
heroman12's Reps:
party training is really helpful when u party with people near ur lvl for 1-25

Posted: January 11th, 2007, 2:12 pm

sn00pythedog
sn00pythedog's Reps:
ehhh. nope not really. the % of exp increase is barely enough to even matter. it jus adds more confusion between parnets and it's can be really time consuming

Posted: January 11th, 2007, 3:43 pm

razcal
razcal's Reps:
lmao I can have a new character to 25 heck 36 in less then a day if I take him to Bamboo with my main and have him just stand there...

Raz

level 1 to 10 is less then 10 minutes.....
10-20 in half an hour easy...

Posted: January 15th, 2007, 8:49 pm

benmat_rox
benmat_rox's Reps:
razcal (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
lmao I can have a new character to 25 heck 36 in less then a day if I take him to Bamboo with my main and have him just stand there...

Raz

level 1 to 10 is less then 10 minutes.....
10-20 in half an hour easy...

Serious??? I played for like 6 hours and i got to level 10 Haha!
Well thats just me for ya tho, im always to busy exploring stuff, i can never stick to just training. I always have to look around and get myself killed lol.
Well, good luck with the trainin :D

Posted: January 15th, 2007, 10:09 pm

shadow_storm
shadow_storm's Reps:
ooh, nah i prefer single training. party training is slow and bring if you ask me, because you really are reallying on them to get u lots of xp and you sit back and do nothing. and thats in there minds to so itgoes quite slowly.

Posted: January 27th, 2007, 10:01 pm

ryuzaki
ryuzaki's Reps:
Leaching can help i guess...but you gotta pay =|

Posted: February 4th, 2007, 11:11 am

catinthebox
catinthebox's Reps:
A Party adds a 10% XP bonus per extra member in the team. So 2 people = 10% bonus, 5 people = 40% bonus. It sounds amazing in theory, but here's where it often goes wrong...

For each kill you make, the XP is divided by the number of people in your group. So lets say you are in a 5 person group and fighting mobs normally worth 100 XP. When someone kills a mob, you get 100 XP + 40% bonus for a total of 140 XP -- but that number is divided by 5 people, so you really get 28 XP for that kill. In a perfect world, the 5 of you will kill 1 mob in the same amount of time so you end up with 5 x 28 = 140 XP, which is more XP than you normally could earn on your own. However, this isn't a perfect world. You probably have 1 teammate that went back to the tavern to sell items or buy more pots. So now you are earning 4 x 28 = 112 XP, which is still more than you can earn own your own but wait... 4 people in a group is a little more than your area can handle so most likely another person has wandered outside of the group radius to find something to kill. While they are outside the group radius they don't earn group XP, but everyone still splits XP as if they were earning. So now we are down to 3 x 28 = 84 XP, which is 16% less than the 100 XP you could earn on your own.

If you want to group, make sure you keep everyone close together. As soon as people start wandering off from the pack -- even if just barely outside of the group radius -- then you all end up worse off than if you were solo'ing. A group is really best suited for fighting much higher level mobs where it takes more than 1 person to take down a mob. This forces the the group to stick together.

Posted: February 4th, 2007, 12:48 pm

ryuzaki
ryuzaki's Reps:
catinthebox (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
A Party adds a 10% XP bonus per extra member in the team. So 2 people = 10% bonus, 5 people = 40% bonus. It sounds amazing in theory, but here's where it often goes wrong...

For each kill you make, the XP is divided by the number of people in your group. So lets say you are in a 5 person group and fighting mobs normally worth 100 XP. When someone kills a mob, you get 100 XP + 40% bonus for a total of 140 XP -- but that number is divided by 5 people, so you really get 28 XP for that kill. In a perfect world, the 5 of you will kill 1 mob in the same amount of time so you end up with 5 x 28 = 140 XP, which is more XP than you normally could earn on your own. However, this isn't a perfect world. You probably have 1 teammate that went back to the tavern to sell items or buy more pots. So now you are earning 4 x 28 = 112 XP, which is still more than you can earn own your own but wait... 4 people in a group is a little more than your area can handle so most likely another person has wandered outside of the group radius to find something to kill. While they are outside the group radius they don't earn group XP, but everyone still splits XP as if they were earning. So now we are down to 3 x 28 = 84 XP, which is 16% less than the 100 XP you could earn on your own.

If you want to group, make sure you keep everyone close together. As soon as people start wandering off from the pack -- even if just barely outside of the group radius -- then you all end up worse off than if you were solo'ing. A group is really best suited for fighting much higher level mobs where it takes more than 1 person to take down a mob. This forces the the group to stick together.

Thats a good point, but i'm under suspicion that you are talking about party members each killing different monsters right? Also be carefull of leechers, its a given but you know, sometimes they pretend to attack but then they make that monster attack another party monster...

Posted: February 4th, 2007, 9:06 pm

catinthebox
catinthebox's Reps:
ryuzaki (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Thats a good point, but i'm under suspicion that you are talking about party members each killing different monsters right? Also be carefull of leechers, its a given but you know, sometimes they pretend to attack but then they make that monster attack another party monster...

Correct, I am talking party members each killing different monsters. The one time that the party system really works is if everyone is ganging up on the same monster. I suspect it plays more of a roll in the higher levels when monsters becomes much more difficult to kill.

Posted: February 5th, 2007, 5:08 am

ryuzaki
ryuzaki's Reps:
catinthebox (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
ryuzaki (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

Correct, I am talking party members each killing different monsters. The one time that the party system really works is if everyone is ganging up on the same monster. I suspect it plays more of a roll in the higher levels when monsters becomes much more difficult to kill.

Party system + ganging up is only good if you don't care for the exp...because that one monster is split between all of you. Is that what you mean by ganging up? For people who don't need exp as much so they just work together on one monster or do you mean lower levels partying and going to kill 30 level higher monsters as there would be sufficient exp and teamwork would help.

Posted: February 5th, 2007, 7:31 am

catinthebox
catinthebox's Reps:
For example, right now I can handle monsters my own level very easily. I can go up to 7 levels above my level and still earn good XP, but I would burn though potions fairly fast. I won't consider grouping with anyone unless we were going to fight monsters 15 levels or higher than me. It needs to be a monster that has enough HP/defense to require more than one person attacking to bring it down.

Posted: February 5th, 2007, 3:06 pm

ryuzaki
ryuzaki's Reps:
7 levels? well at 18 i started killing level 34's and leveled fast but the price was potion burning. The items i gained where sold at a nice price so i don't worry about money loss. BTW whats your level?

Posted: February 5th, 2007, 5:12 pm

catinthebox
catinthebox's Reps:
26 at the moment. I am doing a pure STR build so I don't have the DEX to handle what normal players can do.

Posted: February 5th, 2007, 6:46 pm

ryuzaki
ryuzaki's Reps:
At any rate, i will create a new thread now for us to continue this..

Posted: June 24th, 2007, 10:04 am

anonymousm
anonymousm's Reps:
catinthebox your right about the whole partying with 5 people
but when u play
u never want to party with that many people because of those reasons so its a point of time
the only time ud wana party with that many people is is ur pvping

but partying with just one other person is perfect
im a lvl 37 hunter
and i party with my friend and he just rounds up mobs on his horse and i do the same and he brings em to me
and so its a mob with around 10 to 15 people or more and i kill them all in at least 2 hits
and doin this over and over is a very easy way to lvl
the easiest place do this is at spirit shire beach because the monsters give a moderate amount of exp at that lvl so i lvl very fast doing this

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online