taultunleashed logoHero Trainer... : Hero Online Discussions - Page 4
newtopic  postreply
 [ 60 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
blue large dot

Hero Trainer... : Hero Online Discussions - Page 4

Posted: February 3rd, 2007, 10:40 am

catinthebox
catinthebox's Reps:
You must be talking about something entirely different. The botcode I found was posted by xxxgod himself. Nobody stole the code and put it there for him. From what I can tell in the 1st thread, he was having some code problems and wanted outside help debugging the issue. In the 2nd thread he was trying to get someone to code a small part for him that he didn't know how or didn't have time to do himself. In the end I don't think anybody gave him free code, so I assume he eventually finished it himself. But in any case, the code itself looks fairly complete.

Posted: February 3rd, 2007, 1:17 pm

cori_tim

Total Posts: 143
cori_tim's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
I know what you are talking about Catinthebox. I was looking through that forum also.

Fortunately the entire bot wasn't posted, but enough was posted for someone to get a working version going with some knowledge of scripting.

I thought it was funny at the end of the post that everyone was bagging on XxXGoD for being a noob. I guess we should be the ones laughing now since the script works great.

Posted: February 3rd, 2007, 2:14 pm

kourath

Total Posts: 1979
kourath's Reps: 23
Active User > 50 Posts
I hate it when people call other people noobs when they make a legitimate attempt at creating a bot. I've also seen xxxgods source via pm, and even though it was clearly evident that he was somewhat new, I can honestly say I've done much, much worse. People just don't understand that things take practice before you can be good.

RIP kourath. 5/21/08

Posted: February 3rd, 2007, 2:41 pm

ryuzaki
ryuzaki's Reps:
kourath (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I hate it when people call other people noobs when they make a legitimate attempt at creating a bot. I've also seen xxxgods source via pm, and even though it was clearly evident that he was somewhat new, I can honestly say I've done much, much worse. People just don't understand that things take practice before you can be good.

yea, after all, aren't we all "noobs" at one point or another. We learn from our faults as well...

Posted: February 4th, 2007, 10:48 am

catinthebox
catinthebox's Reps:
Anyhow, back to the main topic of botting. How is the code coming along for your bot xxxgod? I'm curious what methods you are planning to use for the GM quiz bypass.

An ImageSearch of the GM quiz form could locate the position of the quiz on the screen. Then with pixelsearch you could determine whether the question is addition or subtraction (I haven't see anything besides that so far). For the numbers, you can use an old technique of mine where you save each piece of text that you want to search for as an image with a transparent background. Then use ImageSearch to locate that text on the screen. Since the math is supposed to be easy, images for 0 to 15 should suffice.

Alternatively, I once had a bot that would take screenshots of certain areas of the screen where it needed to read information, then pass those image files to an external OCR program (there are free ones available out there) to convert the data to a string and return the results back to my bot. I would save this as a last resort because it's a little complex to setup and I was only getting around 80-90% accuracy in the image -> string conversion. The hardest part is removing any background from the text so that the OCR can do its work.

Posted: March 18th, 2007, 4:46 pm

xxxgod

Total Posts: 416
xxxgod's Reps: 12
Ok i didnt check this thread, please me me the site where someone posted cos i know this only site i posted it.

kourath im not new at all to scripting with autoit, ive scripted some of the best programs ever useing autoit, i made myself a bot for Diablo II way before mmbot was ever released, and mines still better than mmbot.

I dont need really good coding for Hero Online, cos they made it so easy for us to do it all.

I still have much to learn.

catinthebox i thought of those methods, i was trying to do the pixel one, but its fairly hard or im doing wrong, maybe we can talk together on msn or somthing, pm me pls with all ur IM accounts for w/e u use

Posted: March 19th, 2007, 12:48 pm

reijekt

Total Posts: 282
reijekt's Reps: 5
Active User > 50 Posts
One thing about the screen shots. I didn't say this earlier because i didn't want to cause any problems but the screen shots won't really help that much. the reason being that, even though its a full screen screen shot, its still different than the game screen. The box will be in a different place in the SS than it will be on screen. Even though its a small difference, it will make a difference in the script. Also another thing that will present a problem, although it is a smaller problem, is the pixel color. Its different for some people. And then you'll have to make it look for several key points if you're still using AutoIT. For example you'll have to make it look for points in each number like the top left part of the number 7.

Posted: March 19th, 2007, 2:17 pm

catinthebox
catinthebox's Reps:
xxxgod: sorry, I don't use IM's anymore. You are welcome to PM me regarding certain topics you want or we can just discuss it out in the open here. Discussion of the details of techniques might be best left in PM due to lurking GM's and such.

reijekt: I haven't noticed any differences between the screenshots and in-game pixels. For development testing I load up a screenshot in photoshop and run some of my bot functions directly against the photoshop window. After a new function passes the photoshop test, then I go into the actual game and test it out against the same in-game situations. So far there have not been any differences.

The reason I wanted screenshots is because I'm using a different algorithm to detect numbers than what you are describing in your 7 example. Rather than check for specific key pixels pixels (like the top left corner, top right corner, and finally the bottom of the 7 in your example), I am using a system where I teach it what the 7 looks like and tell it what range of colors are acceptable. From there it can scan the screen for a 7 and let me know if it finds one -- regardless if it is purple, green, or red. It is a little more processor intensive but allows the bot to be far more flexible when it comes to accepting a wide range of data (in this case numbers and color variations).

You are correct about pixel color differences between different machines. The current solution is to make the colors configurable so that each person can calibrate the bot so that it works on *their* machine. However, I realized that there is another option. There are two techniques I use with my bot to gain information about the game status based on visual information; one of them has trouble with the pixel colors being different and the other seems to work just fine across all machines. Over the next couple of versions I will be going back through my code and redoing some functions to use the 2nd technique.

Posted: March 19th, 2007, 2:32 pm

xxxgod

Ahha Ok thanks interesting how you do it xD

Could you pm me your source and your methods and things so i can try and see what i can do to help out.

Posted: April 20th, 2007, 11:03 am

heroguilder
heroguilder's Reps:
sorry im new, but i just wanna ask this if this bot safe of keyloggers?

Posted: April 20th, 2007, 11:09 am

xxxgod

No Keyloggers from me, im a modertaror for christ sake, i wouldnt do such a thing

Posted: April 20th, 2007, 1:42 pm

darkblades
darkblades's Reps:
god...darkblades was my old char banned cuz i said the name here...well i wont say my other char name here so i asked u send me the pm to me with ur ing xD

Posted: May 26th, 2007, 4:34 am

zhinx
zhinx's Reps:
yea u can post it beacuse it is also helpful

Posted: June 9th, 2007, 8:41 am

banana34
banana34's Reps:
lol true
i really waant it
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted: June 9th, 2007, 8:06 pm

zhinx
zhinx's Reps:
yeah, i want it also :P

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online